Kings would make the Playoffs in proposed 22 or 20 team Playoffs!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I never disputed the difficulty level, I said that the objective was the same. I already stipulated to the differences; reductive, though it may be, everything that you just said can more or less be simplified to, "the Kings have to jump more teams than the Wizards."

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The ultimate trollerific outcome of all of this would be if the boringly bad San Antonio Spurs somehow would up being the team that won the 8th seed and we got stuck watching a Lakers-Spurs series (although the Lakers are actually probably the one team the Spurs match up well against) rather than a chance of seeing Dame or one of the young stars on the other teams (Zion, Fox, Ja) get to wreak havoc in the playoffs.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
The ultimate trollerific outcome of all of this would be if the boringly bad San Antonio Spurs somehow would up being the team that won the 8th seed and we got stuck watching a Lakers-Spurs series (although the Lakers are actually probably the one team the Spurs match up well against) rather than a chance of seeing Dame or one of the young stars on the other teams (Zion, Fox, Ja) get to wreak havoc in the playoffs.
I'd been rooting for the Spurs all season, until they pulled that mess with their assistant coaches. I'd kind of like to see some of the up-and-comers like New Orleans (or even Sacramento) in the playoffs, but my sensibilities won't allow me to root against Memphis, at this point; I'd hate to see them end up getting penalized being the team "holding the bag" when COVID-19 hit.

I'd been rooting for the Spurs all season, until they pulled that mess with their assistant coaches. I'd kind of like to see some of the up-and-comers like New Orleans (or even Sacramento) in the playoffs, but my sensibilities won't allow me to root against Memphis, at this point; I'd hate to see them end up getting penalized being the team "holding the bag" when COVID-19 hit.
You realize she wasn't even the most experienced assistant on the staff right? Pop can hand the keys to whoever he feels is the most competent person and in that case it was the great TD. hardly fits the narrative your trying to portray it to be.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
You realize she wasn't even the most experienced assistant on the staff right? Pop can hand the keys to whoever he feels is the most competent person and in that case it was the great TD. hardly fits the narrative your trying to portray it to be.
There's no set of prerequisites for being an NBA head coach in which the most qualified or "most competent" candidate, from those eligible, would have been Tim Duncan. Literally, the only argument that can be used against Hammon that cannot be used in triplicate against Duncan is, "she didn't play in the NBA," and that isn't a job requirement.

Popovich, like Adam Silver, has a nearly impeccable track record, so he gets a mulligan or two. But he blew that one.

The Kings have to finish the shortened resumed season in ninth place, and within four games of the eighth seed. Washington has to finish the shortened resumed season in ninth place, and within four games of the eighth seed. What's different about it?
I don’t think I could say it better or with more clarity than the Capt.
I like how he summarized it as “the goal is the same,” but the Kings have the greater challenge.

There's no set of prerequisites for being an NBA head coach in which the most qualified or "most competent" candidate, from those eligible, would have been Tim Duncan. Literally, the only argument that can be used against Hammon that cannot be used in triplicate against Duncan is, "she didn't play in the NBA," and that isn't a job requirement.

Popovich, like Adam Silver, has a nearly impeccable track record, so he gets a mulligan or two. But he blew that one.
Will Hardy (10 yrs), and Chip Engelland (15 yrs) also watched TD stroll up to the captians quarters. My pops always told me "fair is a place with goats". Such is life.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I don’t think I could say it better or with more clarity than the Capt.
I like how he summarized it as “the goal is the same,” but the Kings have the greater challenge.
@Capt. Factorial's post didn't refute what I said, though, it's just more sympathetic to the Kings than my post is. I already stipulated that the Kings had the greater challenge; that was implied in the "have more teams to jump over" part of the statement.

I think the key for the Kings will be how Buddy comes back. Does he bounce back after an up and down season? Looks like he's been putting in work during the quarantine. Also what happens with Bagley? If he can come off the bench and play well with Bazemore and Buddy, that's a very strong second unit.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Jason Jones retweeted it but the tweet is gone now so I guess not. It made sense though, what with every single team being in the same complex rendering east/west conference divisions a moot point and all.
That would be great for the Kings though. I'd much rather be tied 4-5-6 competing with 9 teams for 5 spots than tied 2-3-4 competing with 6 teams for 2 spots.

Be nice to watch some Kings Basketball. It won't be like it used to be though. No crowd, in a bubble, new PBP to join almost rookie Doug, Many at their political extremes, many very experienced oldsters not present and on and on.

As for the Kings their defense will be what will allow them to succeed. And they need to come out shooting the ball well.