Kings @ Wizards Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
And the road trip continues. Secound game in a 4/5 game series. Kings are 1:1 on a trip with a realistic possibility to get a split and go home happy. Once at home with some practices we will get some rythm and play better and win more.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great win last night. It was not pretty but it was pretty close and pretty exciting and pretty emotional. With all that is going on - win is all one can hope for. I hope that the emotions have settled down a bit and we all can move on whereever it is that we are going in this "transition phase" that we are in.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
While we did not play great there were things that are encouraging. Our defense was better than the offense, we held an opponent under 100 pts. We MADE them shoot under 50 %. We were only -1 on the glass, we had offensive rebounds and second chance points. We attacked, we had 6 players in double digits , we had 7 guys with 4+ rebounds, we played 9 guys and we won on the road. Even our assists (22) were only 3 below the average.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 3 new player have shown the potential but we need to see them play some more before drawing any conclusions. They way I see it - none of them can get close to Webber but a 3 on 3 deal - we did not do as bad as it looked on Wednesday night.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wizards are playing well and we will have a hard time tonight considering that Pedja will sit out yet another game (hopefully the last one). All we can ask for is the effort we saw in Dallas and last night. For us to win - we need our guards to play the whole game and not only a part of it. We will not survive tonight if Mike and Mobley combine for 12-34.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike - well he has to hit more shots. Even last night after 2-12 I knew that they will start falling eventually. Tonight they have to fall earlier. It was emotional for him last night. Tonight he can go back to "assasin" mode.
Brad - needs to be more aggressive. Needs to shoot more
Mobley - regardles of his late heroics - his "too aggressive to struggle" attitude could cost us dearly. Also his turnovers are killing us.
Corliss - if he plays like last night minus dumb fouls on a 3pts attempt - I will take it.
Darius - he might get another start. Needs to be back to Darius
Thomas - we need more of that please
House - can You do it again please
Skinner - there is finally a tall guy in Kings uniform that can jump.
Evans - more control needed
Tag - getting close to "Mateen role"
Martin - same here
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
R Adelman does strange things sometimes. He stuck with Mobley last night and it worked out. While that is nice in the regular season - I do not like to see it in PO. He did a great job last night BTW. He showed talent for subbing players that I have not seen it since 2003.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wizards - well they are good but I do not see a career high tonight. I am little worried about Jamisond offensive rebounding.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
GO RAPTORS !!! - (LA)
GO JAZZ !!!!!!! - (Rocketts)
GO BUCKS !!!!!!!!! - (Sonics)
GO CELTICS !!!!!!!!!! - (Suns)
GO BLAZERS !!!!!!!!! - (Wolves)

Last edited:
I agree, I think Bibby's game will be back tonight and I also see the more we play Thomas, Skinner the less people will try drive to the hoop like is was free food there. We have some shot blockers that should keep scoring down to the 90's (I hope). House is now finding his range and his D is a lot better than Bibby's so I look for the Kings to pick their game up.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
piksi said:
GO RAPTORS !!!
GO JAZZ !!!!!!!
GO BUCKS !!!!!!!!!
GO CELTICS !!!!!!!!!!
GO BLAZERS !!!!!!!!!
Good job, piksi. BTW - when you put in your cheers at the bottom of your post, would you put who they are playing (like GO RAPTORS VS whomever). Then I don't have to run and check the schedule each time. I admit....I am very lazy.:p

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
gman23 said:
I agree, I think Bibby's game will be back tonight and I also see the more we play Thomas, Skinner the less people will try drive to the hoop like is was free food there. We have some shot blockers that should keep scoring down to the 90's (I hope). House is now finding his range and his D is a lot better than Bibby's so I look for the Kings to pick their game up.
ROFLMAO!!

piksi

Hall of Famer
6th said:
Good job, piksi. BTW - when you put in your cheers at the bottom of your post, would you put who they are playing (like GO RAPTORS VS whomever). Then I don't have to run and check the schedule each time. I admit....I am very lazy.:p
fixed

Wizards' a good home team. I remember they played Kings tough at Arco. I expect this to be a good game. I see Kings being down by a few at times. But I believe they'll hang tough and get the victory. :)

Heard that Hughes is activated. Think he'll be playing tonight??

I expect our backcourt (Bibby & Mobley) do shoot better. They need to (probably for the whole season).

GOO KINGS!!!!!!!

oh man! i hope hughes doesn't play! and i think kwame was activated too. i hope they don't play. hughes has been playing well this season. could've been an allstar if he wasn't injured. and kwame, i just remember him destroying us last year when we played them @ MCI.

well NBA scoreboard wise...this has the potential of being an awesome night...

i really expect to see both Cat and Mike back to their normal selves...i mean im sure you don't have to tell them they had a stinky offensive night last night...i mean during halftime i said to myself "the same thing happened in the last game against the Wolves and they both got out of the funk after the half...but it did take a heckler to loosen Mike up a bit" i then prayed for a total jerk to be behind the Kings bench telling Mike how much he blows...lol...for tonight its gonna be another battle of former Arizona guards...should be interesting to see who wins...Arenas has been ballin this year....

Brad really needs to STOP being so damn hesistant...i mean this unselfish thing MUST stem from sometime before he got to the pros...with him its like he misses one shot says "okaaay" then he misses his second shot and he's like "ugh im not shooting anymore"...ive noticed when he's SUPER hesistant to shoot (like last night) he misses the shot and misses it badly...Brad you're money baby...shoot the damn ball!!

and for the rest of the guys "do you" and we should be golden

Ive always said that the Wizards reminded me of a Eastern Conference Kings...can't wait for the game should be entertaining...10 mins

GO KINGS!!

OptimusRhyme said:
Does anyone know of any sites that broadcast the game with a radio station? other then NBA.com?
I got this from VF's PBP thread:

In addition, there is radio broadcast feed available from www.thegamelive.comIt generally DOESN'T carry the Kings announcers but if you can handle listing to the other team broadcast you may find it better than nothing.
Hope they have the Wizard station there for ya. ;)

iheartBrad said:
i mean during halftime i said to myself "the same thing happened in the last game against the Wolves and they both got out of the funk after the half...
I also thought of the Wolves game too at halftime! ;)

iheartBrad said:
Brad really needs to STOP being so damn hesistant...i mean this unselfish thing MUST stem from sometime before he got to the pros...with him its like he misses one shot says "okaaay" then he misses his second shot and he's like "ugh im not shooting anymore"...ive noticed when he's SUPER hesistant to shoot (like last night) he misses the shot and misses it badly...Brad you're money baby...shoot the damn ball!!
I totally agree with this! I guess we need to go back to having "For the love of God, Brad...shoot the ball!" in our signature! :rolleyes:

funsc said:
hope Martin get some mins tonight.

Go Bibby!
Martin has been moved further aside now... i really dont think he will get any minutes with the addition of Skinner, Williamson and Thomas , and the recent good play from Mo Evans and Eddie House.

Last night was insane, but thats because C-Webbs against Kings. Tonight should be less, and because some people will be watching thet oscars (speaking of oscars, I made a thread in the General forum about a b-ball movie, check it out)

Predictions for Tonigh: 114-108 Kings
Thomas and Corliss BIG Nights, Mobley and Brad Stepping Up, Bibby having an off game and gets 12 assists. We should maybe do a game/score predictions thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.