[Game] Kings vs. Hornets, 11/05/21 7pm Pacific, 10 pm Eastern

Which player would you like to see get minutes in Luke's rotation?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
In the words of VF21...

I LOVE THIS TEAM!
:D She would have loved this one. What a joyful game! I definitely felt some magic, everything was clicking tonight. I like the new "take charge" version of Harrison Barnes. Tyrese owns the sidelines and baselines with his constant deflections. Davion found some of his Baylor swagger out there tonight and Fox remembered that he can get his pullup midrange jumper any time he wants to if he stops worrying about his threes falling and just focuses on what he does best. Buddy of course is second to none when he's hot and from top to bottom the whole team was scrapping out there, running to the bucket, making crisp rotations and outworking some young guns on that Charlotte team who've been having pretty good seasons of their own so far. Oh and of course Richaun Holmes with the grown man's 20-20 game! Really fun to see him developing into a frontcourt star.

Kyle Draper is so weird. Terry Rozier goes for an athletic garbage time slam down 20 and he gets all excited to see it. Why are you being a fanboy over something like that from the other side. Then fans are clearly chanting “we want Bagley” and he acts like they’re calling for metu like what?? Who is this guy?

I don't off work until 10 pm, so I haven't seen the game, but I'm starting to think having four starter quality guards going forward isn't a bad idea. I wanted to see how we could improve the front court by trading a package including Buddy (who's always been a favorite of mine); but now I say "let's just dominate the back court 48 minutes a game". If I was the opponent, I'd be pretty worried seeing Buddy and Davion playing against my backups.
THIS! Fox had the quietest 21 points in 29 minutes I've ever seen as a result. Depth is a beautiful "problem" to have.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Kyle Draper is so weird. Terry Rozier goes for an athletic garbage time slam down 20 and he gets all excited to see it. Why are you being a fanboy over something like that from the other side. Then fans are clearly chanting “we want Bagley” and he acts like they’re calling for metu like what?? Who is this guy?
They were chanting for Metu though?

Were you at the game? I swore the chant was “we want mezie” but I watched on tv and wasn’t too sure. But having Draper and the fans go crazy when metu checked in kinda confirmed it for me. But if you were at the game you might have heard it more clearly.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Were you at the game? I swore the chant was “we want mezie” but I watched on tv and wasn’t too sure. But having Draper and the fans go crazy when metu checked in kinda confirmed it for me. But if you were at the game you might have heard it more clearly.
May have. But I really think crowd would go crazy for Bagley. I thought they were chanting let’s go Brandon lol

I was at the game, I thought people were chanting Buddy Buckets, but I really didn't know why. The crowd cheered when Metu got up to check in and then again when he checked in. What I do know is that we got to cheer all night long thanks to the onslaught. Pretty sweet!

That Hornets team is struggling lately, and PJ just went down against the Warriors. Even still, that is a team that doesnt look like they enjoy playing together at all. It could be the Oubre effect, or maybe end of a losing road trip, but that's my perception from last night.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I'd like to give some props to Rico Hines, who is one of the best player developers in the NBA. He's trained players like Kobe, Shaq, Durant, etc. During the Petrie era it was Coachie in the shadows helping to change the culture of the team. Today, I believe it's Rico putting his imprint on the team and helping to change the culture. I never thought that Buddy would be able to change direction off the dribble while attacking the basket, and yet, that's exactly what he's been doing, and that change has happened in the last year and a half. Buddy credits Rico for his improvement. So once again, props to Rico!!!

I'd like to give some props to Rico Hines, who is one of the best player developers in the NBA. He's trained players like Kobe, Shaq, Durant, etc. During the Petrie era it was Coachie in the shadows helping to change the culture of the team. Today, I believe it's Rico putting his imprint on the team and helping to change the culture. I never thought that Buddy would be able to change direction off the dribble while attacking the basket, and yet, that's exactly what he's been doing, and that change has happened in the last year and a half. Buddy credits Rico for his improvement. So once again, props to Rico!!!
Additionally, Buddy has been playing some impressive defense. I've been torn about trading him, but he has seemed to embrace that 6th man role and has been amazing thus far.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Don't know about the rest of you, but last nights game felt like a cleansing. It's as if the team was shedding all the negative layers of clothing they worn for the last 15 years and putting on a new wardrove. It felt like a statement, out with the old, and in with the new. Sacramento is no longer a place where teams come to get an easy win!!!

