[Game] Kings @ Spurs, Friday July 31, 5 PM PT

dude12

Hall of Famer
Kings with an awful first quarter followed by an electric 2nd quarter.......if Fox can play this way in the second half it’s a win. A win I say.

Problem is before helping off the corners, Spurs were getting everything they wanted in the paint. I think they should help off the corners but the rotation to the corners has to be quicker.
Corey Joseph isn't going to stop anyone at the rim. Even Fox is going to be a 95% not likely. They're helping at the rim instead of just pressuring. Providing pressure or a presence is useful but sticking a guard at the rim is pointless. At least Yogi isn't in the rotation anymore. Now him being under the rim was just plain insane.

Spurs surprisingly not knowing that Bogi's a subpar perimeter defender while being a very good post defender is probably a good indication that they aren't really taking this playoff race all that seriously.
If it were me I'd simply take a look at his body. He's built similarly to Ron Artest. Wide shoulders, long arms and shorter legs. Low center of gravity + strength + long arms is more work than you need to be putting in. Yeah, and like you are saying, they should use the post up to get position, spin out of it back to a face up and they might take him.

It'll be interesting to see if he goes back with the starters in the 3rd. To his credit he did go to Bjelica in the post on the first look, but they went away from it. If he's playing big vs. small, exploit the mismatch. If it doesn't work, move along.

Corey Joseph isn't going to stop anyone at the rim. Even Fox is going to be a 95% not likely. They're helping at the rim instead of just pressuring. Providing pressure or a presence is useful but sticking a guard at the rim is pointless. At least Yogi isn't in the rotation anymore. Now him being under the rim was just plain insane.
I felt like it was pretty effective. Gay, Derozan, Murray, White, everyone were just driving to the hoop and laying it in. I thought the help and rotations prevented that, but the secondary help needs to be faster.

I felt like it was pretty effective. Gay, Derozan, Murray, White, everyone were just driving to the hoop and laying it in. I thought the help and rotations prevented that, but the secondary help needs to be faster.
If you give teams open corner 3's like they were your chances of getting a gift basket from the opposing coach is off the charts.

If you give teams open corner 3's like they were your chances of getting a gift basket from the opposing coach is off the charts.
Right, which is why there needs to be secondary help. I thought it was effective and it helped the Kings get stops as a whole, especially when the Kings showed they couldn't guard their man one on one. We'll have to agree to disagree lol