[Game] Kings @ Wolves

Nope. Jimmer allows like 80 points every time he plays...
Will you PLEASE stop trolling? You're not contributing, you're just looking to bait someone into an argument. Either comment on the game and what happened or what you think should have happened, or don't comment at all. Your comments are inflammatory and designed to lure others into an argument.

As for the game, we played terribly and can only blame ourselves for the loss. Both a positive and negative on the very last play of the game:
Positive: Cousins made a big play in creating an open lay-up for Hickson. He made a very good pass and we should have tied the game.
Negative: Hickson showed again that he's a liability with the game on the line. No IQ, terrible hands, no reaction time etc.. That was such an easy catch to make. How can you NOT be expecting the ball when you're wide open under the rim with a couple seconds to go? Idiotic.

Will you PLEASE stop trolling? You're not contributing, you're just looking to bait someone into an argument. Either comment on the game and what happened or what you think should have happened, or don't comment at all. Your comments are inflammatory and designed to lure others into an argument.

As for the game, we played terribly and can only blame ourselves for the loss. Both a positive and negative on the very last play of the game:
Positive: Cousins made a big play in creating an open lay-up for Hickson. He made a very good pass and we should have tied the game.
Negative: Hickson showed again that he's a liability with the game on the line. No IQ, terrible hands, no reaction time etc.. That was such an easy catch to make. How can you NOT be expecting the ball when you're wide open under the rim with a couple seconds to go? Idiotic.
If you're waiting for me to change my behavior to please you, you're going to come away disappointed. If you don't like my comments or attempts at humor, I suggest you exercise the ignore feature.

If you're waiting for me to change my behavior to please you, you're going to come away disappointed. If you don't like my comments or attempts at humor, I suggest you exercise the ignore feature.
You've long been put on ignore, unfortunately I wasn't signed in when I clicked into the thread so I seen your post. Should have ignored it but your spamming of the forum with idiotic junk needs to be addressed. And don't pretend it was an attempt at humour, it was an attempt to take a dig at people who are objective about what Jimmer brings to the table at the moment. I shall return to ignoring you again. :)

BTW, I don't expect you to change your behaviour for me, I expect you to change it so it's in line with the charter. Trolling is against the rules. I'd suggest keeping it at a minimum if you want to continue posting here.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
You've long been put on ignore, unfortunately I wasn't signed in when I clicked into the thread so I seen your post. Should have ignored it but your spamming of the forum with idiotic junk needs to be addressed. And don't pretend it was an attempt at humour, it was an attempt to take a dig at people who are objective about what Jimmer brings to the table at the moment. I shall return to ignoring you again. :)

BTW, I don't expect you to change your behaviour for me, I expect you to change it so it's in line with the charter. Trolling is against the rules. I'd suggest keeping it at a minimum if you want to continue posting here.
It happens every day, it seems. Funny how some peoples supposed sense of humor only revolves around Reke or Jimmer. I'd say it's more an excuse to troll.

Sarcasm is a type of humor. It's not tantamount to "trolling". You over sensitive types need to stop regarding every little thing that annoys you as trolling. I've done no spamming that I'm aware of but if you feel I have, I'd advise that you report it to the mods and let them handle it as they see fit rather than creating a futile reply to me. I do not care what you think nor will i make any attempts to change anything to please you. If I'm so bad, then it's pretty strange that I've never gotten any warnings or infractions. Maybe that's because I'm actually not violating rules or charter and you (as well as a few others) just need to stop sniveling about everything i say.

He also scores, like, 80 points every time he plays as well, right?

Funny how every time Jimmer plays well it negates his defensive deficiencies in other games.
Except for his huge two steals tonight...

Anyway, keep ignoring the fact that this TEAM is one of the worst defensive teams in the league (perhaps the worst). If you want to pin that on one player, go for it brah.

Last edited:
Except for his huge two steals tonight...

Anyway, keep ignoring the fact that this TEAM is one of the worst defensive teams in the league (perhaps the worst). If you want to pin that on one player, go for it brah.
It pretty much seems like some people are just parroting what they've heard other's say about Jimmer's defense. Once something like this gets going, it snowballs kind of like the "attitude" issues with Cousins. Pretty soon you end up with a bunch of people who magnify every single mistake that particular player makes and refuse to acknowledge anything good they do. I suspect it's amplified even further in Jimmer's case. He's got a couple of things working against him. He's a wholesome white guy and he had a ton of hype coming out of college. Those are surefire ingredients for a sizable backlash.

It pretty much seems like some people are just parroting what they've heard other's say about Jimmer's defense. Once something like this gets going, it snowballs kind of like the "attitude" issues with Cousins. Pretty soon you end up with a bunch of people who magnify every single mistake that particular player makes and refuse to acknowledge anything good they do. I suspect it's amplified even further in Jimmer's case. He's got a couple of things working against him. He's a wholesome white guy and he had a ton of hype coming out of college. Those are surefire ingredients for a sizable backlash.
As I've said before, people hear something enough, and they just repeat it so that they will sound knowledgeable. It's a sheep mentality, and some of the posters here reinforce their delusions by subscribing only to the subjective group-think that happens here.

