[Game] Kings v. Magic - Friday, March 9 - 7 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This should be a real nail-biter. A battle for the ages.

Okay, maybe it's just a chance to get a look at Mario Hezonja. :p

What am I going to be looking for? Heart, hustle, energy, effort and enthusiasm. An indication of increased BBIQ. More signs that there is a growing bond between our young players, a bond that will become something special, something that will warm our hearts and fill us with joy.

Yep, there it is. My unfettered optimism. I have faith in what's happening right now. I believe in Vlade's vision.

It's a good time to be a Kings fan.

This should be a real nail-biter. A battle for the ages.

Okay, maybe it's just a chance to get a look at Mario Hezonja. :p

What am I going to be looking for? Heart, hustle, energy, effort and enthusiasm. An indication of increased BBIQ. More signs that there is a growing bond between our young players, a bond that will become something special, something that will warm our hearts and fill us with joy.

Yep, there it is. My unfettered optimism. I have faith in what's happening right now. I believe in Vlade's vision.

It's a good time to be a Kings fan.
In THE Vlad(e), We Trust! :);)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
From Sean Cunningham:

Kings vs. Magic on Friday:
Iman Shumpert (Left Foot Plantar Fasciitis)-OUT
Willie Cauley Stein (Lower Back Strain)-QUESTIONABLE
De’Aaron Fox (Lower Back Strain)-QUESTIONABLE

Well it looks like we are winning tonight. Won't say whether or not I'm happy about that, but seeing as I'm going to watch the game regardless all i hope for now is that napear tones it down so I can actually sit through it. He's been close to unbearable the last few games.

You know what

It’s only fair we beat them and give them the loss they want. They will be responsible for us grabbing a 22 year old SF cause the decliners his option. We owe them.

Well it looks like we are winning tonight. Won't say whether or not I'm happy about that, but seeing as I'm going to watch the game regardless all i hope for now is that napear tones it down so I can actually sit through it. He's been close to unbearable the last few games.
Zach Lowe of ESPN likes him (them):

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...hings-like-including-houston-rockets-math-nba

10. Jerry Reynolds and Grant Napear, making a bit out of everything

Is there a Nobel Prize for endurance of spirit? Can we give it to Napear and Reynolds? These guys have seen nothing but trash basketball for 15 years, and they somehow continue to analyze it with objectivity, intelligence and humor.

Their tolerance is remarkable......

...They poke fun at themselves as much as they do the Kings. Reynolds is 74, and when reading promos, he has to stick his face almost against the monitor to see the text. They decided to make a bit out of that by actually showing Reynolds squinting while Napear grades his performance.

Reynolds, master of the intentionally bad pun, recently referred to a Skal Labissiere basket as "skalicious." These two are such a delight. I hope the Kings give them a good team to discuss before one of them retires.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...hings-like-including-houston-rockets-math-nba

Is there a Nobel Prize for endurance of spirit? Can we give it to Napear and Reynolds? These guys have seen nothing but trash basketball for 15 years, and they somehow continue to analyze it with objectivity, intelligence and humor.

...They poke fun at themselves as much as they do the Kings. Reynolds is 74, and when reading promos, he has to stick his face almost against the monitor to see the text. They decided to make a bit out of that by actually showing Reynolds squinting while Napear grades his performance.

Reynolds, master of the intentionally bad pun, recently referred to a Skal Labissiere basket as "skalicious." These two are such a delight. I hope the Kings give them a good team to discuss before one of them retires.
I agree with this 100%. The fact that they haven't gone completely insane yet (I think Jerry is close) after all of the horrible basketball they've seen over the years is astounding. However I do think Napear's objectivity in the game and enthusiasm for commentating has waned. He definitely complains a lot more now and doesn't hesitate to praise our front office at every turn. He's still a phenomenal commentator and there isn't anyone else I'd rather have doing Kings games, but I wish he'd tone down his opinions because it's making it harder to sit through games.

My favorite thing about Jerry is his puns! Skalibrated lol
My favorite thing about Grant is when he gets triggered on his radio show. He probably wouldnt be full of rage if the Kings had been good so, glass half full.

However I do think Napear's objectivity . . . has waned.
Why wouldn't that bleed into his game calls over time? This is a man who once went on the radio after the Maloofs backed out of the railyard plan and regularly advocated for weeks the city paying a fortune to renovate Arco would have good return on investment because the team told him to say it.

If it was good for him and/or ratings, he will say literally anything with no shame about it not being true.

Looks like Mario is already helping the Kings. He sucks and if Vlade signs him I will be so disappointed. I had no idea Mario Hezonja was this lousy

My favorite thing about Jerry is his puns! Skalibrated lol
My favorite thing about Grant is when he gets triggered on his radio show. He probably wouldnt be full of rage if the Kings had been good so, glass half full.
Nah, he’s still angry when the Kings are good.

I remember in 2001-2002 playoffs after the Kings dropped game 2 to the Mavs some guy called his show and asked about the Kansas City Chiefs. Grant flipped out on the guy and said he didn’t want to hear about football when the Kings are tied going to Dallas. It’s memorable because he carried on for about 2 minutes about it.