[Game] Kings vs Warriors 1/5 7PT/10ET

Laugh all you want, it's true, has been true, and will always be true. Seat of your pants moment to moment coaching is a fickle thing and hard to pull off consistently. Again, there are ways to maximize your rest in a 9 man rotation. Plenty of ways. This year it's either too much or not enough.

We used to question adelman’s defensive sets often. He was brilliant on offense though.
Oh, there were plenty of things I used to ride Adelman about myself but he knew where his bread was buttered. That complete system reversal he pulled when he was handed a team of Bonzi and Artest was masterful. I'm all for Joerger exploring what he's got but at a certain point maybe just go with what works?

Lol...Hield played 19 of 24 minutes in the 2nd half. Played the whole 3rd and was tired as hell when he came out between quarters. Guys acting like Buddy can play all 24 minutes in the half. It’s not a video game guys.
I agree overall except for the one sequence that killed me...Joerger didnt look good coming out of the timeout at 105-105 without Buddy only for the guy in for him to blow the possession and then see the Kings fall behind three...then Buddy gets off the bench about 20 seconds after he should’ve. I know he’s trying to steal a minute but I’d rather him try to steal a game. Probably wouldn’t have made a difference since the Kings couldn’t get Buddy the ball in the 4th anyway

I'm really happy about JJ's career night. He stepped up big time on both ends, more so on offense. Felt like he just couldn't miss out there with all the confidence in the world. I hope he can continue this type of play into our future games. Doesn't have to be 28pts, but good 3pt shooting and defense would do
JJ played really, let’s hope he can build on it.

Should we just go after Durant? He seems to like the Kings. would that be kosher? it would feel a bit wierd but maybe we would get used to it. it would definitely make us a serious contender.

I agree but Joerger didnt look good coming out of the timeout at 105-105 without Buddy only for the guy in for him to blow the possession and then see the Kings fall behind three...then Buddy gets off the bench about 29 seconds after he should’ve. I know he’s trying to steal a minute but I’d rather him try to steal a game. Probably wouldn’t have made a difference since the Kings couldn’t get Buddy the ball anyway
And you never steal minutes in the heat of the final quarter like that. At 8-9 minutes left you better have your big guns out there. At the end the other play call that was questionable was having Buddy walk the ball up. I went back and looked at it, the Kings should have been called for an 8 second violation doing that on one play. They had 14 seconds to run a set and if they aren't running pick and roll that's not going to work since they have no legit inside iso scorer on the squad with Bagley out. Buddy bringing the ball up puts your team in a weaker position because he should be on the other end waiting to get a look. In the end they were also high post Willied into a loss. One interesting thing we did see tonight that we should see more of and is very Warriors like was them running 2/3 pick and roll with Buddy and Fox or Bogdan.

I agree overall except for the one sequence that killed me...Joerger didnt look good coming out of the timeout at 105-105 without Buddy only for the guy in for him to blow the possession and then see the Kings fall behind three...then Buddy gets off the bench about 20 seconds after he should’ve. I know he’s trying to steal a minute but I’d rather him try to steal a game. Probably wouldn’t have made a difference since the Kings couldn’t get Buddy the ball in the 4th anyway
It’s the coaches job to run plays to get Buddy the ball. But you can’t run Buddy off screens with 1 big.

Giles +5 tonight and played only 11 minutes but you take him out for Ben who was -6 in 11 minutes? Can anyone defending Dave provide a rational explanation???

It’s the coaches job to run plays to get Buddy the ball. But you can’t run Buddy off screens with 1 big.

Giles +5 tonight and played only 11 minutes but you take him out for Ben who was -6 in 11 minutes? Can anyone defending Dave provide a rational explanation???
Maybe try not using irrelevant stats that mean nothing to prove your point. Then maybe someone can respond to an argument

Maybe try not using irrelevant stats that mean nothing to prove your point. Then maybe someone can respond to an argument
Not irrelevant when we were up prior to going the small ball line-up then loosing the lead. At least I use stats and not just my opinion. Perhaps you should try it.

Maybe we are all a little impatient with Justin Jackson's development and tonight gave us a small glimpse of what he's capable of doing in the near future
All I want from JJ is 35-40% from 3, good defense, and all the little things as a savvy vet once he gets more experience. Everything else is gravy. Tonight there was a lot of gravy. That draft is looking unbelievable.

I was pretty upset after the blazers game cuz I felt that was a game we should have won and we blew it. I felt the nuggets and warriors were scheduled losses and was happy to keep it close and a little upset we couldn't pull it off. But if we play the way we did tonight or even the night against the nuggets, I think we have a very good chance of beating inferior teams and get a wining streak going. 7/8 or even 8 game win streak is possible if we play up to our potential.

Down the stretch, Kings' execution is terrible. They ended up forcing shots. Seriously, after a time out? And multiple times? I feel like the coaching is not doing their job to help this team play better under pressure. They tend to fold or did terrible at the very end when games are tight and all tied up. If you execute and still not able to get open look, the ball should go back to De'Aaron Fox and let him go at it one on one....he's about the ONLY guy that can get open look any time with his speed.

And i am not just talking about tonight's game. They been losing a lot of close games lately because of bad execution down the stretch. Not able to close out....under pressure, not playing smart....whatever it maybe, the coaches need to help this young team mentally.

