Kwame Brown

Any one listen to KNBR this morning? I was flipping around inbetween rise guys ads and they mention the Kings might get Kwame Brown? I heard the end of it.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Iggy said:
Any one listen to KNBR this morning? I was flipping around inbetween rise guys ads and they mention the Kings might get Kwame Brown? I heard the end of it.
thanks but no thanks

Ryle said:
I would take Kwame for one of the scrubs that we just traded for.
yeah, evidently we're into acquiring mediocre players. Maybe we'll trade Kwame for Bibby and Bobby or something.:rolleyes: (and no, I didn't check that in real GM!)

I would too, Kwame is still young, and in the right team he might have better games. Brick or Ryle, whats his salary and what can we realistically give up for him?

Last edited:
PFFFT!! said:
I would too, Kwame is still young, and in the right team he might have better games. Brick or Ryle, whats his salary and what can we realistically give up for him?
Just being nosy I ran it through trade checker and we can send either Thomas or Corliss to them but I don't see why they would do it. I think he makes about 5.5 million.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
PFFFT!! said:
According to RealGM almost any of the new guys have very similar salaries. Think Skinner may be a bit off + of course as new acquisiions, we can't package the new guys with other players.

Ryle said:
Just being nosy I ran it through trade checker and we can send either Thomas or Corliss to them but I don't see why they would do it. I think he makes about 5.5 million.
The trade would make more sense, if we got Kwame for Thomas.

Heuge said:
The trade would make more sense, if we got Kwame for Thomas.
Isn't Thomas a better player? Kwame is a bit of a tree considering his size. Biggest hype around out of HS, even Jordan thought he was promising, but he plays like hes afraid all the time. I heard Jordan got into his psyche during practice one day, said he sucked, destroyed him in a 1-1 game, and was never the same guy again.

PFFFT!! said:
Isn't Thomas a better player? Kwame is a bit of a tree considering his size. Biggest hype around out of HS, even Jordan thought he was promising, but he plays like hes afraid all the time. I heard Jordan got into his psyche during practice one day and was never the same guy again.
Kwame's in the last year of his contract.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
PFFFT!! said:
Isn't Thomas a better player? Kwame is a bit of a tree considering his size. Biggest hype around out of HS, even Jordan thought he was promising, but he plays like hes afraid all the time. I heard Jordan got into his psyche during practice one day and was never the same guy again.
Thiomas is a better player today, but there is no upside and he's still terribly mediocre. Getting Kwame would give us a chance at a guy blossoming. Kid still has talent, just a knucklehead. Like trading away Webber for prospects much mroe than trading him away for middle aged middling talents with no upside.

Heuge said:
Kwame's in the last year of his contract.
In that case, if we do give up Thomas for Kwame, can we pretty much say that Petrie has "thrown away the season"? Songalia would be our PF this season with Kwame as backup. Hmmmm...

PFFFT!! said:
In that case, if we do give up Thomas for Kwame, can we pretty much say that Petrie has "thrown away the season"? Songalia would be our PF this season with Kwame as backup. Hmmmm...
I think we have thrown in the towel.

I just saw this in Kwame's stats page:

Points this season: 16 @ Miami 12/13/04 Career high:30 vs. Sacramento 3/17/04

Whenever someone gets a career high against us, Petrie always get him. Funny how that works.

PFFFT!! said:
Isn't Thomas a better player? Kwame is a bit of a tree considering his size. Biggest hype around out of HS, even Jordan thought he was promising, but he plays like hes afraid all the time. I heard Jordan got into his psyche during practice one day, said he sucked, destroyed him in a 1-1 game, and was never the same guy again.
Jordan said more then, "You suck." He called him and f'n f***** and made him cry.