Kings trade Shumpert

I like Burks, he was a overpaid player I thought we could've targeted in the past.

But for the current team, he defends worse than Shump, isn't a better SG than Bogi, and isn't better at Pg than Yogi.

Shumpert's contract is basically the same size as Burks'. We get a second round pick (wow, we really need more of those) and send a great defender and major chemistry guy out? I can't help but feel that Shumpert was no longer going to be starting at SF, and I have a hard time thinking that it's Burks that was replacing him. Another shoe to drop?
Yeah. That’s the only thing I can think. Maybe losing a guard in another trade for a SF?

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Thank you Shump. We hardly knew ye.

There better be more to this.

eta... I mean, of course there is. right???

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Shump is not starter material, I like the swing for the fences move by Vlade here. Burks can handle the ball and spread the floor for Fox. If he doesn't work out, he's a free agent the same way Shump would of been.

pretty simple really. It's a trial run to see how he fits with the team.
Right, I get that, but you lose the only guy we had that can hold his own defensively on the wing. I certainly don’t hate Burks, it’s just a little bit of a head scratcher if we don’t make another move.

ALEC BURKS OMG!!!!! I FREAKING LOVE ALEC BURKS..... This guy has had a lot of crapty luck he's really better than people realize.... U guys are gonna be most pleased with this cuz he is a dynamic offensive force, in fact when Burks is actually on he's rather difficult to disrupt...

This is awesome.... I like Shump but Burks is a player I have long said since the LaVine contract was matched by the bulls, that Burks could fill in in that role.

Utah's old play by play guy used to call him "Houdini", and u will see he is actually dynamic with the ball in his hands.

Burks is pretty big too i remember seeing him standing next to Troy Williams earlier this season,who's listed at 6'7" and Burks looked almost taller.. He's got a 6'10 wingspan and he's actually got combo guard skills and he's in a swingmans body..

Burks is legit. I hope we sign him in the offseason. This is great. We are the big winners of this trade. Shump did well but Burks can provide us extrafirepower.

Burks is super explosive too, sneaky, but he has thrown down several monstrous posters on peoples heads.

Cool thing about Burks is, when he's on, he's gets really locked in...

There's upside here... Burks has a lot of good basketball still to play.
Nice post! Making me like it more.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Right, I get that, but you lose the only guy we had that can hold his own defensively on the wing. I certainly don’t hate Burks, it’s just a little bit of a head scratcher if we don’t make another move.
Don't expect another move. The Kings are going to go out there trying to outscore their opponents, Warriors style and so be it.

ALEC BURKS OMG!!!!! I FREAKING LOVE ALEC BURKS..... This guy has had a lot of crapty luck he's really better than people realize.... U guys are gonna be most pleased with this cuz he is a dynamic offensive force, in fact when Burks is actually on he's rather difficult to disrupt...

This is awesome.... I like Shump but Burks is a player I have long said since the LaVine contract was matched by the bulls, that Burks could fill in in that role.

Utah's old play by play guy used to call him "Houdini", and u will see he is actually dynamic with the ball in his hands.

Burks is pretty big too i remember seeing him standing next to Troy Williams earlier this season,who's listed at 6'7" and Burks looked almost taller.. He's got a 6'10 wingspan and he's actually got combo guard skills and he's in a swingmans body..

Burks is legit. I hope we sign him in the offseason. This is great. We are the big winners of this trade. Shump did well but Burks can provide us extrafirepower.

Burks is super explosive too, sneaky, but he has thrown down several monstrous posters on peoples heads.

Cool thing about Burks is, when he's on, he's gets really locked in...

There's upside here... Burks has a lot of good basketball still to play.
I think this is likely the Kings logic. They wanted LaVine in the Summer and this is them trying to get LaVine light. A shooter/slasher who can create a shot on their own as part of the second unit.

Shumpert's contract is basically the same size as Burks'. We get a second round pick (wow, we really need more of those) and send a great defender and major chemistry guy out? I can't help but feel that Shumpert was no longer going to be starting at SF, and I have a hard time thinking that it's Burks that was replacing him. Another shoe to drop?
Totally agree. Although Peaches just pointed out on the radio that the 2nd from Cleveland could be a high pick. Almost like a a late 1st. That could hold some value.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Shump is not starter material, I like the swing for the fences move by Vlade here. Burks can handle the ball and spread the floor for Fox. If he doesn't work out, he's a free agent the same way Shump would of been.
Burks is a guy who I think could really thrive in our system. Like really, until now the best offense he was on was the pre-Mitchell Jazz and they weren't great. Defensively, he's not Shumpert but he's not horrible.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Shump provided great leadership off court. It's not that I don't like the possibility Burks might be better on court, it's just at what cost? For this to make sense, there has to be something bigger otherwise it's just jerking chemistry around.

I don't get it. I don't dislike Burks. I also don't dislike Shump. Iman is great for chemistry. Alec isn't a SF so that need is still apparent.

At first glance, it appears lateral from a talent standpoint and backwards from a chemistry standpoint. Even if you aren't resigning Shump, it was probably good to have him around for the playoff push.