Now, while the circle-jerk of subjectivity and bias happens here - meanwhile in reality - most of the country sees that the issues with this team are coaching and selfishness. But sure, if you only read this forum and the posts that are made by the very very small number of people who use this forum, you'd think that all of our problems came from Jimmer, "small ball" lineups, and the fact that Reke, Thornton, and DMC don't take every single shot on the team and play every single second of the game. But hey, people are entitled to their own opinions, and it certainly provides some good comedy! Until then, speak your mind and just laugh/ignore the people who can do no more than personally insult you and make threats about being "banned." (Oh horrors!)

Yeah his D was actually pretty good tonight. He kind of single handedly brought us back in the fourth. If that's a taste of what's to come in the future, I think he'll be just fine in this league.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

http://www.82games.com/1112/11SAC2.HTM

Fredette, Jimmer
Opponent per 48 average at PG: 20.3pts 10.6ast 5.9reb 20.4PER (Jimmer 10.1PER)
Opponent per 48 average at SG: 26.7pts 7.5ast 7.1reb 20.4PER (Jimmer 6.4PER)

Defense, Pts per 100 Possession w/Jimmer ON Court: 115.2
Defense, Pts per 100 Possession w/Jimmer OFF Court: 105.2
Difference +10.0pts/100 possession (one of the biggest numbers I have seen -- last year Landry was only a +3.2)

Compare that to Reke:
Defense, Pts per 100 Possession w/Reke ON Court: 108.8
Defense, Pts per 100 Possession w/Reke OFF Court: 113.6
Difference -4.8pts/100 possession*

*the Kings likely average a little more than 100 possession a game. We average about 80 FGA, 15 turnovers, so 95 + however many times we draw fouls. Point being that thus far this season if you started and played Tyreke 48 minute one game, and started and played Jimmer in place of him the next game, the numbers say you could basically expect to give up 15 more points in that second game.

There has been NOTHING mythological about Jimmer's defensive struggles. Doesn't have anything to do with his game tonight, where he played well.

Last edited:

Fredette, Jimmer

Difference +10.0pts/100 possession (one of the biggest numbers I have seen -- last year Landry was only a +3.2)

Compare that to Reke:

*the Kings likely average a little more than 100 possession a game. We average about 80 FGA, 15 turnovers, so 95 + however many times we draw fouls. Point being that thus far this season if you started and played Tyreke 48 minute one game, and started and played Jimmer in place of him the next game, the numbers say you could basically expect to give up 15 more points in that second game.

There has been NOTHING mythological about Jimmer's defensive struggles. Doesn't have anything to do with his game tonight, where he played well.
And this doesn't take into account that Evans plays with the Starters mostly and Jimmer the reserves.

And this doesn't take into account that Evans plays with the Starters mostly and Jimmer the reserves.
Except for the 6 games Jimmer has started, but point taken. Last night Jimmer was also matched up against Barea and Ridnour, not exactly offensive powerhouses, but the steals and scrambling were something I'd like to see more of.

In my mind, I would like to see a harder, more physical edge to Jimmer's defense. Danny Ainge, another BYU alum, flirted with the moniker of dirty player throughout his career because when he fouled you, you felt it, often for several days after the foul. Same thing with Stockton, Payton, Starks, etc. Those little elbows fit right in the gut of a big player.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Sarcasm is a type of humor. It's not tantamount to "trolling". You over sensitive types need to stop regarding every little thing that annoys you as trolling. I've done no spamming that I'm aware of but if you feel I have, I'd advise that you report it to the mods and let them handle it as they see fit rather than creating a futile reply to me. I do not care what you think nor will i make any attempts to change anything to please you. If I'm so bad, then it's pretty strange that I've never gotten any warnings or infractions. Maybe that's because I'm actually not violating rules or charter and you (as well as a few others) just need to stop sniveling about everything i say.
Check our FAQs. One of the premiere rules is "Don't be a jerk." You have violated that rule more than once.

Just sayin'...

Check our FAQs. One of the premiere rules is "Don't be a jerk." You have violated that rule more than once.

Just sayin'...
As a general rule, I am only a jerk to those who are a jerk to me first. I'm not perfect, I probably slip up here and there but for the most part, I treat people as they treat me. I really try and live by that rule.

Fredette, Jimmer

Compare that to Reke:

Comparing Jimmer's defense to the Kings best defender doesn't prove much. I know Jimmer isn't a good defender, I'm not denying that. My point is just that it's being blown out of proportion. People are acting like he's the worst defender of all time and that he should never set foot on an NBA court or something. I'm just saying, a little perspective is needed here, especially considering he's a rookie who was never asked to play defense in college. It's also worth considering that he's hardly the only poor defender on the team and he's not at all the reason why the team defense as a whole sucks. He doesn't even play that much, so he's usually not even on the court when the other team is using the Kings to practice their layups.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
so have a few mods. jsut sayin'...
I'm not denying that at all. Mods are human, too, contrary to what some might want to believe.

