[Game] Kings vs. Pelicans, 11/03/21 7pm Pacific, 10pm Eastern

Can we please give L. King or Metu some of Moe's minutes?
3 points 1/4 FG and 5 reb doesn't make sense to play 32 minutes and start him.
Hope Walton at least tries to get them minutes some time (and Bagley, as I mentioned in another thread). As Woot pointed out, core guys are playing very heavy minutes. At least see what the other guys are giving you for some of Moe's minutes. Hopefully, the upcoming schedule, along with some home cooking, allows for a bit more experimentation.

Noel Harris @NorCalNoel916
Harrison Barnes scored 23 points and had just eight field-goal attempts. Talk about efficiency.
Not to nitpick, but I never really understood why some people refer to scoring more on less field goal attempts as efficiency, when the bulk of free throws are going to come from getting fouled while attempting a shot. Efficiency should be measured by FG% or EFG% or something closer to those stats than just shot attempts. If player X scores 20 points on 10/10 layups, why should he be considered less efficient than player Y who scores 20 points on 1 layup and 18 FTs that he drew attempting 9 layups? Or let's say in this case, if Barnes happened to be 1-8 FG, but took 10 more attempts and got fouled on them leading to 20 free throws, would we still say that was efficient?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Not to nitpick, but I never really understood why some people refer to scoring more on less field goal attempts as efficiency, when the bulk of free throws are going to come from getting fouled while attempting a shot. Efficiency should be measured by FG% or EFG% or something closer to those stats than just shot attempts. If player X scores 20 points on 10/10 layups, why should he be considered less efficient than player Y who scores 20 points on 1 layup and 18 FTs that he drew attempting 9 layups? Or let's say in this case, if Barnes happened to be 1-8 FG, but took 10 more attempts and got fouled on them leading to 20 free throws, would we still say that was efficient?
To be fair, Harrison's TS% has been ridiculous all season too so he's pretty much efficient by all measures.

Can we please give L. King or Metu some of Moe's minutes?
3 points 1/4 FG and 5 reb doesn't make sense to play 32 minutes and start him.
The one time Luke has been consistent with an opening lineup or rotation, and i kinda want him to switch it up as well. Idk, hopefully when we do trade Bagley, we get a mobile big with some length that can actually defend a bit. That may be asking for too much and i don’t know if one exists, but that’s what i want for this team. Holmes can’t be the only “big” out there or the only one that can rebound in the opening lineup IMO

I get what you're saying but Barnes was very efficient today 62% FG and 66% 3 PT. He hit two big (consecutive) 3s today and has been our most consistent player this season.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Considering that Barnes' eFG% for this game was 87.5, and his TS% was 92.7 you picked an interesting time to bring this up.

You're not wrong but way more often than not, Barnes' type of stat line is going to be more efficient than the one with more field goals and less free throws. Usually good free throw shooters won't shoot 20% from the line but they do have plenty of nights where they'll shoot a low percentage from the field.

It's why Harden's TS% is always high, despite his FG percentages looking average.

I gotta take back what i said about Holmes being the only rebounder though. Huge shout out to Harrison Barnes! Also, looks like Haliburton was pretty great tonight? I gotta watch on my DVR