[Game] Kings @ Timberwolves - Monday, Dec. 17 - 5PT/8ET

Really? I'm amazingly not humiliated. I's a bad game. I can remember pretty bad games at times from THE TEAM. It happens, especially with the circumstances leading up to tonight. They damned near beat the Warriors, they did beat the Mavs and now they're in their third game in 4 nights (on the road) and they're tired. Had they not played the Warriors and Mavs leading up to this game, I doubt if we'd be seeing what we're seeing.

I agree 100% with you. It's easy when we've been playing so good to want to win every game and if we don't, to get mad about it, but we know that's not reality, and they are going to have tired nights where things just aren't clicking. I'm fine as well with losing tonight. Many times blowout loses like this are good for a growing team, because it makes them realize they do have weaknesses and they can learn and grow from this. Even with a loss, we are still 2 games above 500, so I'm fine with it......... You won't see 2 games like this in a row, that I can guarantee. All I ask is that the team stay at least .500 until the end of the season, and I think the team is capable of that.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I’d honestly rather lose a game like this than the GS debacle.

I’m just laughing at the inept play instead of raging at what could have/should have been.

Probably not now, but they weren't down 50, or even 30 at that point. Usually, even Joerger gives it another shot. Actually this is about as un-Joerger as you can get. He's the coach that will stick with a failing unit after a time out and give them a few more plays to work it out.
I think he realizes these guys are now starting to get to another level....less about teaching a young team lessons at this point and more about doing what he sees as best for a team in contention for the playoffs this year.

I’d honestly rather lose a game like this than the GS debacle.

I’m just laughing at the inept play instead of raging at what could have/should have been.
I respectively disagree. I would rather watch our team play well - which they did against the Warriors - than play like trash. Again I am not fretting that we are having an off night, but I would rather be entertained than bored.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I really liked Joerger's decision to put in the C team so early. I'd enjoy this game much less if he waited until the late third quarter.
I'm surprised that Thibs is playing his starters so much.
1- Thibs is an ass
2- Thibs is going to run his starters into the ground again.
3- Thibs playing his starters way too many minutes led to D-Rose breaking in the first place.
4- If one of his starters gets hurt in this blowout, it's his fault.

You folks just don’t get the game plan the coach is using.
Throw all of our bench players at them in the first half and tire the opposing team out and install our starters back in in the 3rd quarter and come back and win

Because the comment in question was blown up by random people on the internet who only bothered looking at the text of a short excerpt of a larger statement without bothering to listen to the audio and then randomly proliferated to float whatever the hell narratives people care for.

That may well be, but my post still didn't remotely state an opinion so there was no "due respect" needed.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I respectively disagree. I would rather watch our team play well - which they did against the Warriors - than play like trash. Again I am not fretting that we are having an off night, but I would rather be entertained than bored.
I’m an ultra-sore loser when it goes down like it did. I hate it so much. Lol

Do you want Mason and Ben to get good contracts in China or not?

As for the rest of the team, reality checks are good every now and then. Go thru this and next time you won't come out looking like you were hitting the clubs till 5 AM.

Dude, there are two headlines you can expect after this one. "Frank Mason and Ben McLemore's contracts extended", and "Dave Joerger Fired". Take that to the bank.

Can you imagine the TWolves fan if the Kings do manage to come back and win this? I doubt if Thibs would make it out of the arena alive.
I see what you did there....trying to sneek in a little optimism post that we can all look back on in a few years (“remember when VF21 made that crazy halftime statement of that miraculous comeback in Minnesota?”)