[Game] Kings vs Grizzlies 1/23/2023 7:30pm Pacific 10:30pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Anyone remember the Buddy Hield curl play or the Corey Joseph pointing everywhere while dribbling the ball for 16 seconds of the shot clock?

How about the three guard lineup of Cojo/Fox/Hield??

Louis King starting at 3

Except during his cold streak to enter the Brown era, my biggest concern with trading Barnes was always going to be that there is no way in hell you could get a player of equal value in return, and if you accept at face value and add everything we're told about how important he is in the locker room he's one of those guys you just hope takes a team friendly deal and stays here for as long as possible.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
In all honesty, there's no way that we trade away any of:

Fox
Sabonis
Barnes
Murray
Huerter
Monk
Mitchell
and I think at this point
Lyles

in any nibble-at-the-margins trade. You don't blow up chemistry like this.

Which means that we're probably dangling Holmes, who has little trade value, and then looking at using Len/TD/Delly/KZ/Metu to aggregate at least a bit of salary to try to get a fit in a trade. And we're obvious buyers at this point, so nobody's going to give anything away. It's going to be real tough to find a match on just about any rotation plug-in player without giving up at least a first. Obviously the Knicks seem willing to part with Reddish, but I'm not sure he's a rotation plug-in, and he's not the archetype paint defender we're desperate for. I think if we don't give up a pick, we don't get a paint defender.

Fox
Sabonis
Barnes
Murray
Huerter
Monk
Mitchell
Lyles

Which means that we're probably dangling Holmes, who has little trade value, and then looking at using Len/TD/Delly/KZ/Metu to aggregate at least a bit of salary to try to get a fit in a trade. And we're obvious buyers at this point, so nobody's going to give anything away. It's going to be real tough to find a match on just about any rotation plug-in player without giving up at least a first. Obviously the Knicks seem willing to part with Reddish, but I'm not sure he's a rotation plug-in, and he's not the archetype paint defender we're desperate for. I think if we don't give up a pick, we don't get a paint defender.
maybe we will be in the buyout game

Fox
Sabonis
Barnes
Murray
Huerter
Monk
Mitchell
Lyles

Agreed. I'm still not sure how real this Lyles surge is, but you can't trade a dude in his last 10:

18.8 MPG
11.5 PPG
4.8 RPG
0.9 BPG

54% from 3 on 3.1 Att
76.9% TS (lol wut)
+51 +/-

Lyles has earned his role off the bench and he's made the team quite a bit better over the last month. Have to continue to ride that.

I think my hope is we get the Spurs to bite on taking on an extra year of Holmes salary for Doug McBuckets for a few extra 2nds.

Except during his cold streak to enter the Brown era, my biggest concern with trading Barnes was always going to be that there is no way in hell you could get a player of equal value in return, and if you accept at face value and add everything we're told about how important he is in the locker room he's one of those guys you just hope takes a team friendly deal and stays here for as long as possible.
I don't see Harrison Barnes taking a pay cut; he's a professional, professionals will always seek to get paid what they're worth

You can see how much Mike Brown trusts Barnes from just this game alone. He knew that HB could cool down n still be called on to heat back up if needed. What more faith can you have in your vet?

Not surprised to hear MB turned the huddle over to Fox. We have a bunch of guys with accountability on this team, n coach brown seems to do an excellent job of sort of handing out minor tests, it'll pay dividends down the line, not only with the guys we have developing but also as a free agent destination.

Mike Brown's COTY chances have to be skyrocketing, he's doing a great job here.. Joe Mazzula is the only real competition the way things stand rn..

HB is this teams Igudola in his own way. Even if the play declines a bit, I'm not sure you replace his veteran leadership or what he means to the locker room. What's great is outside that first 8 game stretch, he's more than back to his usual elite role player/sometimes go-to-man self. More than worth another extension

Status
Not open for further replies.