[Game] Kings vs. Blazers, 11/24/21 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Gentry has been a class act in his comments regarding Luke's competency, but he has quietly made moves creating major shifts in players buy-in, passion, attitudes, and usage. I was worried by the not gonna change a thing comments initially, but see now that this was maturity and finesse in action.
I didn't for a second believe he agreed with everything Luke did but it really makes you wonder how all these other folks couldn't get Luke to coach remotely competently.

We aren't getting a high pick this year unless the entire team sits. I feel like people have let the Luke Walton-fueled losing streak cloud their judgement into thinking we're bad but we're not Rockets/Thunder/Pistons/Pels/Magic/Spurs-level bad.
Better pray Fox becomes Dame then cos if not we gonna be 8-10 seed for a longggg time

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It sure will be interesting against the Lakers to see how many minutes Jones and Bagley get. Lakers have huge centers and I can't see Holmes having much of a chance.
On the contrary, attacking their bigs down the middle with the pick and roll might be the best course of action because Dwight and DJ are slow as hell and AD is afraid of playing center. Richaun could have a big night against them

Kingster

Hall of Famer
On the contrary, attacking their bigs down the middle with the pick and roll might be the best course of action because Dwight and DJ are slow as hell and AD is afraid of playing center. Richaun could have a big night against them
I'm primarily concerned with defensive end of the floor, which is the most important end for centers. And I don't think I agree that Howard is slow. Hopefully, AD is still recovering from the flu bug. I don't think he's against playing guys the size of Holmes. He just doesn't like banging with the big boys.

Good fun win tonight. I especially liked the fans standing at the end of the game. One step at a time.

Great game and great win. I like gentry letting the bench guys stay in and finish what they started. fox with an efficient game, 7 guys in double figures and DJ with 9, our bench outscoring portland's (loved seeing bagley and DJ stepping it up) and everyone picking up the slack with important guys out due to various reasons.This really felt like a team win.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Went to my 1st game this year, we’re given mid court tickets 6 rows up….sweet seats, great game

A couple of observations
I’ve said it before but Damian Jones is our best defensive center, so glad Gentry kept him in and at the game it looked like Len was trying to go in several times but now afterwards,I see that Len was saying keep Jones in….a great teammate

It’s weird that Bagley stays near the tunnel when he’s not in the game for periods of time but then goes and sits back down at times too, but Bags had some great moments, a lot of people there pulling for the kid.

Fox was tremendous when he played. He absolutely does not get the same calls that Dame does. The ejection was lame. I mean, the refs did not have a great game tonight

Nurkic was a beast

Davions best game in awhile even though the refs were calling fouls against him because he dared play great D on Dame

Buddy giveth and he taketh, when he makes 3’s it’s so good, when he misses 3’s it always seemed like it led to a basket by Portland

For all the good things Hali does, him continually passing up 3’s leads to stretches of poor offense and bad possessions and he also makes some poor decisions out there mixed in with his good plays.

Pace, pace, pace and then make enough defensive plays when it counts

And finally, Gentry >>>>>>>>>>> Walton. I can’t put enough greater than signs in there

I think it’s totally fair and reasonable to be mad about that. Luke was awful.
it just doesn’t make sense a guy that literally played in the NBA can’t figure out what wins games. I get that not if not most former players end up being good coaches but man we looked straight awful as a BASKETBALL team under Walton. The offense had zero flow and the defense spoke for itself

Gentry has been a class act in his comments regarding Luke's competency, but he has quietly made moves creating major shifts in players buy-in, passion, attitudes, and usage. I was worried by the not gonna change a thing comments initially, but see now that this was maturity and finesse in action.
i definitely see that he’s a more competent coach then Walton (which isn’t saying much) but he’s trying to see who wants to play and the “Igaf how much you get paid” mentality is a good one if he genuinely executes it.