ROTD said he wasn't violating any rules; I just pointed out that he - and arguably just about anyone else with more than 100 posts or so has undoubtedly broken at least one cardinal rule.

As a general rule, I am only a jerk to those who are a jerk to me first. I'm not perfect, I probably slip up here and there but for the most part, I treat people as they treat me. I really try and live by that rule.
Actually, since I deal with the public and have for many, many years (yes, I'm old), I find what works best is to treat people as I would like them to treat me. If they are hopeless, I either avoid/ignore them or try to remain within the bounds of civility. Yes, I screw up at times, because I am only human. Good to apologize then, which I've had to do in here, more than once and usually without prompting. I know when I've stepped over the edge.

I find that on the internet , it's easy to mistake the meaning of someones written words, because there's no facial expressions, no body posture, no voice inflections or tones. It's why sarcasm is really hard to get across on the internet sometimes.

But that's just MHO. Not trying to criticize you, OK?

Last edited:

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I'm not denying that at all. Mods are human, too, contrary to what some might want to believe.

ROTD said he wasn't violating any rules; I just pointed out that he - and arguably just about anyone else with more than 100 posts or so has undoubtedly broken at least one cardinal rule.
Two wrongs don't make a right. Some of the mods have been here 12 years and have earned a little leeway whether anyone thinks they deserve it or not. Dealing with the jerks of the world is not fun. Bottom line for me is that it isn't the mods that are creating a mess. If some one screws up, apologize. If a person simply loses there temper which we all do, stop with the defensive retorts. Try to be mature. Tough task for some.

Now let's see who thinks I am attacking them.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Two wrongs don't make a right. Some of the mods have been here 12 years and have earned a little leeway whether anyone thinks they deserve it or not. Dealing with the jerks of the world is not fun. Bottom line for me is that it isn't the mods that are creating a mess. If some one screws up, apologize. If a person simply loses there temper which we all do, stop with the defensive retorts. Try to be mature. Tough task for some.

Now let's see who thinks I am attacking them.
What I wish, is that there was more respect for the MOD's in general. It's human nature to get along with some personalities better than others, and here I'm sure many members have different feelings regarding different MOD's. What I don't like seeing is some posters constantly degrading the MOD's as a whole and grouping them together. Same thing towards others posters, some get along more than others, but I hate seeing some posters constantly grouping the entire forum together as they do the MOD's, and it's usually the same posters doing both.

I'd assume the MOD's aren't getting paid for this, and are volunteering their time. It's a thankless job. They're constantly grouped together and told how poor of a job they're doing, how unfair they are towards some and how hypocritical they are. How about at least once in a while showing some appreciation for all they do? I doubt they enjoy having to read every post of every thread, but they do it to help keep this place running.

A few seem to think they're the only ones getting warned or infracted. I've received nine infractions during my time here, probably at least one from each MOD. Some I deserved more than others, imo, but realize they're doing it for the betterment of the community. No hard feelings, no holding grudges or calling them out passive-aggressively, or acting as if because one MOD infracted me that they all have it out for me.

Too much me, me, me in this world sometimes.

Last edited:

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
What I wish, is that there was more respect for the MOD's in general. It's human nature to get along with some personalities better than others, and here I'm sure many members have different feelings regarding different MOD's. What I don't like seeing is some posters constantly degrading the MOD's as a whole and grouping them together. Same thing towards others posters, some get along more than others, but I hate seeing some posters constantly grouping the entire forum together as they do the MOD's, and it's usually the same posters doing both.

I'd assume the MOD's aren't getting paid for this, and are volunteering their time. It's a thankless job. They're constantly grouped together and told how poor of a job they're doing, how unfair they are towards some and how hypocritical they are. How about at least once in a while showing some appreciation for all they do? I doubt they enjoy having to read every post of every thread, but they do it to help keep this place running.

A few seem to think they're the only ones getting warned or infracted. I've received nine infractions during my time here, probably at least one from each MOD. Some I deserved more than others, imo, but realize they're doing it for the betterment of the community. No hard feelings, no holding grudges or calling them out passive-aggressively, or acting as if because one MOD infracted me that they all have it out for me.

Amen. Especially with your last sentence.Part of the problem is that youth its wasted on the young, but society as a whole seems to lack patience and perspective...

It's awfully high here on my soapbox...I think I'll get off now.

Actually, since I deal with the public and have for many, many years (yes, I'm old), I find what works best is to treat people as I would like them to treat me. If they are hopeless, I either avoid/ignore them or try to remain within the bounds of civility. Yes, I screw up at times, because I am only human. Good to apologize then, which I've had to do in here, more than once and usually without prompting. I know when I've stepped over the edge.

I find the on the internet , it's easy to mistake someones written word, because there's no facial expressions, no body posture, no voice inflections of tones. It's why sarcasm is really hard to get across sometimes.

But that's just MHO. Not trying to criticize you, OK?
That was a good bit there - thanks.

Hear, hear. I sure wouldn't want the job. I'm too sensitive, and would get upset too easily. I have plenty of grief in my life already. :(