Kings @ Sonics Game Thread (early edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
we can talk all we want about predictions and expectations, but the bottom line is that the kings need to start playing with some intensity. i hope they caught some of the denver-SA game yesterday, and the houston-dallas game tonight. all the players in those games are playing their hearts out. its playoff basketball at its finest. the kings need to play with this same kinda fire. if mike bibby goes 5-15 tomorrow, oh well....as long as he plays with some intensity. i dont wanna see any more downtrodden faces. these guys gotta regain their swagger.

and i expect they will.

tommorrow, tommorrow. i'm pumped for this one. NO WAY bibby and bobby will combine to go 1-23 agian. NOT happening.

jerome james can do whatever the **** he wants, i'd rather he be taking 20 shots then lewis, or ray getting some of those extra shots. and he's not shaq. cat is right, serisouly, he's not shaq.

i'd rather the scrubs be taking most of the shots.

peja had a nice game, that must continue, but i'd like to see him get his butt to the line where he is automatic. kings as a team must get to the line since evans in a foul machine. the sonics won the game at the free throw line, they had like 15 or 20 more attempts, the kings gotta even that out.

i think the kings can and will win game 2.

I just want them to play this game already, we shot bad , we had a chance to win and we didnt, Bibby is gonna have a good game, Bobby too, Brad looked great, Tag will get his mins now, and we will win game 2. Remember, the game turned when we started to double Lewis more, he became lost, he didnt know what to do with a double team on him, keep that up, add Tag and Miller and we have the upper hand now.

I still believe Kings can win this series no matter what will happen tonight

N.U.F.A.N. said:
This game will determine the winner of the series. If sonics win this, Kings lose the whole thing. If Kings win this, Kings are in the drivers seat.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
N.U.F.A.N. said:
This game will determine the winner of the series. If sonics win this, Kings lose the whole thing. If Kings win this, Kings are in the drivers seat.
No offense, but bull-bleep.

It isn't a best 2 out of 3 series. It's a 4 out of 7 series. IF the Sonics win tomorrow and the Kings win the next two at Arco, then it basically becomes a best of three series.

I cannot agree that tomorrow's game will determine anything, especially if it's a well-played and close game.

I actually get to see it live!! YEA!!! We cannot let them get out to such a strong start tonite. We have to come out ready to play in the first second, not 5 minutes later. I hope it's not too close, my heart can't take that much excitement. All our fans should have undergone heart surgery by now, cheering on this team.

I think it is very clear how much miller is needed to win this series. If tag gives some decent effort with rebounding and scoring some baskets , we should win this series. Bibby always has one bad game in every series , glad he got it out in game 1 . Peja is looking very good , he need 25-30 every night from him to win games .

It would be nice to see Evans. I think he earned some playing time in the playoffs. The kings can use his athletic ability. He can rebound and even shoot a little. But he is the victim of the Rich Adelman school of playoff rotation. I feel good about this game. First, the Kings played probably the worst game they will play in the playoffs. The Kings shot about 38% and still was in position to win the game. Adaelman has to play tag more tonight, and play him early. He can bang with the sonics big men. Brad and Tag on the floor at the same time should be used more often. I think if coach puts in tag earlier in game 1, we win that game. The kings needs this game. I think they will win by 10 :D

P

PejaFor3

I wont get home from work til about 8:30 :(
I'm going to miss most the first half.
Oh well, I'll be on the net at work :D

I would say that it is silly and "fanboyish" to say that we are so much better than the Sonics as one of the earlier posters did. That is clearly not the case this year. At best I think this is a pretty even matchup given the trades/injuries/etc. that we have gone through this year. If everyone was 100% healthy, I would give the Kings a slight edge.

And as for the other poster claiming that it is all over if the Kings lose tonight...that is also ridiculous. Many people say that the real series does not even begin until somone wins a game on the road. If they lose tonight, then the series will have progressed as it is supposed to go.

As for this being the worst team we have played in the playoffs in recent memory, I think the Utah team we beat a couple of years ago as well as the Phoenix team were probably not as good as this team.

piksi said:
Well, we decided to skip game 2 and go straight to game 37 ina best of 05 series :rolleyes:
piksi darlin, i love your sacarsm.

that was a really good pre-game post. i agree with pretty much all you've said.

we talked about mobley being not consistent, but alderman is probably as inconsistent in his coaching. we've been him do better.
i hope peja gets more shots than he had. bibby's lost doug and chris but he still got peja, who knows, maybe we'll see them actually working together?

only 6 hours to the game now, bring it on.

GO GET THEM KINGS!

VF21 said:
No offense, but bull-bleep.

It isn't a best 2 out of 3 series. It's a 4 out of 7 series. IF the Sonics win tomorrow and the Kings win the next two at Arco, then it basically becomes a best of three series.

I cannot agree that tomorrow's game will determine anything, especially if it's a well-played and close game.
I agree, the theory is a series doesn't really start until a team loses a home game. However going back home 0-2 there will be alot of pressure to tie It up and then go back to the key arena and sneak one. Sonics are a great road team so I feel more confident than we can steal one on the road, even with a loss tonight. Hopfully both teams shoot better tonight.

OK, look. I'm a bit drunk right now from a company excursion to the River Cats game, but let me break it down here nonetheless:

All of us, expect for those with way too unrealistic expectations, realize that this team isn't going to do much of anything in the playoffs this year. In fact, any series win they get could be considered a marginal success, all things considered.

For the sake of a GOOD SERIES...let the Kings win this game tonight. If nothing else, we can participate in a series with some excitement to it. We also give ourselves a great chance to take a series that fortune smiled upon us with- if not for realignment last year, we'd be facing off against Dallas right now...and we're not playing anywhere near as well as Houston is.

Tonight is the night. Let's make a series of it, and take it a step at a time. Take this game, and take command.

Just because big things aren't expected doesn't mean they can't happen.

Bibby just said he was going to do whatever it takes to win and he looked more focused then he did in the first game. I think he's going to come out balling.

P

PejaFor3

I'm gonna leave work early for this woooo
be home towards the end of the 1st around 8pm hopefully
woooo!

LOL I just told my 2 boys...If you don't have --KEYWORD BEING-- clean underwear on the head... No watching the game...

(BTW I think clean has a better affect to break a jinx then the "MARKED" up ones)

P

PejaFor3

anyone have a game time starting report? any new injuries? anyone more improved and feeling better *cough* (brad miller)
will adelman let miller play a good 30 tonight? (please!)

PejaFor3 said:
anyone have a game time starting report? any new injuries? anyone more improved and feeling better *cough* (brad miller)
will adelman let miller play a good 30 tonight? (please!)
Miller in a radio clip did say he would be playing more than 8 minutes, definitely double digit minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.