[Game] Kings vs Jazz, Wednesday April 28th, 7 PM Pacific (10 PM Eastern)

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I see where you are coming from but already we’ve seen four years with no real progression outside of year one to year two:
- 27 to 39 and the coach gets fired
- new coach and our win-loss would have been worse these two seasons if extrapolated to 82 games

Maybe a slam dunk in the draft and a good coaching hire will see us turn it around, but it needs to be quick. Next year we arguably need to be gunning for the 8th seed, then the following year we need to be a play off team. I remember saying something similar to Cousins when he signed an extension but we never took those steps. Hopefully it will be different this time...
gunning for the 8th seed is a losing formula. Look at the Suns and Knicks this season and how far they've come in just one offseason with the proper coaching and personnel, it can be done.

He is referring to another poster (troll?) that he’s had a run in with recently that actually believes the team is better without fox. I totally agree with @KingsFanSince85. I quoted him cuz I didn’t want to go back and look for there argument to quote the other guy since this is a recent post, but I can see where it could be confusing now.
Indeed I am. And there were 2 of them spewing nonsense, not just one.

But the main one was trashing Swipa citing the team‘s record w/o him all while lauding Richaun Holmes (and Bjelica) as team MVP even though the KINGS record w/o him is even better.

You can’t make that kind of stuff up.

He is referring to another poster (troll?) that he’s had a run in with recently that actually believes the team is better without fox. I totally agree with @KingsFanSince85. I quoted him cuz I didn’t want to go back and look for there argument to quote the other guy since this is a recent post, but I can see where it could be confusing now.
Never said they were better, I just said Fox is not a superstar nor close to being a top 15 player (maybe a top 15 PG) and the Kings are a 500. team without him the past two seasons (12-12 currently). Obviously I think they would be better if they spent the max contract they gave to him on other more worthy player/players. A lot of poster were also "ridiculous" when they said the same about Cousins than the corpse of Zach Randolph came in and lead a garbage team to a similar record to what Cousins had accomplished during his per 36 prime.

We will see over the next one-three seasons who will be correct hopefully for the Kings Fox is a superstar and leads them to something better than a 9-10 playin spot. I would say moving on from Buddy./Barnes are currently bigger concerns. Aside from Haliburton I'm not impressed by anyone on the team (Holmes on his CURRENT contract is good value).

Last edited:

dude12

Hall of Famer
Never said they were better, I just said Fox is not a superstar nor close to being a top 15 player (maybe a top 15 PG) and the Kings are a 500. team without him the past two seasons (12-12 currently). Obviously I think they would be better if they spent the max contract they gave to him on other more worthy player/players. A lot of poster were also "ridiculous" when they said the same about Cousins than the corpse of Zach Randolph came in and lead a garbage team to a similar record to what Cousins had accomplished during his per 36 prime.

We will see over the next one-three seasons who will be correct hopefully for the Kings Fox is a superstar and leads them to something better than a 9-10 playin spot. I would say moving on from Buddy./Barnes are currently bigger concerns. Aside from Haliburton I'm not impressed by anyone on the team (Holmes on his CURRENT contract is good value).
Great strategy, trade off a guy like Barnes, replace him with a rookie or young player not as good, blame Fox for not being able to win.

gunning for the 8th seed is a losing formula. Look at the Suns and Knicks this season and how far they've come in just one offseason with the proper coaching and personnel, it can be done.
True, but keep in mind that the Suns acquired one of the all time great players in Chris Paul. He joined a highly drafted and talented core of Ayton, Bridges and one of the best scorers in the league Booker. The Suns did look good in the bubble, but the addition of Paul made a huge difference. Is there such a player available for us to acquire?

The Knicks have been a surprise, but at the same time RJ Barrett was highly touted and Randle has always had the borderline all star game, he’s just put it all together this year and boost his three pointers. Plus Thibodeau has got them grinding results in typical fashion. This route is more realistic for us, but do we have the talent capable of becoming a smothering defense?

End of the day I do agree with you that with the right decision we can turn this around and make progress, but it’s going to take some good decision making that has been somewhat lacking in quite some time here.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
True, but keep in mind that the Suns acquired one of the all time great players in Chris Paul. He joined a highly drafted and talented core of Ayton, Bridges and one of the best scorers in the league Booker. The Suns did look good in the bubble, but the addition of Paul made a huge difference. Is there such a player available for us to acquire?

The Knicks have been a surprise, but at the same time RJ Barrett was highly touted and Randle has always had the borderline all star game, he’s just put it all together this year and boost his three pointers. Plus Thibodeau has got them grinding results in typical fashion. This route is more realistic for us, but do we have the talent capable of becoming a smothering defense?

End of the day I do agree with you that with the right decision we can turn this around and make progress, but it’s going to take some good decision making that has been somewhat lacking in quite some time here.
your post has too many "buts" as if getting better in one offseason isn't feasible. Overall, you said it in your post towards the end, it's on management to make good decisions that doesn't hinder the development of the younger players the Kings do want to build around. Priority number one in terms of player trading and acquisition is what to do with Bagley and then that domino will tell us whether Holmes remains a King.