[Grades] Kings vs. Suns, 12/26/20

Grade the win

• Total voters
Bogdan Bogdanovic (for Atlanta) (F)

Bogi's second game for Atlanta sure was an exercise in frustration. And now that he's gone it's become apparent how much of a drag he was...

If they rattle off nine games or so, or make a modicum of progress this year, I'm attributing it to the lack of Bogdanovic presence. I've already made up my mind.

I did not watch the Atlanta game, so I went to the game thread to read how fans that watched the game rated his contribution. It seems they were quite pleased, despite the terrible shooting. IMO, Holmes is missing badly alley-up passes Bogi regularly provided to him. Hopefully, Hali will do the same, when he learns to play with Mr. Holmes.
I mean they’re 2-0 too. How mad can they be? Sometimes it feels when kings fans have a gripe/grudge, they can’t let it go. It’s not like bogie is James Johnson or Jason terry. Is it so hard to wish him well?

dude12

Hall of Famer
I mean they’re 2-0 too. How mad can they be? Sometimes it feels when kings fans have a gripe/grudge, they can’t let it go. It’s not like bogie is James Johnson or Jason terry. Is it so hard to wish him well?
No, I’m glad he’s gone and quite frankly, could care less how it goes for him. He was to soft to want to be here and make it work.

It may be a blessing that the Kings are not firing on all cylinders with their 3-pt shooting. It forces them to attack inside, which is paying dividends, and to put maximum focus on defense. I've thought many times over the years that when we're raining 3's, it sets us up for failure once the rain stops. Everything else becomes less important when you think the 3's will win you the game. But it's everything else that wins most games. That is often forgotten when the long balls are on target.

It may be a blessing that the Kings are not firing on all cylinders with their 3-pt shooting. It forces them to attack inside, which is paying dividends, and to put maximum focus on defense. I've thought many times over the years that when we're raining 3's, it sets us up for failure once the rain stops. Everything else becomes less important when you think the 3's will win you the game. But it's everything else that wins most games. That is often forgotten when the long balls are on target.
This. It helps everyone buy into a team approach on both ends of the court. Hopefully the benefits are so clear that when the 3s do start falling they don’t lose site of what really wins games.
Great post!

Bogdan Bogdanovic (for Atlanta) (F)

Bogi's second game for Atlanta sure was an exercise in frustration. And now that he's gone it's become apparent how much of a drag he was...

If they rattle off nine games or so, or make a modicum of progress this year, I'm attributing it to the lack of Bogdanovic presence. I've already made up my mind.
He does not seem to be gone, he seems to have taken permanent residence in your head.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wish Bogdanovic well. I hope he has a great season other than when the Hawks play the Kings.

It never made any sense to match unless there was a deal for Buddy on the table. Two slightly above average, 28 year old SGs making $42 million this season was never going to work.

I wish the Kings had gotten something for Bogi but he never gave me any reason not to root for him.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I wish Bogdanovic well. I hope he has a great season other than when the Hawks play the Kings.

It never made any sense to match unless there was a deal for Buddy on the table. Two slightly above average, 28 year old SGs making $42 million this season was never going to work.

I wish the Kings had gotten something for Bogi but he never gave me any reason not to root for him.
Totally agree, and we would have something if the Bucks weren’t idiots and ruined that trade! Divincenzo has been awesome for them as a starter. I’ll take addition by subtraction though, I was never a fan of Bogi.

I think this McNair fellow actually has an eye for talent. I’m excited to see how he continues to piece this team together going forward.