Kings trade Shumpert

Shumpert's contract is basically the same size as Burks'. We get a second round pick (wow, we really need more of those) and send a great defender and major chemistry guy out? I can't help but feel that Shumpert was no longer going to be starting at SF, and I have a hard time thinking that it's Burks that was replacing him. Another shoe to drop?
Shump has faded big time. Burks can play every night and help excellerate our pace game. Vlade is the chemistry guru so I'd assume he understands what he is trading away. Also, remember Troy who arguably is better than both shump and jackson is just waiting for us to pick him up after the trade deadline

U wanna see something awful go look how Alec Burks got injured a few years back Paul Peirce did him really dirty...... and he like got a concussion and broke his leg, its absolutely brutal footage to watch and just watch what peirce does to cause it all, burks has him torched on the play so Pierce just slams into him...

i'll always root for that guy... He was actually like one of the best 6th men in the league when that injury occurred too..

I think he's a very nice fit with the Kings too. it's more firepower... If burks isn't good enough for our rotation that means our rotation is LOADED.. he's got a spot here tho... He actually can play some PG too, if u got back to many years ago the Jazz have had extremely bad tme getting PG's and there's one year where they had like 38 year old Jamal tinsley starting, Burks was actually the best PG on that whole team, im vehement about it.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Shump provided great leadership off court. It's not that I don't like the possibility Burks might be better on court, it's just at what cost? For this to make sense, there has to be something bigger otherwise it's just jerking chemistry around.
The chemistry won't hurt this team, Shump started but the Kings have Bogs to finish out those minutes and Burks can spread the floor more consistently than Shump. This move won't break the season, if anything, it can help.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Shump provided great leadership off court. It's not that I don't like the possibility Burks might be better on court, it's just at what cost? For this to make sense, there has to be something bigger otherwise it's just jerking chemistry around.
At the same time, I believe enough in the guys in our locker room that I think getting rid of Shump isn't going to set us back as much as it would have in years past.

I'll wait to see what the 2nd round pick looks like from Cleveland, but if this is it, trading Shump in a lateral move is a step backwards. He was a true presence in the locker room that you can't really teach.

Kings FO can never just stay out of their own way sometimes.

I'll wait to see what the 2nd round pick looks like from Cleveland, but if this is it, trading Shump in a lateral move is a step backwards. He was a true presence in the locker room that you can't really teach.

Yea, I would've rather done nothing.

Yeah, nobody saw this coming. Peaches and Doug are spinning it on the radio saying that Iman wasn't going to be part of the team next season anyway so the fact that they got something in return for him is a good thing. If true, I suppose I agree.

But I still hate trading guys that buy into Sacramento as Iman did and was a leader in the locker room and had a ring to show the young players in order to get their attention (even if LBJ was the reason he got it).
Sometimes no move is better than just making a move. Burks has never been a winning basketball player. His advanced stats have him below average for basically his entire career. Not to mention he's only been healthy enough to basically play one full season and the rest he's missed 20 games or more in.

The Kings were sitting at the peak of the entire season going into today. Clippers just threw themselves out of the playoff race. The Lakers are in shambles. Kings just beat out 2 extremely tough teams at home and were going into this Houston game with the playoffs in their sights and a huge matchup in Harden vs. Shumpert. Now the star player is mad and I'm sure most the locker room is as well. We have no one to guard Harden and the scales just got tipped the other way for a player who is almost never healthy, isn't even very good when he is healthy and brings almost nothing that fixes any of the glaring holes with this team. Unless it's part of a bigger plan, it makes zero sense.

Shump has faded big time. Burks can play every night and help excellerate our pace game. Vlade is the chemistry guru so I'd assume he understands what he is trading away. Also, remember Troy who arguably is better than both shump and jackson is just waiting for us to pick him up after the trade deadline
I was just trying to find Iman’s shooting Stats by month, but it sure feels like it has plummeted since the first month of the season.

The chemistry won't hurt this team, Shump started but the Kings have Bogs to finish out those minutes and Burks can spread the floor more consistently than Shump. This move won't break the season, if anything, it can help.
I'm just slightly concerned that if Burks is more of a 2 ... oh I can't complete this thought.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
No details yet, that I've seen. And now I'm hearing debate on whether the 2nd actually comes from Cleveland or Houston. If it's from Houston instead of Cleveland, that'll suck.
Houston has already traded their 2019 pick, and they're swapping their 2020 pick with Golden State. So...gotta hope it's from Cleveland.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
do positions really matter now a days? so many of these players are interchangeable, even more so if they can do more than just slash or just shoot....it's nice to have versatility.
Burks is bigger than Shump so it's not like this trade made us smaller by any means.

WOOOO HOOOOO !!!!!

huge alec burks fan.. lemme post a few highlights;

Here he is catching Kobe reaching hardcore..

and I mean he's plenty athletic... just see here...

These highlights are from I think the best game I ever saw Burks play in the NBA..

do positions really matter now a days? so many of these players are interchangeable, even more so if they can do more than just slash or just shoot....it's nice to have versatility.
They don't, which is why many guys are listed as SG/SF nowadays. Burks is listed strictly as SG. I dunno...

I disagree about this lockerrrom angle. If anything, a short positive influence was great, but then this steps that aside so the young guys can fill that leadership role