[Game] Kings v. Suns - Saturday, March 23 - 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't I see something (on Twitter maybe?) about Doug having his own show or podcast or something? I think he had a sit-down interview with Fox.
It was an episode of UNINTERRUPTED, a show produced by LeBron

I just watched the DC and Fox episode. There's a lot of Doug noises going off along with some knowledge being passed on. They are going to have at least a couple more episodes with the two.

Last edited:
Willie is not good, period.
In his fourth year he still is 53% from the line. He can only spin move or catch a lob, besides that ZERO offensive game. Beli, Bags, Kofous all worked for boards WILLIE DID NOT. Even Buddy got some boards.

Willie did that cr4p again where its not even halftime yet and he starts wlking off the court. I'm glad I only have to see 10 more games with what Christie called Willie Cauley Swine on live tv.

Ozy ur crazy! Willie tried for a few rebounds at the very beginning of the game missed out on a few and just gave up. Thats who he is. Get him off this team. Any big that consistently rebounds would be a major upgrade.

Willie is not good, period.
In his fourth year he still is 53% from the line. He can only spin move or catch a lob, besides that ZERO offensive game. Beli, Bags, Kofous all worked for boards WILLIE DID NOT. Even Buddy got some boards.

Willie did that cr4p again where its not even halftime yet and he starts wlking off the court. I'm glad I only have to see 10 more games with what Christie called Willie Cauley Swine on live tv.

Ozy ur crazy! Willie tried for a few rebounds at the very beginning of the game missed out on a few and just gave up. Thats who he is. Get him off this team. Any big that consistently rebounds would be a major upgrade.
It’s not like other teams don’t see the same stuff. WCS is causing himself to lose major money with his shenanigans. If I’m the Kings and I can get him on the cheap I probably do it.

Barnes fitting in very well. This is exactly what we wanted out of our 4th option on offense. Good efficient outing. His contract is not an issue for me. Well spent cap space.

As Bjelica goes, we go. Solid outing for him also.
Bjelicia had 4 assists but numerous passes that led to the shot not counted as assists. It’s not a coincidence that the teams ball movement is better with him getting regular minutes. Does he have defensive limitations? Sure he does but the team is a better team when he is playing. Dave has to avoid getting him switched onto players like Russell.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Bjelicia had 4 assists but numerous passes that led to the shot not counted as assists. It’s not a coincidence that the teams ball movement is better with him getting regular minutes. Does he have defensive limitations? Sure he does but the team is a better team when he is playing. Dave has to avoid getting him switched onto players like Russell.
What’s really amazing to me is that we’re so much better with a PF as a PF and a SF as a SF. Go figure.

(Not letting that go, like ever, Yogurt)

If we can upgrade our rotation and land a legit stretch pf we will go far. Bjelica has been good but he was a foot out of the league when we bought him in.

Realizing the importance of a stretch 4/5 for joergers system, I think it's imperative we look to upgrade Bjelica

Last edited:
That Bjelica/Bagley/Barnes front court is what Ive been wanting to see and they look great together. Its too bad that we experimented with the lineup that featured Barnes at the 4 for as long as we did. I also really liked coach's subs in this game. At the point where there were about 5 minutes left in the game and Bagley was off the floor I started feeling disappointed; as soon as that happened Bagley was at the scorer's tables. Well done, coach.

Bagley dominates his competition pretty consistently. We really lucked out in getting that #2 pick.

I appreciate your knowledge of the game, Ozy, I really do. But you seem to go to absurd lengths to justify your dude WCS.

Sure, he does get some unjust criticism. Yeah, I’m part of it.... That said he definitely isn’t always the mega positive impact as you make him to be. He’s a pretty flawed player, who can have high highs and the lowest of lows.
After an 18 rebound game he pulls a big fat 0 on the boards. The reason no one's furious is because no one's surprised. We all knew this was going to happen.

