[Game] Kings @ Timberwolves - Monday, Dec. 17 - 5PT/8ET

The most bothersome thing from a play point of view was the regression to dribbling and hunting for threes. This is what bothered me about the Warriors game. The offensive attack became one dimensional and they started settling/hunting for threes rather than cut, drive, etc. for the best shot.

Threes out of drive, kick and swings are different than meandering around the perimeter and trying stepbacks. Bogi is the most guilty of this and he's also the one struggling lately. Got to be dynamic on offense.
I think there has been a conscious effort to increase the 3pt attempts. Seems like it started with the last Minnesota game at home. When they are falling, it’s a thing of beauty; however, you can die by it. Analytics say to keep shooting, and it is the right statistical play; however, I’m personally not a big fan. The least enjoyable offense I’ve watched this year is the bucks. I’m not sure how they could get me uninterested in watching the Greek freak, but I can’t stand watching Lopez hoisting them nonstop.

Guys if you want the Kings to compete for the playoffs this year, it's going to have to be Koufos over Giles.

I'm still really excited about HG but he's a long ways away from playing winning basketball. You can see the flashes there but he would cost the Kings a handful of games this year if they gave him Koufos' minutes.
Kosta looks like he’s regressed a bit, even from last year. When we need beef, I’d have him. Otherwise I might give Skal some of the 4th big minutes.

Kosta looks like he’s regressed a bit, even from last year. When we need beef, I’d have him. Otherwise I might give Skal some of the 4th big minutes.
No no no no no.

That's not how this works, that's not how any of this works. Kosta is at #1 interior defender and every team in the league knows it, and that is the already the weakest aspect of our team. Interior D, specifically interior defense on the the road. All we have to do is shore that up and we are essentially a default playoff team. That is the huge revelation about this season.

Last edited:
No no no no no.

That's not how this works, that's not how any of this works. Kosta is at #1 interior defender and every team in the league knows it.
Justin Jackson's shot is starting to look good, Yogi played admirably, nice to see what Giles and Skal have been up to, Ben is atrocious, Williams at least gives it his all, everyone else was just tired as hell.
It is amazing what little became of Ben's career considering how good he looked coming out of college. He doesn't even have that form on his jumper anymore. Sad. The NBA is hard.

Dang I guess I overslept the game tonight, what the heck happened tonight why Fox only played like 6 minutes tonight? At the start I thought he got injured, but thank god all starting lineup except Buddy played less or around 10 minutes.

Some don't realize the drop-off we'd see if Skal or GIles got the run instead of Koufos. Currently:

49th in DRPM overall
121st RPM
.101 WS/48
2.7 DBPM
51% TS
Has a net On/off of +11.5
18.6% TRB (would be 17th in the NBA if he had the minutes to qualify.)

Dude is giving us starter level production, doesn't complain about his minutes/offensive role and knows exactly how to be the best version of himself on the floor. My only real compliant is he's missing a lot of easy shots this season that he's made in previous years. Which matters a lot since that's essentially the only offensive contribution he gives other than being solid at setting screens.

Some don't realize the drop-off we'd see if Skal or GIles got the run instead of Koufos. Currently:

49th in DRPM overall
121st RPM
.101 WS/48
2.7 DBPM
51% TS
Has a net On/off of +11.5
18.6% TRB (would be 17th in the NBA if he had the minutes to qualify.)

Dude is giving us starter level production, doesn't complain about his minutes/offensive role and knows exactly how to be the best version of himself on the floor. My only real compliant is he's missing a lot of easy shots this season that he's made in previous years. Which matters a lot since that's essentially the only offensive contribution he gives other than being solid at setting screens.
If Giles really has SF lateral speed would like to see him guard a 4 on the perimeter more than a 5.

The Kings checked out in the first half. They gave up what 74 points?
Then they came out in the third and played defense. Big difference. They turn their defense off and on like a water faucet.
Okay the Kings play fast and 3 games in 4 nights is going to be tough. Tough is okay. Giving up and waving a white flag is not acceptable.
The Kings were out scored in the paint in the first half something like 20-6. There is your ballgame.

Ben is in the wrong league. Skal is too.