Kings tv schedule

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Thanks, loopy!

(I reposted part of your post - the link didn't work, but it does now!)

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Thanks for the TV schedule. It has been printed and posted.

I am ready.............no, I will be ready after the Monarchs bring us a championship. ;)

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
ForlornKing said:
Do you think the full roster will be used during pre-seaons games?
Absolutely. Should be very different then last season. Last season we had the same starting 5 that knew eachother, no bench with a whole lot of invities trying to make the team. This pre-season its going to be wierd b/c for the first time in a long time we are going to have a set roster going into the season. Only a few spots, if any, will be open. Everbody should see some court time just to work out the kinks.

SacTownKid said:
WTH!! The first game of the season isn't on CSN?! That sucks. Oh well, I guess I only have to wait two days though.
You get Kings games on CSN but not News10?? How does that work?

uolj said:
Then how do you see Kings games on CSN? They are blacked out outside Sac.
Comcast Sports Net has a television deal with the Kings that airs 64 regular season games and is the flagship station for Kings basketball. It is a cable channel available to most northern and central california residents.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Wow, only one each road strips of 6, 5 and 4 games. Rest of trips are 2 and 3 games only. Kinda nice. With luck we see all 82 down here plus pre-season.

BTW anyone going to Las Vegas for the Laker game?

SacTownKid said:
Comcast Sports Net has a television deal with the Kings that airs 64 regular season games and is the flagship station for Kings basketball. It is a cable channel available to most northern and central california residents.
:D I know that. It is a channel that is available to many people across the country, actually. I said that the games are blacked out outside of Sac. Most (maybe all) people who have access to CSN that don't have the games blacked out also have access to News10. If you're in the Kings area and get Kings games on CSN but you don't get News10, then that must be a bummer for you. I'm sorry to hear it.

T

thesanityannex

SacTownKid said:
Sactown, where do you live outside of sac? and how far does the blackout rule apply?

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
thesanityannex said:
Sactown, where do you live outside of sac? and how far does the blackout rule apply?
I am pretty sure it applies for anything further than the surrounding towns. Things were rather a mess last year when Comcast first started their sports channel (west). It is possible that there will be changes this year.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
PixelPusher said:
i noticed our 2nd regular season game is @ New Orleans. Does anyone know where it will actually be played?
I don't think it has been decided. They are still considering various venues.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
thesanityannex said:
You are still SOL, sanity. You're not going to be able to see the games UNLESS you get League Pass OR move out of Southern California.

;)

T

thesanityannex

VF21 said:
You are still SOL, sanity. You're not going to be able to see the games UNLESS you get League Pass OR move out of Southern California.

;)
are you absolutely positive??? I was led to believe if I ordered the comcast sports channel, only the games shown on news 10 would be blacked out? Doesn't look like many are on news 10, so why would I not be able to watch them if the channel is available to me?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I am absolutely positively completely, utterly and totally sure. You are in LA, right? You are NOT going to be able to get the Kings games on ComcastSportsNet West. That would be in violation of the contract the NBA has for League Pass. The deal the Maloofs signed with Comcast Sports is for Northern California, with a little of central California and a few pockets in Western Nevada and one corner of south-eastern Oregon. Period.

N

Netguy115

I hate my area. The only cable providers we get are Charter and SBC. I know Charter doesn't carry CSN because that's what we have now, but does anyone know if SBC carries it? I live in the central valley of CA

T

thesanityannex

VF21 said:
I am absolutely positively completely, utterly and totally sure. You are in LA, right? You are NOT going to be able to get the Kings games on ComcastSportsNet West. That would be in violation of the contract the NBA has for League Pass. The deal the Maloofs signed with Comcast Sports is for Northern California, with a little of central California and a few pockets in Western Nevada and one corner of south-eastern Oregon. Period.
Pooey.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Netguy115 said:
I hate my area. The only cable providers we get are Charter and SBC. I know Charter doesn't carry CSN because that's what we have now, but does anyone know if SBC carries it? I live in the central valley of CA
It's keyed to your zip code. IF your cable provider has the Comcast Sports Net packaging, it will still depend upon whether or not you live within an area that is deemed to be the local broadcasting area of ANOTHER NBA team. Southern California is divided between the Clippers and the Lakers. (I don't know the details and don't care.) The Bay Area belongs to the Golden State Warriors.

It's impossible for us to know every single nuance of the blackout regulations. DishNetwork and DirecTV don't even know them, and they're in the business. I spent several days last year in touch with the Vice-President of Regional Operations for DishNetwork when they first signed the deal with Comcast. It was confusing then and it's still confusing.

I've recommended it before and I'll say it again: Your BEST bet is to ask a neighbor or someone within your zip code.

R1LOVER said:
Why not just say the city you live in????

:rolleyes:
I live in Clovis. So I get basically all of the programming from Fresno, local channels, etc. and I subscribe to Comcast cable. I don't get blacked out of any games as far as I know. I am out of the range of News10's signal so I don't get those games b/c I can't reach the channel. Maybe I could get a super strong antenna?

I also get all of the Warriors games that are aired on FSN (Fox Sports Net).

If you subscribe to Comcast cable, does that eliminate any possible blackouts?

Last edited: