[Game] Kings vs Jazz, Wednesday April 28th, 7 PM Pacific (10 PM Eastern)

That three by Ramsey looked pure. Play him 40 min the rest of the season. Trial by fire.
He's really the only true potential guy on the roster and he's not really that unpolished. There is no reason not to play him. 6 minutes in a game like this. Walton you're a travesty to coaching in all facets. A negative to a franchise whether they're attempting to compete or develop.

Only one Kings player had PLUS +/-. Kings Player of the Game, Ja Ramsey +3,,, All-Star list tonight: Haliburton -42; Wright -38; Davis -35; Harkness -34; Holmes -31

Well some positives ... though he's most likely gone/most want him gone, Buddy again showing that he CAN be a valuable piece so it's not the end of the world if we don't move him. If I were him, I'd spend the offseason working on explosiveness and finishing at the rim; I honestly think that's holding him back now even more than shaky handles. You can get by with shaky handles as long as you're not the primary ballhandler, but finishing at the rim will open things up a lot more for himself and his teammates.

WELCOME TO SACRAMENTO TYRESE!

What is everyone so mad about? It was a scheduled loss. We got a loss for the tank. We got to see the young guys play. Even got to see Ramsey, which we wouldn’t if it was a close game. I figured everyone would be happy.
As a member of the pro-tank crowd, I'm not mad at all. If anything, this just shows how bad Walton is lol. Just look at the style/way their scrubs play vs how our regular rotation plays (even with Fox).

What is everyone so mad about? It was a scheduled loss. We got a loss for the tank. We got to see the young guys play. Even got to see Ramsey, which we wouldn’t if it was a close game. I figured everyone would be happy.
I'm not mad at all. Was laughing my arse off the entire second half! Even the announcers could barely contain themselves with not so subtle jokes watching laughing stock display by Walton's Kings.

What‘s happening tonight?

The KINGS actually threatened to beat Utah a couple weeks ago despite Swipa weighing them down, so I figured they’d be up at least 15-20 since he wasn’t playing tonight. So what gives?
No defense
No defense
Not shooting
Letting them get the ball and run
No defense
I could actually feel what little energy was there, they sucked the life out of us
One word: EMBARRASSING
No coach...... but that’s every night

No defense
No defense
Not shooting
Letting them get the ball and run
No defense
I could actually feel what little energy was there, they sucked the life out of us
One word: EMBARRASSING
No coach...... but that’s every night
All true things.

But yet another is ------ the KINGS aren't a better team w/o De'Aaron Fox. In fact, they are a much worse team.

Time to alert the press.

Oh, and Luke Walton needs to go as soon the 20/21 season strikes midnight.

There should a coach status for a game like "Inactive - GM's decision".
And Luke should be the first to earn it, if Kings will not fire him after this game.

This score is like "Come Utah Jazz? Really? Is there a need for a 154 game night?"

If I was Fox, I’d be questioning that decision to sign the extension and wasting the next four years of his career with this dumpster fire of a team. And I bet Doncic is extremely thankful Vlade passed on him and he didn’t end up here wasting away.

It really is hard to see this team’s direction and how it will improve. Hopefully we can get another piece in the draft to help build something here, but once again we are in the same situation as we was in with Cousins. Once again the clocks ticking and we don’t appear any closer to the play offs and the path there is looking long and winding.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
If I was Fox, I’d be questioning that decision to sign the extension and wasting the next four years of his career with this dumpster fire of a team. And I bet Doncic is extremely thankful Vlade passed on him and he didn’t end up here wasting away.

It really is hard to see this team’s direction and how it will improve. Hopefully we can get another piece in the draft to help build something here, but once again we are in the same situation as we was in with Cousins. Once again the clocks ticking and we don’t appear any closer to the play offs and the path there is looking long and winding.
McNair gets another draft and FA period before I call the Fox era another DMC situation.

Knowing Sacramento? It will be. It probably will be. But I’ll wait just a little longer.

always,,, waiting,,,,

All true things.

But yet another is ------ the KINGS aren't a better team w/o De'Aaron Fox. In fact, they are a much worse team.

Time to alert the press.

Oh, and Luke Walton needs to go as soon the 20/21 season strikes midnight.
I wasn’t really serious when I said those who believe we are better without Fox actually existed and would come out when we would win games without him, but here we are...
1619706296540.gif

McNair gets another draft and FA period before I call the Fox era another DMC situation.

Knowing Sacramento? It will be. It probably will be. But I’ll wait just a little longer.

always,,, waiting,,,,

Im sure we will have an offseason thread soon, but...

It will start with a new coaching staff, preferably prior to the draft.

Then making moves pre/draft FA period to set up the Kings to sign whom they want.

Then drafting the right player/players

Then we need to be able to use the Midlevel on a decent player.

If all that breaks right, we might be a 7/8 seed.

Then we have next years trade deadline to really pull off a deal.

That is the timeline. That is what we need to see.

yeah you might want to re-read that..
He is referring to another poster (troll?) that he’s had a run in with recently that actually believes the team is better without fox. I totally agree with @KingsFanSince85. I quoted him cuz I didn’t want to go back and look for there argument to quote the other guy since this is a recent post, but I can see where it could be confusing now.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Im sure we will have an offseason thread soon, but...

It will start with a new coaching staff, preferably prior to the draft.

Then making moves pre/draft FA period to set up the Kings to sign whom they want.

Then drafting the right player/players

Then we need to be able to use the Midlevel on a decent player.

If all that breaks right, we might be a 7/8 seed.

Then we have next years trade deadline to really pull off a deal.

That is the timeline. That is what we need to see.
That new staff will be exciting. Anything will look good after Luke.

Free agency is always a bust. I don’t care the GM, we’re not getting anyone who matters NOW. Maybe another Rashaun Holmes from the scrap heap, but that’s always a crapshoot. For every Holmes success story, Sac has always had 20 Ramon Sessions.

The draft is where it’s at. Hopefully with pity from the NBA gods we RAISE one last final time and this GM doesn’t pull a Vlade or Shanahan.

gunks

Hall of Famer
That new staff will be exciting. Anything will look good after Luke.

Free agency is always a bust. I don’t care the GM, we’re not getting anyone who matters NOW. Maybe another Rashaun Holmes from the scrap heap, but that’s always a crapshoot. For every Holmes success story, Sac has always had 20 Ramon Sessions.

The draft is where it’s at. Hopefully with pity from the NBA gods we RAISE one last final time and this GM doesn’t pull a Vlade or Shanahan.
We gotta have Vlade represent us at the lotto. He had good ping pong luck.

It’s conditional on McNair being allowed to smack him with a rolled up newspaper if he offers any opinion on players he’d target.

always,,, waiting,,,,
I see where you are coming from but already we’ve seen four years with no real progression outside of year one to year two:
- 27 to 39 and the coach gets fired
- new coach and our win-loss would have been worse these two seasons if extrapolated to 82 games

Maybe a slam dunk in the draft and a good coaching hire will see us turn it around, but it needs to be quick. Next year we arguably need to be gunning for the 8th seed, then the following year we need to be a play off team. I remember saying something similar to Cousins when he signed an extension but we never took those steps. Hopefully it will be different this time...