[Game] Kings vs Grizzlies 1/23/2023 7:30pm Pacific 10:30pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out muscled by the Sixers so they're definitely going to get out muscled by the Grizz. Someone needs to buy Shannon Sharpe some front row seats for this one. Need all the help we can get.

Does anyone else find they are not receiving notifications on all responses lately? It’s been happening the last couple weeks
on responses its been happening to me at least a year.
Likes, I think I get every single one
I've been receiving everything. Maybe you just have to delete your browser history and/or cookies???? Log out, and then log back in, perhaps???

gunks

Hall of Famer
I hate the Griz so much.

It's that combination of ref favoritism and an extremely unlikable, **** head of a star player that harkens back to the Lakers of old.

Hope we destroy them, but they are coming off a b2b so I guess this is a schedule loss for us?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
It’s on live national tv tonight
Well, there appears to be a bit of a definitional argument about what constitutes a "national TV" game. It does seem to me that NBATV qualifies as "national TV", but if one wants to complain about the Kings not having many "national TV" games, then NBATV doesn't count, only TNT, ESPN, and ABC count.

Every now and then the absurdity of our aliases just *hits* me.

Capt. Factorial? Qwertylicious?! gunks?!!

WOOT?!!!

"Soooo, yeah, like I was saying to Capt. Factorial..."

:):):)

I'm so appreciative, y'all.
I'd much rather be absurd (and, thus, memorable), than not absurd (and, thus, just another member)...:):):)

PS: Don't hate! Appreciate!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Well, there appears to be a bit of a definitional argument about what constitutes a "national TV" game. It does seem to me that NBATV qualifies as "national TV", but if one wants to complain about the Kings not having many "national TV" games, then NBATV doesn't count, only TNT, ESPN, and ABC count.
I was gonna say the same thing as @Capt. Factorial...I don't consider NBATV to be "national TV" either.
I feel like that's not exactly what Capt. Factorial said.

NBA TV games are basically free league pass games, aren't they? They just pick one of the local feeds and offer it up. I think that getting a national broadcast crew eyes on a team is a big part of an ESPN or TNT game.

Also TNT and ESPN (and ABC) are part of basic cable while NBA TV is not. Basically nobody is going to watch the game by accident.

But it is nice for people who don't sub to league pass but are fans of out of market teams.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
NBA TV games are basically free league pass games, aren't they? They just pick one of the local feeds and offer it up. I think that getting a national broadcast crew eyes on a team is a big part of an ESPN or TNT game.
Not exactly. Or at least, they haven't always been like that. But ever since Turner decided that they can cut costs by just airing the regional broadcast, rather than pay a separate broadcast crew, it's certainly had that vibe; it probably didn't help that their attempts to provide in-house coverage (e.g., "Players Only") was very poorly received nationally.

IMO, as far as NBA basketball is concerned, any game that you can watch out of market without having to be subscribed to NBA League Pass qualifies as a "nationally televised" game, but mileage obviously varies.

Status
Not open for further replies.