He does good things, mainly switch well onto the perimeter and move well without the ball. That doesn't make up for his hideous flaws: can't stretch the floor, wildly inconsistent and lackadaisical, unpolished offensive game, doesn't block shots and more importantly rarely TRIES to block shots, and allows a putrid FG% at the rim.

We were winning the rebounding battle from wire to wire in this game!!!! Is this the 90's or something what the hell is everyone concerned about rebounds for? we let up 115points per game... LOL,. and the Suns took Ayton 1st overall so they could win the rebounding battle...

If u go back and look at the footage int his game OVER AND OVER AND OVER you will see Willie putting a body on Ayton... You'll see Harrison BArnes putting a body on someone... and usually Bjelly grabbing the board.. Keeping Ayton off the baords is a task fit for a team not one man...

y'all really neeed to dig deeper if its gonna be boxscore watching...

What about Ayton only having 5 defensive boards in 29 minutes whiile our team grabbed 13 orebs... Is that not a good job?

and Grant is part of this nonsense witchhunt, willie makes like 4-5 plays on consecutive possessions in the 4th q and grant swallows his tongue and waits to pounce on the subject of inconsequential rebounds, meanwhile we're letting up wide open 3's.
Willie gets 18 boards: HA SEE WHAT A GREAT CENTER WILLIE IS? NOBODY HAS HIS LENGTH AND ATHLETICISM!

Willie gets 0 boards: Man why you so hung up on rebounds, what is this the 90s?

Saw Jimmer n Mikal at the Sawyer prior to the game. Jammer looks like he’s slimmed down considerably. Mikal is a legit 6’8.

Ayton is shorter than WCS. Same size, same athleticism. There is just no explainable reason for WCS to have zero, ZERO rebounds.

Booker is better than Buddy. Better handles, more dynamic. Is ball dominant n has a bit too much boogie in him, Fix the latter two issues n there’s no reason why he can’t be a top 3 two guard in the league.

Barnes was a beast. Perfect fit for our young core.

Refs sucked. They missed so many calls.

Yogi refused to drop the ball in the paint to Bags. Over dribbled. Joeger called a TO n was giving him sh*t while he was coming to the bench. Yogi never saw the court again. He’s sucked for a while now. Dude is playing too much ISO ball.

Bags works his ass off in the paint. Constant banging n movement. Put on some weight n can easily see him high on the list of players who others hate playing against.

It’s been a real “ides of March” month for me...one thing that has not sucked is being a fan of this team and the absolute competitive fire I have seen from Fox, Barnes, Belly, Buddy and company.

I have not been watching hoops as long as my esteeemed boardmate VF21, But I love this game without limits and this team is just incredible...all of my non-Kings fans friends are impressed.

Fox can imprint my enjoyment any time...and although my wife washed my eldest son’s Bagley jersey, shrinking it slightly...it just means my 6 year old can wear it next season.

I am elated...excited...ecstatic about our future. There is seriously nothing better for a lifelong Sacramento native and fan the what we are witnessing...I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Saw Jimmer n Mikal at the Sawyer prior to the game. Jammer looks like he’s slimmed down considerably. Mikal is a legit 6’8.

Ayton is shorter than WCS. Same size, same athleticism. There is just no explainable reason for WCS to have zero, ZERO rebounds.

Booker is better than Buddy. Better handles, more dynamic. Is ball dominant n has a bit too much boogie in him, Fix the latter two issues n there’s no reason why he can’t be a top 3 two guard in the league.

Yogi refused to drop the ball in the paint to Bags. Over dribbled. Joeger called a TO n was giving him sh*t while he was coming to the bench. Yogi never saw the court again. He’s sucked for a while now. Dude is playing too much ISO ball.

Bags works his ass off in the paint. Constant banging n movement. Put on some weight n can easily see him high on the list of players who others hate playing against.
Rewatching the game one of the things that stood out about Booker is that he played like absolutely no defense. Like absolutely none. He looked okay defensively against Bogi but let's be fair most of that was on Bogi. I don't want to say Booker is Kevin Martin but the way that his huge scoring absolutely doesn't correlate to wins is reminiscent of Kmart (only at maximum salary).

