[Game] Kings vs. Clippers, 1/15/21 7pm PST, 10pm EST

Our Defense has a lot to do with it but it would be nice not to run into a buzz saw every week. We can’t win against teams shooting 60 percent from the field.
Forget the score. The lack of pride is the worse thing. Like the team pumps it's chest when they're winning, but they should be clawing in games like this.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I'm liking this comment for the research but to be clear, I do not like this at all! Selling out to defend the paint is oddly ineffective when other teams are shooting 40 threes a game. Go figure!
Luke’s game plans on both sides of the court would work great if this were still the 1980s. Unfortunately it’s 2021 and no one plays like that anymore

Haha. I'm sure the implosion in their locker room is more severe. If Vivek is losing money then he already knows there are people ready willing and able to take this burden off his hands.
Pretty certain it's less Vivek and more the co-owners. Vivek has shown a willingness to burn to cash.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
kb02, you also hated that last Buddy steal amIright? :p

EDIT: But not as much as Coach Walton! Straight to the bench with you!

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
So...the Kings currently have the worst DRtg (points allowed per 100 possessions) in NBA history. That's not exactly fair, because teams score more points now with the rise of the three-point shot. But in terms of DRtg relative to league average...we're still the worst in NBA history, going all the way back to 1950 which is when we can first calculate DRtg.

The worst defense.

In NBA history.

In NBA history.
that won't be the only history the Kings will make after the conclusion of this season