[Game] Kings v. Pelicans - 1/13/16 - 7 PT, 10 ET

I

Im Still Ballin

Might be time to bring back WCS into the starting lineup. Rondo-McLemore-Casspi-WCS-Cousins would be my starting lineup

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I will say it again, Rudy is useless unless his shot is falling. He does nothing else for you other than score the ball, thats it.
Gay shot 56 percent tonight. Whatever his problem was, "shot not falling" wasn't it.

And, as you've "said it again" that you think Gay is "useless" unless his shot is falling, I will also say this again: he's still an above-average rebounder, for his position.

Like the other posters on here said. Karl is gonna say the same old story. They "punched us and we didn't punch back, we play like kids in a grown man league" blah blah. The constant switching, small ball, and perimeter play is insane
You nailed it!

Postgame conference, and that muther****er Karl is absolutely unrepentant in his ignorance of NBA defense today.
He says "We'll continue to challenge the ball, and we'll have to figure out the 3".

The Kings will not make the playoffs with George Karl's bullcrap defensive scheme of leaving three point shooters wide open to futilely swipe at and look sternly at the guy driving.
There are WAY more teams designed to shoot the 3 ball, then there are designed to drive and make a contested layup.

All those days off --- for THAT performance?

You can basically predict these types of losses against this type of opponent. It's as if they believe they can sleepwalk to a win --- and they never do.

At this point, the mods should place a moratorium on "playoff" talk until this team can consistently start winning games like this. Because this team has ZERO chance to make the playoffs losing games to teams they simply have to beat.

All those days off --- for THAT performance?

You can basically predict these types of losses against this type of opponent. It's as if they believe they can sleepwalk to a win --- and they never do.

At this point, the mods should place a moratorium on "playoff" talk until this team can consistently start winning games like this. Because this team has ZERO chance to make the playoffs losing games to teams they simply have to beat.
I really wonder what they did in practice these 3 days.

Gross.

It was 68-60 and Rondo had a 2-on-1 got picked from behind which turned into Anderson 3 and instead of 6 point game it was 11.

That lead turned in 80-60 before the Kings scored and found a guard (Curry) who actually made his defensive presence known on the court.

Karl is an idiot to think rolling Marco out to start the 3rd is a panacea and don't talk to me about Ben. How patient do we have to be with this guy before he does something besides go through the motions? This kid just does not have the instincts to play basketball.

And least there was the Willie block on Davis which was fun.

I am kind of done with Karl but I did like when he benched Rondo for not guarding Gordon when Rondo called for a switch with Willie. I can't be the only fan who saw that? That was the laziest play you will see on an NBA court.

If Rondo thinks he is getting a max contract this offseason first cut that number in half and we'll negotiate down from there.

The Kings will not make the playoffs with George Karl's bullpoopoo defensive scheme of leaving three point shooters wide open to futilely swipe at and look sternly at the guy driving..
Except Curry came in and defended the perimeter unlike Ben and Marco who are Scarecrow defenders from Wizard of Oz before getting a heart.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Gross.

It was 68-60 and Rondo had a 2-on-1 got picked from behind which turned into Anderson 3 and instead of 6 point game it was 11.

I mentioned that play back when it happened -- you could spot it a mile off. That was THE play that finished what little heart we had...until we're down 28 and suddenly a crew decides to waste a ton of energy on some huge run that just again...WTH?

A big part of it is the lack of effort. When Malone was coaching the tean, players were willing to play hard for him. For whatever reason, the guys are not playing hard consistently for Karl.

Malone's preparation for every game was reportedly impeccable. Karl seems to make it up as be goes with line ups and strategy.

I've said it before, but lack of effort at this level is not due to laziness. All players at this level put in work. You get what appears to be lack of effort when players either don't buy into a system or what is being asked of them is not clearly communicated. Or both.

A big part of it is the lack of effort. When Malone was coaching the tean, players were willing to play hard for him. For whatever reason, the guys are not playing hard consistently for Karl.

Malone's preparation for every game was reportedly impeccable. Karl seems to make it up as be goes with line ups and strategy.
I've said it before, but lack of effort at this level is not due to laziness. All players at this level put in work. You get what appears to be lack of effort when players either don't buy into a system or what is being asked of them is not clearly communicated. Or both.
Would you buy into a system that everyone know is flawed and one of the NBA's worst? And then you're getting subbed out when you get burned on an open 3 because of the system itself and then you get called out on the media afterwards by your coach that you can't play defense? Way to go George, way to go

Gay shot 56 percent tonight. Whatever his problem was, "shot not falling" wasn't it.

And, as you've "said it again" that you think Gay is "useless" unless his shot is falling, I will also say this again: he's still an above-average rebounder, for his position.
Also he's been playing out of position for the majority of this year, having to guard bigger 4s

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Also he's been playing out of position for the majority of this year, having to guard bigger 4s
Well toniggt he started at the 3 , and absolutely refused to guard the 3pt line. He was responsible for no fewer than 4 open three pointers by the Pels in the first quarter and opening seconds of his second stint.

It's tough to watch our perimeter players leave the 3 point line exposed to swat at players making a drive. The swatting very rarely works. Very rarely.
But it's very commonly turned into an open and drained three.
And yet they keep doing it..

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It's what the little boss man wants.
At some point, you're gonna have to quit playing that tune. First, because it's as annoying as crap and second because it's no longer true.

What Vivek wants isn't the problem. The problem is the backlash from what he did before he hired Vlade. Vivek doesn't control George Karl. Hell, I don't even think George Karl controls George Karl part of the time.

As long as we have George Karl, we're going to see the kind of basketball Brick warned us about...And then, after a particularly ugly loss, we're going to see/hear George Karl spout platitudes about focusing on defense as though we didn't watch the lunacy ourselves.

I no longer have expectations or excuses. It's like going to the dentist for a root canal. For me, it's to the point where I'm just going to watch and hope there's something left when the smoke clears. And hope that the tickets I already have for the last game of the regular season are worth more than the paper they're printed on.