Don't know about the rest of you, but last nights game felt like a cleansing. It's as if the team was shedding all the negative layers of clothing they worn for the last 15 years and putting on a new wardrove. It felt like a statement, out with the old, and in with the new. Sacramento is no longer a place where teams come to get an easy win!!!
Definitely. I say it every year, but this time I mean it. This team feels different, the vibe feels different. The offense has always been there for us, but it's the defensive intensity that has been impressive. We had one of the hardest opening strength of schedules coming into the season: Jazz twice, Warriors, Trailblazers, Suns, and Mavericks. All of them top offenses from previous seasons. Despite all of that, we are still top 15 for opp fg-a % and top 10 for opp 3p-a %.

Luke Walton gets a lot of flack, but the players seem to love him. In fact, everyone, outside of Lebron, have seemed to want to ride and die with him. Sure, he is not Popovich, he may make some head scratching decisions, or run his rotations a little long, his strength is getting the players to buy in and believe. He is the Ted Lasso of coaches.

I predicted a 45-37 record at the beginning of the season. I may have been too pessimistic!

Seriously, this team has the potential to do better than that. The West has only two teams clearly better than the Kings in Utah and Golden State, and they've already proven themselves competitive with both. I think the defense will improve w/greater success and buy-in. And if the Fox-the-non-hero-balling-facilitator of the last two games shows up regularly, saving the (disruptive) offensive detonations of last year for when they're really needed... oh my!

I predicted a 45-37 record at the beginning of the season. I may have been too pessimistic!

Seriously, this team has the potential to do better than that. The West has only two teams clearly better than the Kings in Utah and Golden State, and they've already proven themselves competitive with both. I think the defense will improve w/greater success and buy-in. And if the Fox-the-non-hero-balling-facilitator of the last two games shows up regularly, saving the (disruptive) offensive detonations of last year for when they're really needed... oh my!
I’ve looked at the current standings and all the teams Minnesota and below will not be better then us most likely. If we don’t make the play-in at the bare minimum Walton is getting fired for sure.
It looks like it’s gonna be a dog fight for 6-10 seeds coming down to maybe a even as close as 2-3 game differences by the end of the season.

I’ve looked at the current standings and all the teams Minnesota and below will not be better then us most likely. If we don’t make the play-in at the bare minimum Walton is getting fired for sure.
It looks like it’s gonna be a dog fight for 6-10 seeds coming down to maybe a even as close as 2-3 game differences by the end of the season.
Yep, I think it will take a minimum or 48 or 49 wins to get the #6 seed and avoid the play in scenario.

Can this team do it, I think they could possibly, if things fall just right! ;)

I wasn’t sure myself so re-wound it to listen again and it sure sounded like Bagley to me but mezzie makes sense as well, prob clearer for ppl in the arena

Felt like the fan equivalent of a big thick gooey slice of chocolate cake. Pure joy of watching the team beat the crap out of a competent team wire to wire in a meaningful game. It’s been so long we had one of these I forgot what it felt like

Entity

Hall of Famer
Fool me 18 times shame on you… that 19th time is on me man.

Imma hold out for 15 more games before anointing us a playoff contender.
We were 12-11 last year then went on a 9 game losing streak. Actually the first of two 9 game losing streaks we had last year. Maybe if we can avoid multiple losing streaks of 4 games or more we will be ok this year.

We were 12-11 last year then went on a 9 game losing streak. Actually the first of two 9 game losing streaks we had last year. Maybe if we can avoid multiple losing streaks of 4 games or more we will be ok this year.
both of those losing streaks started when an injury happened. Having zero depth last year killed us.

that would go a long way. I do think the competition is tougher this year too. We shall see

that would go a long way. I do think the competition is tougher this year too. We shall see
i disagree, the competition is weaker in my opinion. Lots of old stars, a few all star level players not playing this season, players slumping to start the season, weaker conference, and NBA talent peaked years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.