[Game] Kings v. Pelicans - 1/13/16 - 7 PT, 10 ET

All I can say is we are lucky Utah is losing tonight
We're not because it gives the fans glimmers of hope only to be treated to performances like tonight. There is just something fundamentally wrong with this team for displays like tonight to continue to happen. Honestly I don't know what the hell is going on with this team.

All I can say is we are lucky Utah is losing tonight

At some point, another team is going to stop helping us out and start running away with it.

We had a chance to win tonight and tomorrow and pull even with the Jazz. All we had to do was beat a team that just got beat by the Lakers on their back to back. Yet we got out hustled and out worked.

Entity

Hall of Famer
1 more made fg on 16 more attempts. It was the missed threes. They made 10 more threes. If we take six of our missed three and turn into made twos and it's tied. 18-7 on turnovers

It feels like George Karl is coaching a class rather than coaching a team. No adjustments at all. No change in strategy. Just do this class lesson over and over and over.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
You really think that matters? This team will finish 13th or 14th in the west if they continue playing like this.
Doubtful.

This is just part of the eternal yin and yang with this team. It makes absolutely no sense. I don't bet, but if anyone does and puts money on a Kings game, either way, on any night...well when they take your home and your wife goes with it you pretty much deserve it. Our complete unpredictability is borderline bizarre.

And most bizarre of all is that they could smash Utah tomorrow by 20, or get smashed by 20, and neither result would surprise me. The only read on these guys is "have talent".

Knowing this team we will win in Utah, and both games in LA going 3-1 in this four game stretch here(what most would have hoped for) only to lose in the next winnable home game.

I

Im Still Ballin

One game at a time. I don't think we'll make the playoffs, but I cannot deny the possibility. As long as the competition keeps losing like us, we've got decent odds.

Its crazy that the off season talk about this team is "we don't really know what to expect from them, they have talent, but can they put it together?" literally has become reality game to game for this team.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
You really think that matters? This team will finish 13th or 14th in the west if they continue playing like this.
But they won't continue playing like this. We already know they won't. They'll play a game like tonight, and everybody screams about how it's over, and "STOP TALKING ABOUT PLAYOFFS~!", and then they'll go out and beat, like the Clippers. You might as well get used to this.

George, I don't give a crap if we lose the rest of the ****ing season PLAY WCS DAMN IT!!!

There is just no excuse to leave him on the bench nearly the entire first quarter while the team is playing no ****ing defense!

Damn I'm sick of Karl's stupid defensive schemes and him not playing our far and away best defender. Then he leaves him in when we're down thirty and we make a run but it's too late!!! Stupid!!!!!

I don't often get angry about Kings games but Karl has pissed me off. Ship him!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Nothing, he did nothing and that is heart of his problems. He would prefer to be a ghost out there than fall on his face trying to do something meaningful.
Strange that he be the only one not allowed to fail, though. Everybody else got plenty of opportunities to stink the joint out.

Tried to dribble the ball off his feet mostly.

I remember this same thing happening in one other game where we started Acy and Ben, and neither survived half.
1 TO gets him out of the game? Our best perimeter defender? Having Gordon start off 0-3 gets him benched? Good for us, with Ben out, Gordon only put up 24pts.

I'm so torn right now. On the one hand I want us to play great and win every game. On the other hand I just want this Karl-system to be exposed as much as possible so we will finally fire him and stop letting him waste the 2 1/2 years left on Boogie's contract as soon as possible.