Kings to throw, "NBA's greatest draft lottery party"

Gary

All-Star
It would be interesting if we got the number 1 pick if a Magoof would slip up and say who they were interested in.

pdxKingsFan

Hall of Famer
It would be interesting if we got the number 1 pick if a Magoof would slip up and say who they were interested in.
But with the top pick indicating who you pick could all be a ruse to get someone close to swap picks and sell the farm in the process. Or not.

i hope they don't end the party right after the pick. it was disappointing the years before when they had the 10th/12th pick. they basically stopped the video feed of the draft after our pick. i wanted to see who everybody else picked and chat with other nba fans. it'll be interesting to see who we pull at the top of the 2nd round also. who knows, petrie might pull some draft day trade(s).

you take Wall and move Evans to SG, work it out for a season, then make any trades necessary. Wall might even be better than Evans. Might.

96% odds of being top 5, though, so I wouldn't lose sleep over the 4% chance.
I would love it if there was only a 4% chance of the Kings getting screwed. However, theres a 30% chance that we get the 5-6th pick and seeing how this draft has a consensus top 4 we actually have a 30% chance of being screwed. 70% chance of getting a player we need is good odds though.

I would love it if there was only a 4% chance of the Kings getting screwed. However, theres a 30% chance that we get the 5-6th pick and seeing how this draft has a consensus top 4 we actually have a 30% chance of being screwed. 70% chance of getting a player we need is good odds though.
From what I was seeing in the mocks lately (see http://forums.kingsfans.com/showthread.php?t=37146 ), there's near consensus that 3, 4, and 5 will be (in one order or another) Favors, Cousins and Johnson. The only exception to the consensus is that about 14% of mocks put Aminu at #5 instead of Johnson. That may change of course, and Geoff might go his own way anyhow, but it gives us some sort of idea for the worst case draft scenario.

I'm not very excited about Johnson, and think that yet another semi-decent 6'7" combo guy is not what we need, but he seems like an okay talent as worst-case consolation prizes go. It's not like drafting Douby or something. And if he went earlier than #5... :D

Would be a nightmare if we were #5 or #6...

IMO the draft is 4 deep. #5 and on is a crapshoot, but I have a feeling if the Kings got the 5th or 6th pick we will be welcoming Cole Aldrich :mad:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Would be a nightmare if we were #5 or #6...

IMO the draft is 4 deep. #5 and on is a crapshoot, but I have a feeling if the Kings got the 5th or 6th pick we will be welcoming Cole Aldrich :mad:
At #5 or #6 the other thing that comes into play is possibly moving that pick for immediate help. Of course the backdrop there is that Geoff has never made that move before, o it would be breaking new ground.

Bc the consensus #1 pick seems to be Wall and the Kings already got Evans at PG.
I don't think that it's that much of a dilemma. We move Reke over to the 2 and have Wall at point then bring Beno off the bench. That sounds like a very good back court to me. What would you want in exchange for Wall?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I don't know about draft lottery parties. Sure, everyone wants a moment like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thTIYCXcx90, but it's dangerous building up that much and excitement when it's very possible that things can end very badly.

The advantage is now after getting Reke at #4 if we get #5-6 Gavin can grab the mike and say, hey, last year it looked grim too and we ended up drafting the ROY. Things are looking up, and we have the best drafter in the business yadda yadda.

The advantage is now after getting Reke at #4 if we get #5-6 Gavin can grab the mike and say, hey, last year it looked grim too and we ended up drafting the ROY. Things are looking up, and we have the best drafter in the business yadda yadda.
The possibility of Gavin grabbing the mike does not make for an advantage. :eek: