[Game] Kings vs. Cavaliers, 11/09/2022 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah but time to let it go. We didn’t deserve to beat GS. We played like crap. We played decent BBall tonight.
deserve to win and actually winning have never been linked in any sport. Even if we disregarded everything prior to that last play (which is still not right because of how many free points they gave GS), the Kings deserved 3 FTA to potentially send it into OT. That's my gripe there.

No, they didn't play perfect and ran into a Steph nuclear game, but the Kings were flat out robbed of a chance to send it into OT. And they were flat out robbed of an OT with the Herro travel. We can talk about how the nuisances of how it got to those points in the game, but it doesn't change the stolen opportunity for the Kings to try and win those games. It was taken out of hands.

Big moment in this one too is how late he had Davion in there and didn't put Fox back in until 3 minutes left in the game. I'm assuming there was some level of communication between him and Fox that he was cool with it, but talk about pulling the right strings at the right time. Davion's defense in crunch time was absolutely a key factor in the win and Fox was fully rested to bring it home and was HOUNDING Mitchell every possession down the stretch.

Good to see that level of trust and it absolutely helps to see a huge win come out of it.

Despite getting outrebounded 42 to 24 (only 2 orebs the entire game!) a lot went right in this one;

- only 9 turnovers
- 7 players score 14+
-12 steals
-Fox decisively wins the duel at PG
-Barnes shakes off early season rust
-battle of the benches won by a landslide
-30/35 from the FT line!
-Mobley/Allen allowed to be efficient but not explosive, matched by Sabonis/Barnes

an impressive victory vs a quality opponent. The offense looked solid vs a good defense. Its great to see Huerter score 9 clutch points in the 4th after a cold start.

lotta signs of life from this team. Kings are now 3-0 when Trey Lyles scores double digits, interested to see how that stat holds up.

Last edited:
Great win. Rebounding and lack of rim protection is our obvious weakness, something I think we will need to address sooner rather than later.

No worries for Monk, he is in a legal state now.

Last edited:

dude12

Hall of Famer
I loved the Monk signing instead of DDV but even I have been surprised by his abilities so far. Thought he was more catch and shoot. Can get reckless at times but he’s showing some passing ability, and Mike Brown said that Monk is grading out as high as anyone on his personal defensive metrics. His energy is contagious.

I loved the Monk signing instead of DDV but even I have been surprised by his abilities so far. Thought he was more catch and shoot. Can get reckless at times but he’s showing some passing ability, and Mike Brown said that Monk is grading out as high as anyone on his personal defensive metrics. His energy is contagious.
The shooting/scoring wasn't a surprise to me at all; he's been trending upwards for 2 seasons now in this direction and was down-right elite last year playing off Bron/AD. But man, he's absolutely unlocked another level with his playmaking I had no idea he had; he has the highest AST rate on the team, which is downright bonkers on a squad with Fox/Sabonis on it. I thought that secondary playmaking was going to be a major drop-off going to Monk from DDV, but it's actually been a huge improvement with his handle/passing. That creation move where he was legit under the basket and still scooped an easy feed to Sabonis for the dunk was one of the best assists I've seen in a Kings uni in a long time.

Defensively I'm not entirely sure yet, but he's absolutely out there competing and he's had several stand-out hustle blocks that were real momentum-shifting type plays. Certainly hasn't been the defensive sieve I was expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.