Kings @ Spurs Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
On December 17th 2002 Kings beat Suns @ ARCO 95 - 86 to improve to a solid 21-6. Webber lead the kings 27/12/4 Bobby had 19 and JJ had 11 of the bench Vlade had 4/12/7. Kings took a 12 point lead in the first and never loked back.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kings 10-13 had their 2 streaks snapped by a Pistons team that is from another planet compared to Kings that were tired but still outmatched on pretty much every possesion. Tonight @ Spurs will not get any easier but with couple days rest maybe we can hang around and get lucky.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still no trades which should have been expected considering the way GP operates. If it happenes it will be "unexpected" in several ways. We can't really "worry" too much about it. Basketball is still to be played and Kings have to continue to improve and win games in the process. For some of You who wait for Pedja to be traded since the summer 2004 - You just might get disappointed in the future as unrealistic as it seams to be at the moment.
Been watching other teams play and realized while our bench has not been "steller" or even satisfying - there are worse benches in this league than ours. However - I have yet to see a team that is worse in rebounding or stopping opponents penetration (unathletic). We just can't fix this with what we have on the roster. Also every team out there (even the worst) look like they have some kind of defensive strategy other than "pray for a miss and pray harder that the rebound falls into Your hand" which we have perfected over the last couple seasons.
Well, we have Pistons out of our way. We will not see them again this season. Chauncy will sure miss us. He is the new honorary member of "Kings Killer Society."(the list is long and You all know them all). Pistons toyed with us the same way we used to toy with teams in th good "old" days. Tired or not - we never really had a chance. Bench showed signs of life mainy because they got some minutes to burn.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are Spurs going to be easier or harder ? Does it really matter ? If Manu doesn't play we may look better here. Spurs are the collection of Kings killers. Scary. Still, they might have a bad shooting night which is pretty much our only shot to have a chance of winning. We can always blame it on Finley ( I know - I will). Everything is possible. Hawks won again tonight and even LA Kobes might still lose ( one can hope - right )
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike - Paul, Jaric, Billups - is Parker the next ? (rethorical)
Pedja - in his 7 seasons Pedja managed to beat Bowen only once last season when the Kings won against the Spurs. Is this a leap year ? (also rethorical)
Brad - Will Rasho be the man again ? Can Brad hit the layups that he will get ?
SAR - Can he matter in this game ? Can he outrebound Pedja ?
Bonzi - what else can we ask him to do ?
Bench - can they give us enough to have a chance ? Can Hart avoid dumb turnovers ? Can Garcia take a good shot ? Can Marting find a key for the dog house ? Can Skinner get more minutes ? (rethorical) Can KT have a good night ?
RA - Does he have any aces in his sleave ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Much easier to ist the "couple players who did not have the "pleasure" of having a career game against Kings. Oberto, Marks, Mohammed, Udrich - everybody else had already hurt us at least once.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Audaces fortuna iuvat

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
piksi said:
On December 17th 2002 Kings beat Suns @ ARCO 95 - 86 to improve to a solid 21-6. Webber lead the kings 27/12/4 Bobby had 19 and JJ had 11 of the bench Vlade had 4/12/7. Kings took a 12 point lead in the first and never loked back.
Kings 10-13 had their 2 streaks snapped by a Pistons team that is from another planet compared to Kings that were tired but still outmatched on pretty much every possesion. Tonight @ Spurs will not get any easier but with couple days rest maybe we can hang around and get lucky.
Still no trades which should have been expected considering the way GP operates. If it happenes it will be "unexpected" in several ways. We can't really "worry" too much about it. Basketball is still to be played and Kings have to continue to improve and win games in the process. For some of You who wait for Pedja to be traded since the summer 2004 - You just might get disappointed in the future as unrealistic as it seams to be at the moment.
Been watching other teams play and realized while our bench has not been "steller" or even satisfying - there are worse benches in this league than ours. However - I have yet to see a team that is worse in rebounding or stopping opponents penetration (unathletic). We just can't fix this with what we have on the roster. Also every team out there (even the worst) look like they have some kind of defensive strategy other than "pray for a miss and pray harder that the rebound falls into Your hand" which we have perfected over the last couple seasons.
Well, we have Pistons out of our way. We will not see them again this season. Chauncy will sure miss us. He is the new honorary member of "Kings Killer Society."(the list is long and You all know them all). Pistons toyed with us the same way we used to toy with teams in th good "old" days. Tired or not - we never really had a chance. Bench showed signs of life mainy because they got some minutes to burn.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are Spurs going to be easier or harder ? Does it really matter ? If Manu doesn't play we may look better here. Spurs are the collection of Kings killers. Scary. Still, they might have a bad shooting night which is pretty much our only shot to have a chance of winning. We can always blame it on Finley ( I know - I will). Everything is possible. Hawks won again tonight and even LA Kobes might still lose ( one can hope - right )
Pedja - in his 7 seasons Pedja managed to beat Bowen only once last season when the Kings won against the Spurs. Is this a leap year ? (also rethorical)
Bench - can they give us enough to have a chance ? Can Hart avoid dumb turnovers ? Can Garcia take a good shot ? Can Marting find a key for the dog house ? Can Skinner get more minutes ? (rethorical) Can KT have a good night ?
RA - Does he have any aces in his sleave ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Much easier to ist the "couple players who did not have the "pleasure" of having a career game against Kings. Oberto, Marks, Mohammed, Udrich - everybody else had already hurt us at least once.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Audaces fortuna iuvat
I don't know, after watching Philly tonight and the last couple of games, they may be just as inadequate as we are in these areas.

piksi said:
Harsh, but true. We've arrived into the land of piksimism. Welcome. Make yourself comfortable.

kingsfan916 said:
WE need to win this game
Can we agree to not say this anymore? A team that isn't going anywhere doesn't need to win anything. If we were to turn around the season, this game could be a jumping off point. But you'll notice the Spurs, Pistons, even the struggling Heat don't have must win games, because if they lose one, they can easily rally off 5 straight. What we NEED is to play consistent basketball for the remainder of the season and magically become a better team. We don't need this game in any sort of way- what the hell would happen if we did win? I'd feel warm and fuzzy for about a day, after we lost to the Hornets. Maybe 3 or 4 days, until we started to skid again. One game, 2 games, 3 games don't matter. We need a great month, at least, to make this season begin to look respectable.

eislerain said:
This should be a good night for our bench. I'm predicting a couple blocks from Brian Skinner.
I am hoping we can get a good or decent performance from the bench.. this game depends on every member of the team being focused and hungry to get a victory

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
No lose game here tongiht -- its been marked as a loss since before the season began, let alone after we actually got a look at this new Kings squad. +Manu is hurt and a few other guys banged up, so who knows. So if we lose, no big deal. Its expected. If we win, its a nice unexpected boost.

Gosh, feels like a quote about the Kings mentality in 1995. ;)

Last edited:
O

ONEZERO

Damn brick, me and you be up at the same time... Only difference is you prolly got ur sleep and is up early where as I haven't slept yet.... Some body kill me

Kings better win or........

Finley is BACK..

he dropped 21 on the Twolves Fri night.

I am not expectting anything much in this game. We need one more to have our .500 sucessfull road trip and I say why not try and steal one here. A win tonight would really lift the Kings nation spirits.

Status
Not open for further replies.