[Game] Kings v. Suns - Saturday, March 23 - 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
LOL!

Any criticism of the team that is so off the point as some of yours is fair game. I honestly cannot believe you actually watched the game. His shot may not have been falling but he was NOT sleepwalking. What's unacceptable to me (as a fan, just so you don't cry foul with the "Moderator" thing) is for another fan to make blanket comments about a player that are simply patently untrue.
He had a bad turnover on a lazy pass in the first quarter too. That’s when the first shot rang out, IIRC

From 18 boards against the Mavs to 0 tonight. Only Willie could manage that! :p
So.... did Willie just play himself off this team? Horrible effort, zero anything, Grant openly bashing him on the air, benched for the final few minutes.

We were winning the rebounding battle from wire to wire in this game!!!! Is this the 90's or something what the hell is everyone concerned about rebounds for? we let up 115points per game... LOL,. and the Suns took Ayton 1st overall so they could win the rebounding battle...

If u go back and look at the footage int his game OVER AND OVER AND OVER you will see Willie putting a body on Ayton... You'll see Harrison BArnes putting a body on someone... and usually Bjelly grabbing the board.. Keeping Ayton off the baords is a task fit for a team not one man...

y'all really neeed to dig deeper if its gonna be boxscore watching...

What about Ayton only having 5 defensive boards in 29 minutes whiile our team grabbed 13 orebs... Is that not a good job?

and Grant is part of this nonsense witchhunt, willie makes like 4-5 plays on consecutive possessions in the 4th q and grant swallows his tongue and waits to pounce on the subject of inconsequential rebounds, meanwhile we're letting up wide open 3's.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I appreciate your knowledge of the game, Ozy, I really do. But you seem to go to absurd lengths to justify your dude WCS.

Sure, he does get some unjust criticism. Yeah, I’m part of it.... That said he definitely isn’t always the mega positive impact as you make him to be. He’s a pretty flawed player, who can have high highs and the lowest of lows.

I was listening to the Hawks announcing team tonight and I liked them a lot. They were analytical, fair with just a touch a Hawks fandom. The color commentator had me dying laughing with stuff like "WHAT was JJ Redick doing there? That was terrible defense. He was guarding someone's back."

Kingster

Hall of Famer
So.... did Willie just play himself off this team? Horrible effort, zero anything, Grant openly bashing him on the air, benched for the final few minutes.
Willie could have talked to his agent who informed him that the Kings don't seem interested in bidding on his services this summer. The more probable scenario though is he saw they were playing against Phoenix who he's played pretty well against, he saw Phoenix had three injuries, and he just decided to take the night off. That's his MO.

gunks

Hall of Famer
We were winning the rebounding battle from wire to wire in this game!!!! Is this the 90's or something what the hell is everyone concerned about rebounds for? we let up 115points per game... LOL,. and the Suns took Ayton 1st overall so they could win the rebounding battle...

If u go back and look at the footage int his game OVER AND OVER AND OVER you will see Willie putting a body on Ayton... and usually Bjelly grabbing the board.. Keeping Ayton off the baords is a task fit for a team not one man...

y'all really neeed to dig deeper if its gonna be boxscore watching...

What about Ayton only having 5 defensive boards in 29 minutes whiile our team grabbed 13 orebs... Is that not a good job?

and Grant is part of this nonsense witchhunt, willie makes like 4-5 plays on consecutive possessions in the 4th q and grant swallows his tongue and waits to pounce on the subject of inconsequential rebounds, meanwhile we're letting up wide open 3's.
I'm no WCS basher, usually a WCS defender, but tonight was rough. Call me a Willie realist!

And I watched the game, checked the box after. Willie had a few "intangibles" plays tonight, but we need to get more from him (and in his defense, we usually do)! He was mostly a nothing out there.

I expect a bounce back game tomorrow though. Seems like Willie doesn't have back to back stinkers anymore.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'd sure like to see Christie have his own show (like Kayte) in which he really goes into the technicalities and Xs and Os of the game, but that's probably asking too much.
Didn't I see something (on Twitter maybe?) about Doug having his own show or podcast or something? I think he had a sit-down interview with Fox.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm no WCS basher, usually a WCS defender, but tonight was rough. Call me a Willie realist!

And I watched the game, checked the box after. Willie had a few "intangibles" plays tonight, but we need to get more from him (and in his defense, we usually do)! He was mostly a nothing out there.

I expect a bounce back game tomorrow though. Seems like Willie doesn't have back to back stinkers anymore.
If his hair is braided, all will be well.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Didn't I see something (on Twitter maybe?) about Doug having his own show or podcast or something? I think he had a sit-down interview with Fox.
Yes, he did. But I really want to see a show like "Christie's Tutorial" or "Go to School with Christie" in which he actually shows you, for example, what the Kings should have done defensively in the Nets' debacle that they didn't do. He mentioned in the radio broadcast that he thought Bjelica should have been pressuring Russell just off of the screener instead of playing near the basket. I think it would be very educational to see him demonstrate some of the finer points of the game.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yes, he did. But I really want to see a show like "Christie's Tutorial" or "Go to School with Christie" in which he actually shows you, for example, what the Kings should have done defensively in the Nets' debacle that they didn't do. He mentioned in the radio broadcast that he thought Bjelica should have been pressuring Russell just off of the screener instead of playing near the basket. I think it would be very educational to see him demonstrate some of the finer points of the game.
I think that would be a very popular show. :)

Kingster

Hall of Famer

I expect it too. That's what he does. He takes the night off, and then it's "my bad" and he shows up to play the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.