Kings @ Warriors Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Kings need 10-7 to get the 6 seed. That will require at least 3 road victories which will be hard to come. Our best chance is in the next 2 games eventhough it will be much harder than it looks like. Both opponents (GS and LAC) will not get to the PO but they are better than their records have to show for.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Houston is pretty much passed us and we will have a very hard time holding them of. In fact, Dallas will have hard time holding them of too - and very soon.
Always good to see LA and Wolves losing. They will help us clinch the PO spot soon I hope. Every time when I think of the fact that we are not as good as we were anymore - I think that it could be much, much worse if we were like Lakers or Minnesota. They played WCF last season and will not play past April 20th or so this season. We are still there. It is hard to be consistant over the years and we are for 7 seasons now.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
As most of You know i am not a RA fan but he is very close to 700 and that deserves respect (coaching stuff included except the trainers). He has been amazing lately working under all this changes and problems still producing victories. While I certainly disagree about his way of coaching during a game including splitting minutes, taking a "hot' player out, keeping a "cold" player in, questionable time out calling, him always adjusting to the opponent etc - there is an admirable "quality" that might not always be smart choice but it certainly shows character. He sticks with his guys no matter what. We lost games because of that but as a player You certainly have to like it. Winning 50 games over and over and over again will not get You COY award only if You coach Kings - but on the other hand we know what happens to a kings player who receives a praise or an award. It is followed by an injury or a major slump. Let's keep it low profile ;)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last game was easier to watch because Kings played well except the turnover part and the fact that our guards can not defend anyone. Orlando might be called an "easy" opponent but just look the teams we lost against this season. Every win is good and important and it is compleately irrelevant who we beat and how we beat them as long as we do.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
It will be a tough game tonight. Warriors caused us problems this year and that was before they got BD. Honestly, I am very worried about the ability of our guards to guard theirs. GS is very capable of playing well enough to beat us. In fact with Bobby and brad being out - I am not even sure that we are the more talented team. saying that - You have to consider that GS is very capable to find the way to lose games. If we help them do that - we will be fine. Expect the high scoring game and be ready for another vintage Bibby performance. Something along the lines of "Kings down one with 8 seconds to go, inbound pass to Bibby.... :eek: :D .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bibby - I hope he remembers the last game where he had to guard BD. Did not go well. Do not expect much to change. Hope he is healthy enough to carry his role of the field general.
Mobley - does not look too healthy either. Did decide to share the ball more in the last game. Needs to keep that up.
Pedja - can and needs to do more and more often.
Skinner - You can see in his face how much he loves playing for the Kings. Nice to be trusted somwhere. He will not be the one that we can run the offense trough (at least untill he goes trough "Yoda101" class) but he will give everything he has and every time too. Keeper.
Thomas- should start not because Darius is not playing well but because he is more athletic and we can never have too much ogf that. Will have a tripple double before the season is over.
Darius - is solid but somewhat inconsistant. He is a very good bench player.
Williamson - inconsistant at the moment.
Evans - why can't he play more ?
House - would be nice if RA could rest Mike more. Eddy needs to "make" him do it.
Tag - soon he will need 2 chairs to sit on during the game.
Martin - all these changes hurt him the most. Needs to hang in there.
Daniels - DNP -CD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
RA - needs to try to rest players more. Also would be nice to get that 700 as soon as possible.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
GS - well Cabarkapa will not get his career numbers against us but players like Pietrus might. Skinner will block JR at least once. JR will still manage to make some poster material
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is a TNT game. You know the drill. They are not really worthy of spending much time talking about them :mad:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go Heat !!!!!!! (lakers)
Go Blazers !!!!! (mavs)

Last edited:

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Wow! You are starting this thread earlier and earlier (much like I do the birthday threads). :p

I think this is definitely a winnable game. We beat them on the road last time and CWebb, Cat, and Peja were all DNP because of injuries. I am counting on Skinner and Thomas to have big games. Bibby will have another double double (his 4th in a row, I think).

A

AriesMar27

we're on tnt... why is that we have so many tnt games.... we never win when we are on tnt... i cant remember the last time that this team won a game on tnt..... sigh....

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
AriesMar27 said:
we're on tnt... why is that we have so many tnt games.... we never win when we are on tnt... i cant remember the last time that this team won a game on tnt..... sigh....
It was a home game on Jan 20th against Cleveland. In fact, that is the ONLY TNT win this year.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
We are 1-5 on TNT games this year. The good news is: this is the LAST TNT game scheduled for us this year. Well, actually, I don't know about the playoff schedule.

A

AriesMar27

6th said:
It was a home game on Jan 20th against Cleveland. In fact, that is the ONLY TNT win this year.
oh.. yeah....

isnt adelman already past 700 wins? wait checking.......

yep he is... 702-432 in 15 years.... not bad.

I must say piksi Im loving the game thread getting started the night before...it is one of my favorite (regular) threads that are posted here on kf.com

That shot at GO = OUCH!

Gosh well its on TNT...but the TNT studios will be done in that MIA broadcasting due to the SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO OVER-HYPED Lakers/Heat game...so you are right piksi not a whole of lot of talking about our game...

