[Game] Kings v. Pelicans - 2/12/17 - 6PT/9ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember, in Kentucky there are no pro teams of any kind so the only way to establish a pro connection is either through picking a team in your youth or following college players. I did the first and was just thankful that Boogie came along at some point.

That is why the NBA when they add 2 more teams need to ensure that Louisville is one of the next cities. There is no completion at all. Indy is the closest NBA city.

Most Kentuckian's that I know have no NBA team they root for so they just follow players.
I really wonder how well an NBA team would do in Kentucky. In the part of Kentucky I live in, your a brave cat if you're to admit to liking that bird from up North. Louisville is almost like Southern California is to Northern California in terms of water rights.

The efficiency variation between our wins and losses is a lot more muted this year anyway:

Last year:
in wins TS% .585 TO 3.2
in losses TS% .502 TO 4.4

this year:
in wins TS% .569 TO 3.4
in losses TS% .553 TO 3.8
Careful you may start sounding like a crack pot named Blob :p

Last edited:
This season? We held the badly undermanned early season Pels to 94pts. Holding teams to 94pts rather than 115pts = more victories, novel though that idea may seem in the Kingdom.
Except the overall defensive execution has been lacking regardless of the intent. We are allowing 108.9 points per 100 possessions. Last year we allowed 106.3 points per 100 possessions. That's 2.6 points worse.

We are one game better than them and they started 0-8 with all their injuries and Holiday being on leave. They are 21-25 since then.
Collison missed 8 games also to start the season. Ty Lawson was still finding his way back to form. The whole Kings team was getting used to new Coaches and System. So I think that equals out any issues the Pels were dealing with.

Does anyone besides me want to see that other Kentucky Alum Willie Cauley Stein defend the Brow? Should be a fun game:)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Lordy. So about two years ago Dude 1 in Willits apparently stiffed Dude 2 in Willits in a drug deal and in the process gave out a fake phone number...which happened to be my cell (I live nowhere near Willits). For a couple of weeks I was getting nightly calls between 2-4 AM from Dude 2 trying to find Dude 1, and Dude 2 was having none at all of me telling him he had the wrong number and please to go straight to hell since I was sleeping thank you very much. A bit concerned for my own safety, I spent a good deal of time on the interwebs trying to find my own address given my own phone number with no luck, so I decided to sleep easy, and eventually Dude 2 gave up. But the picture in my head of Dude 2 calling me in the middle of the night was...just about the same as that guy in the mugshot. Thanks for bringing THAT back.
Oops! Sorry. :p

The guy in the mugshot couldn't have possibly picked a worse place to try and hide out. This area is a very small tight-knit community. We all know each other and we know each other's families. This guy might as well have been wearing a neon sign saying "Hey, look at me. I don't belong here!" He walked into the very small gas station/grocery store and thought he would blend in? I don't know who called the authorities but I imagine if there's a reward they might have to split it about 20 ways or so.

From Twitter:
The Pelicans will be without Terrence Jones (right thumb sprain) and E'Twaun Moore (personal) tonight's vs the Kings, Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry told reporters in Sacramento. Tyreke Evans, who missed the past two games with a left ankle sprain, will try to give it a go.

There seemed to be a slight delineation from IT fans and Tyreke fans of years past. I'm not a Tyreke guy. As far as I'm concerned he's the greatest disappointment of the last decade and a half for this franchise. The fact that he went from a 20/5/5, R.O.Y, to an injury prone tweener role player hurt. Set the franchises fortunes back. And I complained every step of the way about it on here til he was traded.

There seemed to be a slight delineation from IT fans and Tyreke fans of years past. I'm not a Tyreke guy. As far as I'm concerned he's the greatest disappointment of the last decade and a half for this franchise. The fact that he went from a 20/5/5, R.O.Y, to an injury prone tweener role player hurt. Set the franchises fortunes back. And I complained every step of the way about it on here til he was traded.
Aside from a certain playoff series and the injury to C-Webb, I would say the biggest disappointment of the last decade and a half was letting Rick Adelman walk.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If you live close to the Feather or Sacramento River, you should be aware that Oroville, Gridley, Palermo, Thermalio, Live Oak, Marysville, etc. are under mandatory evacuation orders. I mention the Sacramento River because the water threatening to flood the Feather will end up in the Sacramento River IF the auxiliary spillway fails. Check Ch. 3 for information.

G

glassman

Cousins again with this turnovers/bad body langue poopoo play
He looks awful... I'm with Aaron bruski he needs to just post the freak up.... I'm sick of him turning it over trying to take people off the dribble!!! Get off the 3 pt line and use ur size. He's way more effective in the paint

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Interesting that Demarcus went straight to the locker room I wonder if they're working on some kind of relaxation techniques, hypnosis, meditation, speed bag and gloves?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.