LeBron James has agreed to 4-year, $154M deal with Lakers, Klutch Sports says.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
What does this do to the Lakers as far as cap space? Dave keeps saying DMC will go to LAL. Can they afford him?
Last I heard was Cousins would sign a 2 year prove it deal back with NO.

I had also heard that LeBron would need to be signed last to complete the puzzle but maybe the Lakers still have room. But realistically they'll probably need to trade for whoever LeBron says. I hope Magic and Luke enjoyed their time as GM and Coach because LeBron runs the lakeshow now. And certainly if the elder Ball can't STFU I imagine his baby gonna be on the trade block.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Last I heard was Cousins would sign a 2 year prove it deal back with NO.

I had also heard that LeBron would need to be signed last to complete the puzzle but maybe the Lakers still have room. But realistically they'll probably need to trade for whoever LeBron says. I hope Magic and Luke enjoyed their time as GM and Coach because LeBron runs the lakeshow now. And certainly if the elder Ball can't STFU I imagine his baby gonna be on the trade block.
Source?

Unless they get Leonard, and even if they do, I don't see them getting to the finals this season. The Lakers with James are arguably worse than 3 teams. Golden state, Houston, and OKC have the pieces to be better.
Add the Current Pelicans as better than the Lakers with James imo......

Do they have space after they signed kcp to $12 Mil?
What does this do to the Lakers as far as cap space? Dave keeps saying DMC will go to LAL. Can they afford him?
From HoopsRumors:

The Lakers could get up to about $23.6MM in cap room by renouncing Randle and stretching Deng. Renouncing Randle and trading Deng for no incoming salary would result in $30MM+ in space. Keeping Randle’s cap hold on the books and stretching Deng would open up about $12MM.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/07/lakers-to-re-sign-kentavious-caldwell-pope.html

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I actually think before Cleveland/LeBron he was on his way to LA once he was unrestricted.

Definitely won't go anywhere ear G1C, that's for sure. Won't want to watch Kings-Lakers games from there either as the Laker fan will be out in force in their brand new LBJ Laker jerseys. May actually watch the Staples games simply to see how Kobe fan reacts to all the hoopla.
Every single one of those people wearing a LeBron Laker Jersey was wearing a Curry Jersey a month ago....

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Apropos of nothing, listening to Isiah Thomas praising Magic Johnson on NBA TV reminds me of that very emotional reconciliation that they had last year. You can just hear it in his voice how much it healed his soul to have finally made peace with his friend.