Booker is better than Buddy. Better handles, more dynamic. Is ball dominant n has a bit too much boogie in him.
Uh, not to me he isn’t. Every year we hear how great Devin Booker is and every year PHX is at the very bottom of the standings. Doesn’t the dude have to start winning at least a little bit before he’s considered better than players that win more than he does? SMH.

Booker is a volume scorer and a chucker. Yes, he’s a very good shooter, but often suffers from poor shot selection, and, as you already said, can be a black hole.

Still, Buddy is still a better shooter (I didn’t say ‘scorer’), makes a ton more hustle plays (including grabbing timely rebounds) and plays much better defense. Booker is strictly one-dimensional (offense only). Always has been.

Rewatching the game one of the things that stood out about Booker is that he played like absolutely no defense. Like absolutely none. He looked okay defensively against Bogi but let's be fair most of that was on Bogi. I don't want to say Booker is Kevin Martin but the way that his huge scoring absolutely doesn't correlate to wins is reminiscent of Kmart (only at maximum salary).

Didn’t see this post before I submitted my last one. But you’re spot on. He’s just plain bad on that end. Whether it’s ability or laziness, IDK. But he’s not good on that end.

And he’s a chucker offensively. Scored 32, but was 10-27 overall and 2-11 on three’s. Got bailed out for some foul shots otherwise it would have been even more inefficient.

Sooner or later PHX needs to start winning with Booker leading the way or the excuses just need to stop. At this point of his career, he doesn’t play winning basketball and his lack of defense plays a part in that.

Didn’t see this post before I submitted my last one. But you’re spot on. He’s just plain bad on that end. Whether it’s ability or laziness, IDK. But he’s not good on that end.

And he’s a chucker offensively. Scored 32, but was 10-27 overall and 2-11 on three’s. Got bailed out for some foul shots otherwise it would have been even more inefficient.

Sooner or later PHX needs to start winning with Booker leading the way or the excuses just need to stop. At this point of his career, he doesn’t play winning basketball and his lack of defense plays a part in that.
Yea, he has the body n feet to be an elite defender at the two spot. But, see my Boogie comments, I don’t know if it’ll ever be a priority for him. Kmar was akways too slim to be an elite defender.

Booker vs Buddy. To me, it’s:

Athleticism: Booker.
Shooting: Buddy.
Handles, playmaking, going to the hole n scoring: Booker.
Size: Booker.
Heart: Buddy.
Upside: Booker.
Defense: Buddy, only because he’s more willing than Booker.

Don’t take the Booker > Buddy comment as a diss. Booker has elite potential at the two spot. He has all the tools, just lacking the mindset n focus. Booker has always given Buddy issues—the Barnes low post special since Buddycame into the league.

I appreciate everything in your post, and you’re entitled to believe that “Booker is better than Buddy.” But you’re wrong about that. Booker can outscore Buddy, but Buddy can score a ton and contributes in so many ways to our best version of ourselves. Booker is a great player, but Buddy is my pick seven days a week.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I think the Suns are a better team without Booker chucking up shot after shot whether it's a good shot or not. If I'm the new Suns GM in the offseason, I'd test the trade market for Booker and re-sign Oubre. He helped the Suns get some big wins this season.

I didn’t read through the whole thread, but I’m sure somebody mentioned Harrison Barnes defense. He was really good the 2nd half and pretty much slowed Booker’s roll. That was great to see.