Don't tell any Warriors fans i said this...but I really scared of this team tomorrow...just because they have that 3 guard rotation of JRich/Derek/BD who can just light you up from the tip...thats pretty much the only thing im worried about...so our perimeter defense has got to be right on point...thats definetly gonna be tough...HOPEFULLY though the big 3 will bring out the kind of effort that they had during the Rockets game the other day ya know when the three of them were a combined 5/6846546544...Both Pietrus and that Zarko kid have been coming on strong as of late ESPECIALLY after that Rockets game where they were pretty much the only people who scored all game long (with splashes of Troy Murphy every now and again)

We need to take advantage of these next 2 road games considering just like piksi has said the other road games are going to be much harder to get a win at...also we play at The Arena in Oakland which as we all know is pretty much like ARCO2...must take advantage of that tid bit...and anyone who happens to be going needs to BRING ON DA NOISE

Peja, I hope you are ready to go again cuz we're gonna need you for sure...and everyone else has GOT to bring their maximum effort on both ends of the floor

GO KINGS!!

6th said:
We are 1-5 on TNT games this year. The good news is: this is the LAST TNT game scheduled for us this year. Well, actually, I don't know about the playoff schedule.
Yeah, 5 opportunities this season for Barkley to dump on the Kings. I hope we can end our TNT run on a good note.

Baron Davis is going to **** on Bibby. I am really really scared. I'm also scared that Bibby's arms and legs are going to fall of halfway through the third

alright the game's on TNT. well i could have just tuned into the warriors station, but i can't stand their announcers, so i guess .... i'm guessing harlan and collins is better then the lameos on FSN bay area.

i was gonna go to the game, but i'm low on funds, and i don't really want to be out on st patricks day with all the drinking that will be going on ( i live in the BAD part of town) so i'll be tuning in, doing the game thread, but going back and forth between survivor :D ( i'm addicted to that show and bobby jon is HOT!!!!!!!!!! double :D)

GO KINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/preview_031705.html

Despite losing their last game, the Warriors have been very competitive in nearly every game over the past month and a half. Since February 1, Golden State has had the lead or been within three points of the lead in the last minute in 16 of 20 games. One reason has been the Warriors success from beyond the arc, especially in the last two games. One game after setting a franchise-record with 18 three-pointers at Atlanta on Saturday, the Warriors returned home and connected on 14-of-33 attempts (.424 3FG%) from long range Tuesday vs. Houston. The 32 combined three-pointers is the second highest total in back-to-back games in NBA history -- trailing only the 34 made by Dallas in 1996.

The Warriors rotation has also been modified over the past month with the trading deadline and the emergence of rookie Andris Biedrins. In the Warriors last game, the bench production was led by Zarko Cabarkapa, who recorded his first career double-double with career-highs in points (26) and rebounds (10) in a career-high 32 minutes played. ”Z” also connected on 5-of-7 three-point attempts, marking the first time in his career that he had made more than one three-pointer in a game. Mickael Pietrus also pitched in 21 points in 26 minutes off the bench, including a career-high four three-pointers in eight attempts, one of which resulted in a four-point play. Golden State's bench has also featured Andris Biedrins lately. The 6'11" center from Latvia has appeared in each of the last seven games after appearing in just five of the first 57 team games during his rookie campaign.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
With Baron on board G.S. is all kinds of unpredictable now -- both Baron and Richardson have more or less singlehandedly beat us earlier this season, and now they are on the same team. :eek: Super-streaky players, so could make it very easy or very hard depending on the alignment of the stars. Have to believe this is one of those "must have" games for us though if we're going to maintain our playoff position. On paper at least, looks like one of the easiest of our remaining opponents.

Kind of amazing to be concerned with a GS game, but I'm glad to see they're getting it together. Their big advertising push over the past few years is that they had really inexpensive tix -- like "we don't win, but it's cheap!"

Our main problem against the Warriors has been rebounding and I think we should be okay in this category. If Peja steps up(that's a big if) we should be fine and get the W.

Evenstar said:
so i'll be tuning in, doing the game thread, but going back and forth between survivor :D ( i'm addicted to that show and bobby jon is HOT!!!!!!!!!! double :D)
They did Survivor last night. So they're not going to do it tonight. I think cause of March Madness. Next week, it'll also be on Wednesday. But they are doing The Apprentice tonight though.
And the game will not be on FSN Bay. Sunday's game, I think will be.;)

Every road game is tough. As long as Kings make their shots, limit their TOs, rebound and play D...things that make you win. They'll do well.

GO KINGS!!!

Twix said:
They did Survivor last night. So they're not going to do it tonight. I think cause of March Madness. Next week, it'll also be on Wednesday. But they are doing The Apprentice tonight though.

Every road game is tough. As long as Kings make their shots, limit their TOs, rebound and play D...things that make you win. They'll do well.

GO KINGS!!!
The Apprentice is not new tonight. It's actually like a "best of" clip.

Twix said:

GO KINGS!!!
Whaaaaaaat? Survivor was on last night? I missed it! OMG, I'm upset. The only thing that will make me happy is a kings win so...
Goooo Kings!

Status
Not open for further replies.