[Game] Kings v. Pelicans - Saturday, Jan. 4 - 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not totally fair that this is the crew responsible for climbing back out of a mess they didn't create game after game. Walton needs to refine his rotations. The team is not in rhythm like the were so tinkering at the start and end of quarters won't cut it.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
By far, Buddy makes the most mental blunders of any player on the Kings squad. Over the course of a season, those mistakes add up to a lot of squandered opportunities and translate to more than a few losses.
By far, Buddy makes the most three pointers of any player on the Kings squad. Over the course of a season, those threes add up to a lot of additional points and translate to more than a few wins.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
By far, Buddy makes the most three pointers of any player on the Kings squad. Over the course of a season, those threes add up to a lot of additional points and translate to more than a few wins.
That’s all well and good... when the team’s record is 13-22? Dude probably deserves to get called out for the bonehead play.

EDIT; Not to say it’s all Buddy, everyone is fair game.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
I know Buddy was never a high IQ player, but did this contract make him dumber? Is he trying too hard to justify it, and it just results in the worst possible results?
Something happened during his contract negotiations or something, it seems his Ego has taken over and he really stopped buying into a team mentality, throwing out quotes saying people dont trust him etc, seems like it is the other way around.

He was never like this until his contract negotiations

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
That’s all well and good... when the teams record is 13-22? Dude probably deserves to get called out for the bonehead play.
Yes, but. The whole team has been terrible, all year. Fox has a couple of awful turnovers tonight. Ariza had a stupid pass to contribute to the three-TO's to open the 4th and has done very little positive tonight. But Buddy gets ALL the hate. Does he deserve some, yes. But every other player is getting a pass so the crowd can bag on Buddy.

One question coming into this year to me was: Who is this year's scapegoat? (Because there's always somebody, and WCS is gone.) Well, I've got my answer.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Yes, but. The whole team has been terrible, all year. Fox has a couple of awful turnovers tonight. Ariza had a stupid pass to contribute to the three-TO's to open the 4th and has done very little positive tonight. But Buddy gets ALL the hate. Does he deserve some, yes. But every other player is getting a pass so the crowd can bag on Buddy.

One question coming into this year to me was: Who is this year's scapegoat? (Because there's always somebody, and WCS is gone.) Well, I've got my answer.
Idk, dude mouthed off, got a massive contract for it, continued to make iffy statements into the season, and plays with less b-ball IQ than ever before. Feels like it’s a bit justified to me. :::shrugs:::

Again; not to say every other players shouldn’t get some too. The whole team seems a trainwreck.

Status
Not open for further replies.