[Game] Kings v. Jazz - 3/13/16 - 3 PT, 6 ET

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Cause that would be quitting? I don't enjoy watching terrible basketball either, but our job is pretty easy. We sit, watch, and cheer when something good happens. I complain a lot about trades, draft picks, coaches, idiotic reporters and what not but when the game is on I'm just hoping we find a way to win. I've never understood why fans feel the need to boo their own team. It's not like they're losing on purpose.
I think when fans don't see hustle and effort out of their team and players, it should warrant boos. You want to watch robots play instead?

Glenn

Hall of Famer
What is the target demo for this? Great writing, great character development, great acting reaches all demographics.
I didn't like it either. Not sure why but I quickly got bored. I was trying to figure out how I could be in the same demographic as Mr. Citrus and it must be that it wasn't written for ex-sailors.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I think when fans don't see hustle and effort out of their team and players, it should warrant boos. You want to watch robots play instead?
I just don't think a team has ever responded to booing in their own arena/stadium by deciding to play better. I guess if you just need to vent your frustration that your prerogative. I think a "Let's go" chant gets the same idea across but has more of a chance to be effective.

I understand how people feel about Breaking Bad (even though I LOVED it). Because I feel that way about The Wire. I've watched nearly two seasons and I can't bring myself to care about any of the characters or events that are taking place.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I just don't think a team has ever responded to booing in their own arena/stadium by deciding to play better. I guess if you just need to vent your frustration that your prerogative. I think a "Let's go" chant gets the same idea across but has more of a chance to be effective.
To each his own, I suppose.

hrdboild

Staff member
I really hate George Karl. The bench got us back into the game and he's just sitting there on the sideline like he hasn't got a clue what's happening. I have zero confidence in his ability to make smart substitutions this quarter.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I understand how people feel about Breaking Bad (even though I LOVED it). Because I feel that way about The Wire. I've watched nearly two seasons and I can't bring myself to care about any of the characters or events that are taking place.
Same with The Wire and Walking Dead.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I really hate George Karl. The bench got us back into the game and he's just sitting there on the sideline like he hasn't got a clue what's happening. I have zero confidence in his ability to make smart substitutions this quarter.
They showed a close up of him and I didn't have a clue what he was looking at. I have a feeling he didn't know either.

People seem outraged that these millionaire players check out but what if the coach checks out? Grant is on a rant about the players. How about the coach, Grant? Jackass.

In your guys opinion, is there a point on firing Karl at this stage? We aren't making the playoffs but man this is bad. Should Vlade ride it out? At first for stability sake I didn't mind his decision but the way things are going idk anymore

hrdboild

Staff member
Maybe playing 2 SF, 2 PG lineups all the time has something to do with us getting dominated on the boards.

That, plus everyone leaking out before the rebound is even secured, because - pace!
Thank you! :) I keep saying this when people comment that player effort is the reason we can't defend or secure rebounds. It's not all effort. How are you going to call these guys scrubs when we're playing under-sized at two positions because that's what the coach has decided to do for the entire season? It would take a tremendous effort for us to even be average under that handicap.

dude12

Hall of Famer
BB and Walking Dead was/is some of the best TV ever for me. Not many shows actually give me an adrenaline dump after watching it. Better Call Saul also looks to be great longterm. Same goes for The Americans, Game of Thrones, and am really liking Vinyl and OJ vs the People.

In your guys opinion, is there a point on firing Karl at this stage? We aren't making the playoffs but man this is bad. Should Vlade ride it out? At first for stability sake I didn't mind his decision but the way things are going idk anymore
I think it's time. Players quit on him, he looks as uninterested as I have ever seen him. I don't see his vision/presence in our future so I'd can him now.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
BB and Walking Dead was/is some of the best TV ever for me. Not many shows actually give me an adrenaline dump after watching it. Better Call Saul also looks to be great longterm. Same goes for The Americans, Game of Thrones, and am really liking Vinyl and OJ vs the People.
check out Black Sails.

hrdboild

Staff member
Not only yes, but hell yes. If it were my decision I'd fire him mid-game just so he could get booed walking to the locker room. Not because we can make the playoffs at this point (we probably can't) and not because it will help our draft position (it probably won't) but because we need to make a statement to the players and the fans that this franchise cares about winning not petty intra-office politics or money concerns.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Karl is the tank commander here, why would you mess with that with under 20 games to go? let him finish off the tank strong.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
ahem, all those of you currently watching crap TV shows might want to switch back for a few minutes. We always blow these. Nearly 100%. nonetheless, we are back in it.