[Game] Kings vs. Blazers, 11/24/21 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

it just doesn’t make sense a guy that literally played in the NBA can’t figure out what wins games.
For almost his entire career he played on the best teams with the best players for the best coaches.

On one hand, that's a hell of a pedigree. On the other, I think it's something you see with a lot of NBA washouts - they just can't adapt to not being the biggest fish in the pond on a mediocre team and get lost. Luke was on teams that forced their opponents to play their game (and so did the Warriors in his interim stint) so I think making real time adjustments was a total foreign concept and it showed even 6 years into his full time head coaching career that he never figured it out.

If Bagley shows up under Gentry his NBA career is probably completely finished and I am not sure any colleges will give him a look because he won't be able to recruit either.

For almost his entire career he played on the best teams with the best players for the best coaches.

On one hand, that's a hell of a pedigree. On the other, I think it's something you see with a lot of NBA washouts - they just can't adapt to not being the biggest fish in the pond on a mediocre team and get lost. Luke was on teams that forced their opponents to play their game (and so did the Warriors in his interim stint) so I think making real time adjustments was a total foreign concept and it showed even 6 years into his full time head coaching career that he never figured it out.

If Bagley shows up under Gentry his NBA career is probably completely finished and I am not sure any colleges will give him a look because he won't be able to recruit either.
I think the writing is already in the wall that Walton will never be an HC again in the NBA. Watching one clip of Bobby J in the huddle telling the play to the guys with them all intently listening and in sync was something I never saw with Walton and the players

I think the writing is already in the wall that Walton will never be an HC again in the NBA. Watching one clip of Bobby J in the huddle telling the play to the guys with them all intently listening and in sync was something I never saw with Walton and the players
For some reason out of the sac market he was getting a sympathy edit like he isn't completely inept. It's like folks didn't realize he was DOA as soon as Vlade was sent packing and Monte came in. The only really inexplicable thing was why it took so long.

That's how you build real team chemistry. Real unselfish from Len to say that and give up his minutes and great on Gentry for rewarding Jones for his strong play.
Len has given stout effort from what I've seen in many losses this early debacle.....he's not very talented, but give me that as a fan and satisfactory. Give me a less talented guy giving his all, rather than an all talented guy giving his less. Same goes for Mitchell - his offense has been cruddy but he runs back and plays hard no matter the distance from the rim.

Kings need to win ~65% of their next 20 games as hang-over salve for last 10 games. Realistic - ?!? 1 game is 1 of 13....ending supposed record 19-19.

Wow. New coach and a win and we get 13 pages of commentary.

Now that is the old Kings as far as fan participation. Posters come out of the woodwork (me included).

Hope we can keep up the enthusiasm. A few more wins in the near future just may be the salve we need.
It helps everyone's interest when the team looks like it's playing hard, under a coach who doesn't give the impression of a lame duck

Last edited:
Wow. New coach and a win and we get 13 pages of commentary.

Now that is the old Kings as far as fan participation. Posters come out of the woodwork (me included).

Hope we can keep up the enthusiasm. A few more wins in the near future just may be the salve we need.
True. I was fed up with Walton and am seeing some nice positives with Gentry even in the last game.. I'm enjoying Gentry's more active coaching style. For example, I liked how he called a timeout as soon as portland went on a run.. Not going to get my hopes up yet, as I know it's still early (and I'm a jaded Kings fan), but I'm glad that Walton is gone. He wasn't the whole problem but he was a part.

It helps everyone's interest when the team looks like it's playing hard, under a coach who doesn't give the impression of a lame duck
Exactly.... they played fast and ball didn't stick on offense. It looked like everyone cared on the floor, including Fox. I'm OK with some amount of iso ball, as long as it's decisive and we don't get Fox near the half court line surveying the defense until about 6 seconds on the clock when we all know he's driving to the basket.

We played two switchable bigs and three guards, which is a very functional modern basketball lineup (especially when one of your guards is extremely strong on point of attack like Davion). Luke Walton's version of playing big would have involved playing Barnes at the three and somehow gotten our center trapped on Dame every possession.
This is so on the money, i could cry. Walton literally tortured us and his players for no reason! It's sick when you think about the fact that a lot of the chaotic moves he made, were likely due to the fear of losing his job, only for him to lose his job based on those very same ridiculous mistakes.