Kings vs Hawks, 1/5/2022 7pm PT/10pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tryin’a live by the Buddy, but dyin by the Duddie.
Proud of the overall effort in the 2nd half tonight. Just wish we had a couple of key pieces to take us from “competitive” to “victorious.”

Yeah, hate to say it but there is nothing to be proud of in losing to a team as depleted as the Hawks were. It was apparent in the first minute of the game that we didn't show up. Agree that we are starting to see some chemistry with Fox/Hali. I really think that Fox coming into the season all ripped messed his game up. I think he's getting back to the old Foxy.

Your proud of us losing to a g league team? Blow this crap up. Enough. I'm almost to the point where I'm going to start ignoring kings games
But, but, but…the Kings are contending for a PLAY-IN spot - the very pinnacle of achievement in the NBA.

Do you know what that would mean for the fanbase and for the city?

We’re talking ticker-tape parade time!!! :p:p

Vivek will be hailed as a zero…err…hero.

Your proud of us losing to a g league team? Blow this crap up. Enough. I'm almost to the point where I'm going to start ignoring kings games
Teams without their best players are historically dangerous… hungry players who are easy to underestimate and come out with absolutely nothing to lose. Accountability and trades are a whole lot faster and cheaper than blowing the whole thing up…Monte is smart enough to learn from his freshman year. And this isn’t an airport… you don’t need to announce your departure.

Im just over it. I don't have fun watching this team anymore and the most exciting Kings basketball we've seen the last 2 months was Hali running the offense like he's CP3 with all the scrubs.

Which is why Vivek's stance is so so dumb. This team isn't good, but still good enough to not fully bottom out and just utterly frustrate fans because we're stuck in 35 win hell. So we don't have the playoffs to look forward to, or the future to look forward to because we're missing out on the top 5 picks every single season.

Monte has to start tearing this thing down before the trade deadline. Sell what you can now, and finish the job in the off-season. If he doesn't and thinks his coach+minor bench upgrades can fix this core and he tries to win again next year, he'll be out of a job after another 35 win season

You can’t win in the NBA without wings. Davion is a great kid but in two games he has been outmatched by larger small forwards who simply shot over the top of him. Monte saying he could guard small forwards was a dumb as Vlade saying Marvin can play small forward. Until this team gets a competent GM we will continue to suck. We aren’t getting a competent GM with this owner.

Im just over it. I don't have fun watching this team anymore and the most exciting Kings basketball we've seen the last 2 months was Hali running the offense like he's CP3 with all the scrubs.

Which is why Vivek's stance is so so dumb. This team isn't good, but still good enough to not fully bottom out and just utterly frustrate fans because we're stuck in 35 win hell. So we don't have the playoffs to look forward to, or the future to look forward to because we're missing out on the top 5 picks every single season.

Monte has to start tearing this thing down before the trade deadline. Sell what you can now, and finish the job in the off-season. If he doesn't and thinks his coach+minor bench upgrades can fix this core and he tries to win again next year, he'll be out of a job after another 35 win season
Very well summed up.

The folly of poor management and the small-minded thinking of ownership has condemned the Kings franchise to basketball purgatory.

What personality flaw(s) account(s) for such repeatedly poor decisions? Hubris, denial, incompetence, negligence, stupidity, stubbornness, aimlessness? All of the above??

Seriously, what the hell is it going to take to get this organization to realize that it is an abject FAILURE in every measurable sense?

It seems that fans and pundits everywhere are SCREAMING for this team to pick a direction and demonstrate a true commitment to winning, but the “brain trust” is unwilling or incapable of doing what it takes.

It’s just one error after another by those in charge - either by omission or commission.

This utterly disgraceful leadership seems like it will never end and it’s becoming more intolerable by the day.

Yeah, hate to say it but there is nothing to be proud of in losing to a team as depleted as the Hawks were. It was apparent in the first minute of the game that we didn't show up. Agree that we are starting to see some chemistry with Fox/Hali. I really think that Fox coming into the season all ripped messed his game up. I think he's getting back to the old Foxy.
Agree with all, especially the point about Swipa the Fox.

Teams without their best players are historically dangerous…
No Trae, No Bogie. KINGS beaten by scrubs named Reddish and Huerter.

Sounds about right.

FWIW, what is it with the KINGS having to play seemingly so many back-to-backs at home with the road team rested the night before???
I don't get it.

You can’t win in the NBA without wings. Davion is a great kid but in two games he has been outmatched by larger small forwards who simply shot over the top of him. Monte saying he could guard small forwards was a dumb as Vlade saying Marvin can play small forward. Until this team gets a competent GM we will continue to suck. We aren’t getting a competent GM with this owner.
We don't know what any of these guys can do at their highest potential without a real head coach and crap spare parts around them right now with no full roster all season to boot. Monte literally just got here and drafted Davion a few months ago. Let's get to the deadline and next offseason at least

I hope your right that way instead of winning 30-32 games the Kings will win 35 now and will give Kings fans a chance to say SuperNova Fox and keep blaming whoever is the coach for not being able to allow Fox to carry the team to a play-in spot.

