[Game] Kings @ Spurs, 3/31/2021, 5:30 pm PST, 8:30pm EST

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
It's been a long time since I actually cared about the outcome of the game enough to remember why playing the Spurs sucks. They're that kid that pushes you from behind then cries at the nearest adult when you step to them. I like how Pop runs the offense but I could do without all that diving to the floor to sell contact. Got to give them credit for completely shutting down one of the hottest scorers in the league for half the game though.

Not overly concerned. Fox, Buddy and Barnes didn't have it tonight and we shot 31% from 3. We just aren't going to win if all 3 of those guys can't score.

Kings got the split, this game was just gravy. Important to see how they respond vs the Lakers without Davis and Bron.
Not too concerned by the loss, per se, but disappointed they didn't show better.

"Just gravy"? Spurs are one of the teams that have what the Kings are chasing. They can't afford to split games with the few teams just ahead of them in the standings. A split is good for the Spurs, not the Kings.

Not overly concerned. Fox, Buddy and Barnes didn't have it tonight and we shot 31% from 3. We just aren't going to win if all 3 of those guys can't score.

Kings got the split, this game was just gravy. Important to see how they respond vs the Lakers without Davis and Bron.
Not just that - we were missing point blank layups while DeRozan was hitting every midrange he put up. Just one of those nights. Fox ended up with 20 points but half of that was just us forcing it to him and praying he could make a layup.

Not just that - we were missing point blank layups while DeRozan was hitting every midrange he put up. Just one of those nights. Fox ended up with 20 points but half of that was just us forcing it to him and praying he could make a layup.
It was play-off basketball. The Spurs made adjustments and we couldn’t respond. Not the end of the world and certainly a better game than the Cavs game even though we lost.

The Spurs completely took away the Haliburton/Holmes pick and roll. Hali went from 10 assists to 2 assists. The guys we got for 2nd round picks looked like guys you would get for 2nd round picks. They made it hard for Fox to get to the rim and forced outside shots. It happens as they are a well coached team that knows how to take away what you do well.

It was a great learning experience for both Haliburton and Fox and they will get better. I absolutely love Richaun but they took away what he does well and he doesn’t really have a pick and pop option. We have two very good young guards who will grow. Do we have the other pieces to make the play-offs remains to be seen.

Not too concerned by the loss, per se, but disappointed they didn't show better.

"Just gravy"? Spurs are one of the teams that have what the Kings are chasing. They can't afford to split games with the few teams just ahead of them in the standings. A split is good for the Spurs, not the Kings.
The Kings also aren't going to win every game the rest of the season. Bench showed good signs and Holmes/Hali were both solid as usual. Spurs are also one of the better defensive teams in basketball, so the fact we were able to put the beat-down on them in game 1 was a good sign.

It's been a long time since I actually cared about the outcome of the game enough to remember why playing the Spurs sucks. They're that kid that pushes you from behind then cries at the nearest adult when you step to them. I like how Pop runs the offense but I could do without all that diving to the floor to sell contact. Got to give them credit for completely shutting down one of the hottest scorers in the league for half the game though.
I could also do without the constant music they play during the game in their arena. It's one of those things I don't notice at first but by the end of the game I'm annoyed at all the manufactured noise.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Spurs, warriors and pelicans all losing today softens the blow of last nights lost a bit. Just need to beat the lakers tomorrow. Not only to help with seeding, but just because they’re the lakers.
Bogi finally helped the Kings postseason chances by having possibly the most efficient night of his career against the Spurs who looked exhausted by the end of the game.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Dish dropped NBC sports california so I can't watch anyway :mad:
Infuriating, isn’t it?!

When did that happen? I hadn’t heard about it.

I’ve always had DTV. Funny thing is, for the first year or two the new network was out — Dish had it and DTV didn’t.
As of yesterday. I even didn’t learn of it until a couple weeks ago because of a post on Reddit. Then they started airing “You’re losing your channels” commercials like a week back.

But don’t worry. I complained on Twitter and they responded and happily forwarded my concerns. I’m sure the dish director of programming took my venting very seriously.

Two weeks ago, after 21 years with Dish, I dumped them.

DirectTV sure has a lot of sports from all over the country. The interface and DVR have some faults but at least I get sports - much more.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I'm in the same position. Can't watch the games for now. Hard to figure why they would do this
You didn’t read dish’s release? Sports channels are an antiquated system that not everyone watches. In fact, only a vast minority watch them and it’s just silly to pay the cost of the channels vs the amount of people that watch them.

It’s so obvious, I’m shocked sports channels are carried by anyone!

You didn’t read dish’s release? Sports channels are an antiquated system that not everyone watches. In fact, only a vast minority watch them and it’s just silly to pay the cost of the channels vs the amount of people that watch them.

Did they really say that? Obviously not everybody watches anything. That's the point of having so many channel choices.
Oh well. I'll probably go back to Direct

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

If anything, the future of sports TV is probably a model close to what WWE has done with Peacock. Really surprised it took Dish this long to pull the plug.