[Game] Knicks and Kings SL game 12:30

Was hoping we might have a guy worth some minutes at Small forward. Jones is an end of bench throw in trade fodder. Other guys need a year or two at least in the G league

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
He’s shown more than Slawson did so far that’s for sure. His 3 point shooting has been pretty bad but the form looks solid. I’d love to know what kind of role they envision for him.
It's a very small sample size, but so far Jones has had 13 3PA across 6 Summer League games. Last year at Washington State he took a total of 14 threes in 35 games. So even though his percentage isn't good right now (23% I believe) the Kings are clearly encouraging him to work on his outside shot.

Even with his length/wingspan, he doesn't have the size, weight, or strength to thrive as a smallball five, so he'll have to get more perimeter oriented to have a chance to stick in the NBA. So I think that's the plan for him - see if he can improve his shot and become a 3&D backup PF. With his shotblocking and rebounding I'd love to see it happen as he could be a useful reserve down the line if his shot comes around.

He’s shown more than Slawson did so far that’s for sure. His 3 point shooting has been pretty bad but the form looks solid. I’d love to know what kind of role they envision for him.
They likely haven't envisioned any role, other than he's not a guard. They're just trying to find out if he's an NBA talent