[Game] Kings vs. Pacers, 11/07/21 3pm Pacific 6pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Forward 3 point shooting was poor: 1-10

Interestingly enough King is killing it in the G league. Both King and Metu need some time to develop. As usual this team is completely short term focused. I continue to question if Fox and Mitchell can play together. Fox/Mitchell were minus 5 tonight.
Fox was minus whoever he was with tonight.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Fox was doing this less than a year ago.

Is he still recovering from covid? Did he eat too much popeyes? What is going on this season.. he has maybe about 60% of that lift and explosion he had before.

I kinda feel like adjustments werent made this game. If you want to start moe, fine. But he wasnt hitting his 3s and he can't guard sabonis or turner. So he didnt help on offense or defense. He does fine on smaller PF or when Indy played one of sabonis or turner but when both were on the court, we should have played a bigger PF. Luke adjusts he backup Cs depending on who we're playing, why not PF? Len on bigger Cs, TT on smaller faster Cs. This game we should have at least tried Bagley or Metu when we were going up against Indy's twin towers. If moe was hitting the 3s tonight it might have been a different story but we were getting killed on the boards and i really wish Luke made some type of adjustment.

Pacers are a better team than their record suggests.
”You are what your record says you are."

And the Pacers surely aren’t better than their record suggests w/o Brogdan.

If they were, they’d have been able to do a lot more against a team that shot 37% and were out-rebounded by more than 20.

The fact that the game was up for grabs kinda explains to me why INDY owns the record that they do.

IMO there’s no sugarcoating this loss. It’s a bad loss.

Fox was doing this less than a year ago.

Is he still recovering from covid? Did he eat too much popeyes? What is going on this season.. he has maybe about 60% of that lift and explosion he had before.
He’s WAY thinner there. I really think the added bulk has messed up his game and now it’s becoming mental too.

”You are what your record says you are."

And the Pacers surely aren’t better than their record suggests w/o Brogdan.

If they were, they’d have been able to do a lot more against a team that shot 37% and were out-rebounded by more than 20.

The fact that the game was up for grabs kinda explains to me why INDY owns the record that they do.

IMO there’s no sugarcoating this loss. It’s a bad loss.
In my book, any loss is a bad loss. We aren't tanking/playing for the future. We are desperately trying to get into the POs, and will be in a dogfight with many teams. There are no good losses under these circumstances.

That said, I hear what you are saying. Except for one game where everyone was hitting shots, the team has not shown the ability to beat bad/mediocre teams easily. We saw it against the Pels, even when they were missing some key guys, and again tonight. We have been very focused on improving our defense (rightly), but our offense is really sputtering right now. We need some of that too.

And no, I do believe that Indiana is better than their record, and that will likely show up in their record too soon.

Just when I was ready to start giving Walton some credit, we once again fell apart when it mattered. Our last two sets were (1) a Fox 18 foot jumper down 2 with 26 seconds (there’s a reason why he keeps getting these open looks folks) and (2) a 31-foot 3 heave from Tyrese down 2 with 6 seconds. The Tyrese play has elements of something good with Holmes setting the screen for a clean look but it was so bad otherwise. Screen was at or above the 3 point line which put Hali out in the middle of nowhere which yeah it’s an open shot but *we were only down 2* and had plenty of time to at least try to run a play

This was a must-win game. 5-4 out of a brutal schedule, a gimme of a home game vs a 3-7 team and maybe the least talented team we’ve played so far and we completely crap the bed. Can’t lose games like this and have any hopes of playoffs but sadly it’s been out MO for a long time to be sloppy in these situations and lose lots of them when by talent alone we should be winning this game 90% of the time. Losing to a less talented Carlisle team here is just on the nose

Maybe the work he did in the weight room is somehow affecting him negatively?
Something seems different.
A lot of Kings fans have speculated that Fox’s bulking up has had a negative effect on his game. While I cant rule that out, I think it’s more likely some combination of:
a) covid long term effects
b) an injury that he’s hiding but playing through (like a groin pull)
c) getting beat up by teams who realize most of the fouls on Fox won’t be called

Status
Not open for further replies.