Also major props to Nemanja Bjelica for a great game. W/o his performance the KINGS likely don’t win.
This is why I never understood the "Barnes is too slow to defend the 3" theory. He was out there defending one of the better scoring 2s in the league. Glad joerger is done messing with the small ball lineup and playing guys at their natural position. Too bad it might have cost us a few wins tinkering with the lineup.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I think the Suns are a better team without Booker chucking up shot after shot whether it's a good shot or not. If I'm the new Suns GM in the offseason, I'd test the trade market for Booker and re-sign Oubre. He helped the Suns get some big wins this season.
Good luck trading that huge contract!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I was listening to the Hawks announcing team tonight and I liked them a lot. They were analytical, fair with just a touch a Hawks fandom. The color commentator had me dying laughing with stuff like "WHAT was JJ Redick doing there? That was terrible defense. He was guarding someone's back."
You better put some RESPECK~! on Bob and Dominique's names!

If we can upgrade our rotation and land a legit stretch pf we will go far. Bjelica has been good but he was a foot out of the league when we bought him in.

Realizing the importance of a stretch 5 for joergers system, I think it's imperative we look to upgrade Bjelica
He was signed in Philly. Not really a foot out of the league. He was choosing to go to Europe as he wanted more stability.

Bagley or Giles is that next legit PF. They have to be able to extend their game to 3.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
He was signed in Philly. Not really a foot out of the league. He was choosing to go to Europe as he wanted more stability.

Bagley or Giles is that next legit PF. They have to be able to extend their game to 3.
& They both have it. Giles was 8-11 from three in the g-league and we’ve all seen Bags progress as the season moved along.

I felt he could have had 6 or 7 assists honestly and was surprised he had 5 on the box score. He's a smart player but tends to force his long ball as a way to get going. Outside of that, he actually plays well around the basket. His passing and length allow him to fire those cross court passes over guys and hit the open man. He deserves to be in the rotation.

What’s really amazing to me is that we’re so much better with a PF as a PF and a SF as a SF. Go figure.

(Not letting that go, like ever, Yogurt)
Nor should you.

Realizing the importance of a stretch 5 for joergers system, I think it's imperative we look to upgrade Bjelica
Huh? Giles and Bagley are supposed to be the future frontline. Those are the upgrades, unless you want to keep one of them on the bench. Then you are looking at an all-star level free agent, unless your point is that both guys are PFs.

Neither of them have the shot to space the floor consistently like a true "stretch" big. Giles still is hesitant to fire 17 footers. Bagley too, as he looks to attack the basket unless he's already standing outside the line and is wide open. Being able to hit a shot is a much different thing than being an offensive threat from that range. Nemanja is the second best deep shooter on the team behind Buddy, who is one of the league's best.

Now, if the idea is playing them both at the 4, and picking up a very good center to go along with them, then that's not a bad idea. Bagley can split minutes between the 4 and 5 as well, but he will have a tough time against the bigger and better centers of the game. If we got a guy like Valanciunas I think it would allow Bagley to out-play the forward they put on him, but it won't stretch the floor. However, with two players of that calibre, they will feast on single defenders. What will end up happening is Bagley will start to get doubled, and when that happens, you don't need a stretch big to space the floor, because the defense is already askew with the double. Ball movement will result in an open shot or ability to break it down and get to the rim.

Nemanja doesn't need to be replaced, he just needs to come off the bench if the team upgrades to a better center. I would much rather they go after a quality center than waste money chasing a guy like Mirotic or Tobias Harris which would force Giles and Bagley to play out of position.

I'd sure like to see Christie have his own show (like Kayte) in which he really goes into the technicalities and Xs and Os of the game, but that's probably asking too much.
Kayte has a kings podcast? I'm only aware of the jams ham and sactown royalty but neither produces much content or the type of x and os I'd love from a Christie and/or kayte kings podcast....would love to get more technical info of behind the scenes stuff related to kings players. What is their diets. Workout routines. Balancing life work etc

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Kayte has a kings podcast? I'm only aware of the jams ham and sactown royalty but neither produces much content or the type of x and os I'd love from a Christie and/or kayte kings podcast....would love to get more technical info of behind the scenes stuff related to kings players. What is their diets. Workout routines. Balancing life work etc
Kayte has her own TV show on the same station that plays the Kings games in the Sacto area.

Status
Not open for further replies.