[Game] Kings @ Thunder - 3/18/17 - 12PT/3ET

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The last two games were fun. This one should be interesting, if only to see how much damage Russell Westbrook and Co. can do to the psyche of our young Kings.

The mascot of OKC is Rumble the Bison, whose name derives from the sound thunder makes.

upload_2017-3-16_22-52-53.png

Aside from Slamson, Rumble is one of my favorite mascots. His interaction with the fans is a lot like our favorite lion, which is possibly why Rumble won the NBA Mascot of the Year award in 2009. Incidentally, I think Slamson is long overdue for recognition by the NBA for everything he does.

Once again, it'll be about heart and hustle, energy and enthusiasm. It'll be about assessing the potential of the kids, and maybe taking a last look or two at the veterans who most likely won't be coming back. For some, it will be about protecting those potential draft picks. I'll be honest...we're on the road so I really won't care if we lose, provided we lose because we're simply not as good as the Thunder and not because we don't want to win.

I'd like to see Malachi back sooner rather than later. Give the future players of the Kings a chance to start to gel, to learn as much as they can about either other without too much stress.

I hate early games BTW. Traditionally, I just don't recall us ever doing well in matinees on the road.

#GoKings

An early game tonight!
A fan has got to do
what a fan has got to do...
I_want_you_SAC_Kings_ICON.jpg
Predictions are ON for Kings game #69:
On the road vs the Thunder, Saturday 3/18, 12pm

Predictions are accepted HERE until tip-off (in less than 2 hours).
Just follow the link to the thread, and post the exact game result.
Prediction game stats:
List of all predictors in order of appearance:
And to you, prediction rookies... :D It's never too late to start...
(Look at @Glenn, who started a couple of
weeks ago, and is now among the March
Monthly Leaders, as seen here, below).
20170318_190049.png

@carmichaeldave, @Mr. S£im Citrus, @Warhawk, @6th, @9x1x6, @AL/kfan, @Albatros, @allrightthen, @Amit149, @andjel, @Arkitect, @arusinov, @BamBam52, @Bibby10AZ, @Big Cuz 15, @biltalent, @BLNINJA #81, @Boogie_Fever, @Bruiser62906, @bsegers, @Castasic, @Chicken Chaser, @Chubbs, @Crabwalk, @CuzistanKing, @Darr_Vader, @datamanwes, @DC222, @Deb M @deki, @DesertFox, @Dime Dropper, @Double-K, @dude12, @east_sac, @EJF, @Elise10, @ElRey, @Entity, @ESP47, @fansinceday1 @Fannie Dwest, @Flopi, @ForlornKing, @funkykingston, @giantking1355, @Gilles, @glassman , @Gliesian, @GoSACtown, @Gtronic, @Hansel, @Heuge, @HereWeBoogie, @HighFlyingMonkey, @HndsmCelt, @Hoovtrain, @Howard, @hrdboild, @Iced Espresso, @IfAt1st, @ikon_zero, @itzcoatl, @jcassio, @jcwkings, @Jeremy Fraser, @Jimbob, @Jkbiker, @John Galt, @Jora Wala, @Joshoua, @k_dubb90, @kennadog, @King in England, @kingdivac , @KingMilz, @KingsCitizen, @kingsfan1984, @KingsFan80, @Kingsfan91, @KingsFanGER, @Kingsfan_GER , @Kingsroots, @Lammy, @Larry89, @Livinthedream, @Lopes, @LPKingsFan,@mac, @macadocious, @Mass, @MassachusettsKingsFan, @Merdiesel, @miltonap, @MizzouKing, @nebs, @nofun, @One and Done,@OnYouLikeGlue, @OptimusRhyme, @Oscar, @Padrino, @pdizo916, @pdxKingsFan, @piksi, @ppine, @pshn80, @R2D2, @rainmaker, @randymoss1881, @RaY Z, @Revrag, @roasthawg, @RX-8, @Sac.1989, @Sac.Kings, @SacKings384, @sactownfan, @SacTownGrantFan, @SacTownKid, @Sam0ah, @SCKingsfan, @sdballer, @ShastaKingsFan, @Section 101, @sidney, @Siranthony, @slashing4, @Sluggah, @speedwagon, @spok22s, @steelevt, @swisshh, @TaxMan, @The Effort Police, @The_Jamal, @TruckeeKingsFan, @twslam07, @Tyndel, @upinsmoke, @White_Chocolate, @whoopdeedoo, @whozit and @Woogie.

Last edited:

Glenn

Hall of Famer
An early game tonight!
A fan has got to do
what a fan has got to do...
Predictions are ON for Kings game #69:
On the road vs the Thunder, Saturday 3/18, 12pm

Predictions are accepted HERE until tip-off (in less than 2 hours).
Just follow the link to the thread, and post the exact game result.

List of all predictors in order of appearance:

And to you, prediction rookies... :D It's never too late to start...
(Look at @Glenn, who started a couple of
weeks ago, and is now among the March
Monthly Leaders, as seen here, below).
View attachment 6590
I think it is hilarious that I am within striking distance of the game freaking master, Telemachus. I am proud to say that I knew him when he was a young twerp.

I've never been to Oklahoma but Buddy has spent the better part of 4 years there. Hope they treat him royally. If nothing else exciting was going on in the game I can see his teammates trying to feed him. Have fun guys and Kayte.

Is Lieberman still an assistant on this team? I see her listed on the website but don't see her at the games?

Part of the reason Skal might not be able to start is because Willie still needs to transition to being a full time 5 without Koufos in there.

Joerger just said the Thunder getting Taj/Doug was the wisest move at the deadline? He says some things. The other day he said something about hating the fact that Chris's is doing well in the Bee, sarcasm doesn't come across in print

Steven Adams looks like Russell Brand

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Is Lieberman still an assistant on this team? I see her listed on the website but don't see her at the games?

Part of the reason Skal might not be able to start is because Willie still needs to transition to being a full time 5 without Koufos in there.

Joerger just said the Thunder getting Taj/Doug was the wisest move at the deadline? He says some things. The other day he said something about hating the fact that Chris's is doing well in the Bee, sarcasm doesn't come across in print

Steven Adams looks like Russell Brand
Lieberman is on extended personal leave taking care of her mother.