[Game] Kings vs. Blazers, 11/24/21 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

gunks

Hall of Famer
there was a lot of good in that game in the first 3 quarters if you didn't obsess on the "they were a g league team" bit. People may forget that that team is auditioning for what may be the only significant minutes they'll get while Kings were shell shocked and first night with new coach.

I don't think we are going to turn it around but jeeez, just seeing Marvin playing meaningfully and some of the different lineups was a joy. Luke was so friggin stuck in his sets and then he'd just decide to try something new out of the blue, but then rigidly stick to that. god if Gentry turns it around I'm almost going to be mad what we had to endure with Walton for so long.
I think it’s totally fair and reasonable to be mad about that. Luke was awful.

Better than going 1 vs 3.
But you need to be able to go 1 vs. 2 if you want to be a lead guard that can put up points. The issue is the ability to not go at double teams or split them. If you can't do that then you will struggle to get certain shots. He's got a terrific role players game though so if there is someone else there to pick up the slack it should be OK.

Just finished watching this game and Hey !!! great job bench!! Kudos to Bagley for being ready and getting it done,too. That late 3 was big time. Wasn’t happy with Fox not keeping his frustration to himself after the first technical and then getting ejected. But all in all very good game.

Fox was playing a pretty good game, especially in his second stint. Whoever keeps saying Buddy is out there being a net negative because of his sieve defense just hasn't been watching games. I'm all for the energy that all our bigs brought, starting with Len and TT and then finished by Bagley and Jones. Davion with a much needed breakout game as well.

Man I know this is not the game to say it because I have no problems with how Fox played tonight, but I really think we'd be an exciting team if we could move Fox for Simmons.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Holmes out from eye poke against philly. Barnes landed wrong on ankle. We actually played tall guys and won in basketball. Who would have thought that would work
We played two switchable bigs and three guards, which is a very functional modern basketball lineup (especially when one of your guards is extremely strong on point of attack like Davion). Luke Walton's version of playing big would have involved playing Barnes at the three and somehow gotten our center trapped on Dame every possession.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Fox was playing a pretty good game, especially in his second stint. Whoever keeps saying Buddy is out there being a net negative because of his sieve defense just hasn't been watching games. I'm all for the energy that all our bigs brought, starting with Len and TT and then finished by Bagley and Jones. Davion with a much needed breakout game as well.

Man I know this is not the game to say it because I have no problems with how Fox played tonight, but I really think we'd be an exciting team if we could move Fox for Simmons.
I honestly don't know if Simmons plays basketball this season even if the Sixers do trade him

there was a lot of good in that game in the first 3 quarters if you didn't obsess on the "they were a g league team" bit. People may forget that that team is auditioning for what may be the only significant minutes they'll get while Kings were shell shocked and first night with new coach.

I don't think we are going to turn it around but jeeez, just seeing Marvin playing meaningfully and some of the different lineups was a joy. Luke was so friggin stuck in his sets and then he'd just decide to try something new out of the blue, but then rigidly stick to that. god if Gentry turns it around I'm almost going to be mad what we had to endure with Walton for so long.
Absolutely. This has been a better team for 2 games. Gentry knows what he is doing and not afraid to make moves in game on the fly

I think it’s totally fair and reasonable to be mad about that. Luke was awful.
Yeah I mean he was indefensibly bad but I think just seeing two games with a new coach I don't exactly have the highest regard for and such a radical change in players seemingly remembering how to play. And it's not like any of them besides Bagley have any reason to show up right now except pride.

I honestly don't know if Simmons plays basketball this season even if the Sixers do trade him
Which IMO wouldn't necessarily be the worst thing for the long term success of this team, assuming we'd get a high pick this year. We know this team remains a 8-10 seed at best; there aren't many other ways we can add more talent

That ejection was bs. Sure give the one tech, but you don't throw a man out like that. He didn't even raise is voice. I've seen way worse
The foul was BS, it seemed like 2 minutes passed between techs though. They gave Fox a little leeway. Maybe it just seemed that long, but it was slow motion going why is he still arguing he's gonna get tossed. Most folks don't get that long to think about it twice.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Which IMO wouldn't necessarily be the worst thing for the long term success of this team, assuming we'd get a high pick this year. We know this team remains a 8-10 seed at best; there aren't many other ways we can add more talent
We aren't getting a high pick this year unless the entire team sits. I feel like people have let the Luke Walton-fueled losing streak cloud their judgement into thinking we're bad but we're not Rockets/Thunder/Pistons/Pels/Magic/Spurs-level bad.