No Trae, No Bogie. KINGS beaten by scrubs named Reddish and Huerter.

Sounds about right.

FWIW, what is it with the KINGS having to play seemingly so many back-to-backs at home with the road team rested the night before???
I don't get it.
Those guys definitely aren't scrubs but we definitely should have won tonight, even with the back to back. Although i don't understand why our schedule is like this either. It's ridiculously difficult and hasn't let up in a long while

I hope your right that way instead of winning 30-32 games the Kings will win 35 now and will give Kings fans a chance to say SuperNova Fox and keep blaming whoever is the coach for not being able to allow Fox to carry the team to a play-in spot.
It's not on Fox either way. Blaming him for any of this would be less than smart

Those guys definitely aren't scrubs but we definitely should have won tonight, even with the back to back. Although i don't understand why our schedule is like this either. It's ridiculously difficult and hasn't let up in a long while
Damn seems every yeah the schedule is against the Kings (don't forget about the refs). This year the Kings don't even have the excuse well if we played in the East the Kings would make the playoffs.

I really don’t get why Mitchell is anywhere close to untouchable. I’m not actively shopping him, but if people are making offers I’m listening.
Well yeah, but I don't know what any realistic rebuild package for Davion that makes us better in the long-term looks like. I don't want late FRP from a playoff team. Maybe like a Pat Williams type young player swap? Obi Toppin? One of the Warriors young guys?

The goal of a reset is to trade your vets for young guys in the vein of a Mitchell on cheap rookie contracts. We got about 7 dudes who should be shipped off before him.

Very well summed up.

The folly of poor management and the small-minded thinking of ownership has condemned the Kings franchise to basketball purgatory.

What personality flaw(s) account(s) for such repeatedly poor decisions? Hubris, denial, incompetence, negligence, stupidity, stubbornness, aimlessness? All of the above??

Seriously, what the hell is it going to take to get this organization to realize that it is an abject FAILURE in every measurable sense?

It seems that fans and pundits everywhere are SCREAMING for this team to pick a direction and demonstrate a true commitment to winning, but the “brain trust” is unwilling or incapable of doing what it takes.

It’s just one error after another by those in charge - either by omission or commission.

This utterly disgraceful leadership seems like it will never end and it’s becoming more intolerable by the day.
I mean it starts and ends with Vivek. He's kept this in the wrong order since he got here.

If anyone follow the Giants, the Farhan era has been executed perfectly by everyone involved. You don't hear about the ownership group at all; they hired Farhan and he built his power structure the way he saw fit. That guaranteed everyone was on his page and working from the same book and it was rewarded this past season with a 107 win year. But win or lose, everyone could point to Farhan as the man who made the decisions.

The Kings have yet to have this in the Vivek era. It's been hire the coach before the GM, fire the coach, fire the gm, keep the old GM's coach in place, add an ownership patsy (Dumars), have a lead FO exec that hates the coach (Williams and Joerger). I mean we had a GD article come out that the GM is actually allowed to do his job; something that is basically never clear in Sacramento.

I believe in Monte's talent evaluation and the roots he came from (the Morey tree) that he understands what winning NBA basketball is. His developmental prospects and his FRP hits have shown as much. It's a matter at this point if he's actually allowed to tear this thing down and build it right.

Those guys definitely aren't stars either. They're not even definitive starting caliber players. They are dime a dozen players. Hence why I dub them "scrubs".

That doesn't mean they belong playing at the YMCA. It just mean in terms of NBA players, they are journeyman level. And both those players are exactly that.

Another home loss to a team without 3 of their best??? Embarrassing. I wouldn't even take "free" tickets to go last night and I'm sure glad I didn't.
I'm not attending another Kings games until there is a major trade. Also not really in the mood to watch any Kings games until a trade--even though I'm paying for LP (sunk cost).

I'm not attending another Kings games until there is a major trade. Also not really in the mood to watch any Kings games until a trade--even though I'm paying for LP (sunk cost).
I'm no longer in California but I'd take the same stance. At this point I sometimes check the scores on ESPN and usually view the box score the next day but that's about it. Glad I didn't pay for league pass this year.

My hope around lottery/draft time was that the Kings would luck into top lottery pick or else stay put and snag a third star at #9(looks like they narrowly missed one in Wagner who has definitely been better than expected), Fox & Hali would both make a leap, Hield and Bagley dealt for another solid piece and that this team would finally break into the playoffs with a bright future.

Instead we have an unbalanced roster largely made up of the same players as last year, two guards who don't play well together as our two best players and uninspiring play (especially on defense) night after night.

After 18 or so years of mediocrity I've finally checked out for the most part. But I really wish this franchise would give me a reason to be engaged again.

Status
Not open for further replies.