We had 34 assists and only 8 turnovers. That's fantastic versus any team let alone the W's.

We have now had 3 games versus the defending champs we could (should?) have won.
Once we get Marvin back and face some lighter competition and hopefully string together a win streak, this losing streak won't sting so bad.

Not irrelevant when we were up prior to going the small ball line-up then loosing the lead. At least I use stats and not just my opinion. Perhaps you should try it.
Be real, you know how I post on this board. I bring statistics to just about every opinion I have and have done so since I started posting here. I got into with everyone during the IT era because the numbers he was putting up backed up my assertion that he was an elite offensive NBA player while everyone thought he was just a 6th man.

Basic +/- isn't a great stat in itself over a larger sample of games, but individual +/- is worthless. There's no statistical impact or anything you can gleam from it. It's too noisy. A basic understanding of basic NBA stats will tell you this. And then you try and compare 2 players who aren't playing the same position? How does that make sense?

We didn't lose this game because Giles didn't play enough minutes. We lost this game again to the most talented and battle-tested team in the NBA in crunch time that knows how to close games. The big takeaway I've gotten from this season is the core is certainly talented enough to be a playoff team year and and year out, but we don't have the experience as a unit to win games we should win. There's probably at least 5 or 6 games this season where if we don't crumble in the last 4 minutes of the game and play how we did the previous 44, we win the game.

The offense in the last 3 minutes was devolved into hero ISO ball or making dumb mistakes. Buddy passing up the shot to kick it to Bogdan with 3 seconds left with Draymond or KD (forget who) draped all over him. Bogdan trying to post up Draymond and beat him 1on1(have no idea why we kept trying to attack him), Fox with the unforced turnover in a possession we absolutely needed to have, Bogdan trying to recreate his game-winner against the Lakers 3.

The Warriors don't allow you to play for 44 minutes and coast to the win. You have to play the full 48 to beat them.

We'll be alright.
Kings have had the 4th toughest schedule in the league so far. It gets a whole lot easier from here on out.
I heard or read that it was the 2nd toughest schedule not long ago. Did it get better by playing the Nuggets and the Warriors? :p
But I do agree with you. All the frustration that's being posted is because of expectations. Most of us not named Hammer started the season predicting 25-30 wins (if we were feeling bold). Now some of the posters here are fretting over us not beating the world champs when they're firing on all cylinders. We are close, though. We can give them a run for their money right now. But we need another season or two, and another key player or two, before we can really expect to be a threat to world champions. Fortunately it looks like Giles just might become one of those key players.

We'll be alright.

Kings have had the 4th toughest schedule in the league so far. It gets a whole lot easier from here on out.

Actually you are wrong. The schedule was based on the 2017-18 season W/L results. Not this current season. How do you think they formulate strength of schedule. It’s based on what a teams W/L was the year before.

Number 2: After this 8 game swing. Where the Kings play 7/8 against teams .500 or below.

To think they will win 7 straight. Can’t see it.
They won 5 earlier in the year.
When they faced the worst teams in the NBA in one stretch. Cavs, Wizards, Bulls, Hawks and Magic .

Kings need to take advantage of the next 2
Weeks.
Pull off at least 6 wins.

If not, they can kiss their playoff hopes goodbye. Houston and the Spurs are
Both finding their stride now. They are not giving up their stranglehold for playoff positioning.
21 of their next 35 are against teams above .500.

Sixers: 2x
Celtics 2x
Toronto 1
Milwaukee 1
Dubs 1
Heat 1
Clips 2
Houston 2
Den 2
OKC 1
Port 3
Lakers 1
Spurs 2

Considering the Kings records against teams above .500 5-16.

2 of those with big asterisks. No Lebron against the Lakers and No Oladipo against then Pacers. Teams could easily be. 3-18

Bogdanovic hero ball killed us, as bad as Fox was Bogdanovic just dribbled the air out of the ball and took ridiculously idiotic shots. Everyone else was great. That's like 5 games we could have had if we played smarter basketball.

Bogie needs to go back to being more of a spot up shooter/ball mover the shot attempts he's been taken this season are just point blank trash selfish shot selection. It's like the more he has the ball the lower his IQ becomes.

Last edited:
All The JJ love tonite. I will give him peoples. Great game. More like an Outliar. Previous 4
Games the dude shot 26 percent. Let that sink in. Dubs were letting him feast all night, mostly against Jerebko. Against good or Elite 3s this guy wilts like a wimp.

Fox and Bogie weren’t good tonight. If either had been just ok, the Kings probably win. Especially with a 34/8 assist to turnover ratio. But they got lost on defense far too often and of course didn’t shoot well at all.

Serious question, what the hell happened to the Bogie pick and roll lob to WCS? Seems like that play went bye bye when it was something we used to see a few times most every game.

I really think MB3’s return is going to help out a lot.

JJ I hope he sees that the effort he’s putting in on defense will really pay dividends for him. I see him involved in many plays on defense now when before the last 5 or 6 games he just disappeared in games.

Well the scoring last night was impressive and I don’t expect it every night but would love to get to a point where I do not cringe every time he shoots.

Hey good Game Justin