[Game] Kings v. Suns - Saturday, Dec. 28 - 6PT/9ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it is! The NBA gods handed the Sacramento Kings their chance to be both relevant and good once again on a silver platter, and the esteemed beloved champion of Sacramento, Vlade Divac, looked the NBA gods right in the eye and hocked a giant loogey directly into their face.
We can make a game out of this come draft time.

We can vote on our least favorite prospects and it's scientific fact that the one with the most votes will be the one Vlade picks.

I'am so over Barnes and Buddy they got away with highway robbery in the off-season and now are just rubbing salt into the wound. Is there seriously not some big body in the G-League (Alvin Williams) who we could sign if they will not play Giles?

JJ reminds me of a bigger Ray Mcallum which is not a bad thing similar types athletes with JJ being slightly more explosive.
It isn't robbery when an idiot gives you free money.

I honestly think we're getting about what I expected from Barnes. Bit of a slump right now but he wasn't going to be the first second or even third option on this team.

The problem is our "stars" aren't actually stars.

I honestly think we're getting about what I expected from Barnes. Bit of a slump right now but he wasn't going to be the first second or even third option on this team.

To be fair, our ‘stars’ can’t stay on the floor to even see if they are stars.

The Kings are playing with no confidence. Less than any pro team in a long time.
For the second game in a row, the Kings have played at home against teams with losing streaks and weak defenses. The last two teams have averaged giving up 120 points, but the Kings can only get 100. The offense is in disarray.
The think Barnes is a bright spot. I do not get all the negative comments about his play.
There were signs of life last night. It was the defense that could not get it done.
The Suns are a basement dwelling team that have one player that the Kings could not slow down.
Richaun Holmes continues to play well. It was easy to see his emotion last night how pissed off he was to lose to Phoenix.
Time to shake up the lineup. Sit some guys. Let them see the game from bench. Give some new guys like James more minutes. Nothing to lose.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan

Dearron Fox is a star, Buddy is a 2nd or 3rd option, Marvin right now is a 2nd or 3rd option.

Dearron Fox is a star, Buddy is a 2nd or 3rd option, Marvin right now is a 2nd or 3rd option.
On this team yes, on actual good teams no.

Fox could be a star but he isn't a star yet. He's too inconsistent even within individual games, he plays more games and quarters like he's just a starter than he does a star.

The 4th Quarter against Houston the other night was an example of what Fox could be as a star when he starts doing it in bigger portions of games night in and night out.

Buddy when playing well could be a great 3rd option on a good team. He doesn't score in enough ways or when defended well to truly be a second option on a good team. As we know he doesnt create well for others either.

Bagley is the big mystery. If everything goes well he could be a tremendous scorer and the #2 to Fox since he'll need Fox to create a lot of his shots.

We don't have any star players. Check the standings.

Fox is a very high level player on his day, but he's not a star.

Bagley might get 10-15 minutes on a playoff team... Maybe.

Buddy thinks he's the number 1 option for the 96 bulls.
The Buddy description is one of the best I’ve heard. In his mind he thinks he has the handles of Kyrie Irving, the passing ability of John Stockton, the iso ability of Jordan, and the 3 point shooting of Step Curry all rolled into one. The problem is only the last one is kind of true.

I saw signs of leadership last night when Holmes got called for a technical. Then the coach backed him up. This might be an important moment going forward. I would like to see the team run some plays for Holmes. He is a good ball handler. He makes his foul shots. His shot percentage is extremely high. Mostly he is a pick setting machine that makes rolls and cuts to the basket. How about using what you have instead of continuing to do what is not working?

Hield needs to keep his mouth shut or he is going to get traded. The last thing any team needs when they are struggling is a player that voices dissent.

The Kings have been rebulding for at least 10 years. When they can't get near .500 it is obvious that they have not drafted as well as other teams. Some Kings' players have done much better with other teams. Many are not even playing now. The small market size of Sacto makes attracting free agents much more difficult. The current problems with this team are a long time in the making. Fox is becoming a great player before our eyes. Bagley gets by on freakish athleticism. I wish that they could stay healthy for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.