Kings @ Sixers Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Kings-Lakers-Fan said:
If you look at it in a way, Pedja not playing can be a good thing. This will allow more mintues to the new guy and the new "promoted" bench players to show their stuff. Our top guy is out, so now we gota see some evidence that GP has pulled of another "miracle" trade.
Our top guy is playing tonight. He's the one wearing the #10.

piksi

Hall of Famer
VF21 said:
piksi - Webber is gone. You can quit hating him now and finding ways to criticize him. This isn't about Webber. It isn't about Webber vs. Pedja. It's about Pedja and what HE needs to do if he wants to walk the walk. He said a nice bunch of platitudes but it's gonna take more than that. He needs to WALK THE WALK. He needs to support his team and he needs to show that he really wants to be a part of it all.
my response has noting to do with "hating Webber."

So with Pedja out, who do you think will start in his place? Mo Evans or Thomas? Thomas never had a practice yet with the kings so you would expect him to be lost in the system. On the same note will Webber start for his new team?

Should be a nice emotional start to the game. Been a tough week for the Kings (and all of us) :)

Not sure what to expect in this game at all. A solid win today is what we need.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Will Webber start? Of course he'll start. He's a STARTER, a triple-double threat any given night, etc. Why wouldn't he start?

piksi

Hall of Famer
VF21 said:
Will Webber start? Of course he'll start. He's a STARTER, a triple-double threat any given night, etc. Why wouldn't he start?

Additionally, they have nobody else on that position left anyways

VF21 said:
Corliss could actually start. He knows the Princeton offense. He's been on our team before, remember?
I never thought of that, but that is a good idea. The other interesting thing is will either, Kenny thomas or D-Song starts? If Kenny starts this is the line-up:

C - Brad Miller
PF- Kenny Thomas
SF - Corliss Williamson
SG - Cuttino Mobley
PG - Mike Bibby

Pretty good line-up, but we will know the truth starting today.

VF21 said:
The Kings need Pedja in uniform on the bench showing he is a part of the team, not sitting behind the bench with his chin in his hand looking as though he'd rather be somewhere/anywhere else. Period.

So he doesn't play - or just plays a few minutes. He needs to play. He doesn't have to start. He could simply come off the bench for a few minutes to help spell the new guys, etc.

Everyone said Webber could have come off the bench, although he didn't, and they were very critical of him for not being willing to do that. Why the different attitude over Pedja?

He needs to be a part of this team NOT apart from it.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

VF21 said:
Pedja is NOT going to play tonight from all reports. He is not going to play tomorrow either. He MAY be able to play next month in the games against either Orlando or Charlotte.
Pedja wants to give 100% on his return game. Bobcat is a smart choice, Pedja!

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I'll cut Pedja a litle slack on the decision not to play. Repepber wearetalking about a pulled/sore ham string. If it getts reagravated he could be out a lot longer.But yeah I'd like to see him in uni, sitting with the team and showing support.

You also have to remember that Pedja was likely affected by his injuries in the previous games. (i.e. the ones where he just disappeared from). So if thats going to be the case tonight, where he uses up a bunch of minutes, takes a bunch of shots with very little return, other guys should get his playtime. I think its best that he take these days off, come back to 100% 2003-2004 form, and finish the rest of the season being the all star player he is (and stop making excuses and really bring 110% of his game everynight).

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
He NEEDS to show solidarity with the team whether he actually plays a significant amount of time or not. The longer he stays out of uniform the harder it's going to be. All he has to do is suit up and be honest with Adelman why he's doing it.

He needs to do it now.

The team is healing, rebonding, assimilating new members into the fold, etc. Bobby and Erik CAN'T suit up. Pedja can and he needs to, just to show he's part of the team.

When you lose a family member, which is what this most closely resembles, the remaining family members close ranks and they often times find their ties and bonds strengthened. Pedja has to be a part of that or the isolation he was reported to have felt before will be even worse.

I only hope this game can bring me some closure. I hope C-Webb plays well, but it's always Kings first. Hope Corliss and Kenny can find a rythm, no matter what we can't give up in the middle of the season, it's the Kings we are talking about here! With this team you never know who will step up. RA will be able to keep the ship afloat... Why? Because he always has in the past. Lets go Kings!

^ -Very good points VF21, in a time when leader after leader is replaced (Divac, Webber) we need someone to step up and show that they will be on that bench supporting their team no matter what (even if they don't play). But on the same note I doubt Pedja will do this, i think that he is too afraid that people will think that he got benched for an unknown reason (the serbian mentality haha).

i think the key like piksi said is rest...these guys need a rest at some point in the 3rd or so to really be fresh coming down the stretch...of late a lot of our loses are because we just wore out at the end and went flat or cold...i think the key here is Mike he is the one who REALLY needs the rest

Its gonna be both an emotional and exciting game tonight...i personally cannot wait to see it...at first i said there is NO WAY ill be able to watch the game tonight...but ive thought it over and as much as its gonna hurt seeing Chris in a Sixers uni...i still gotta support my boys

GO KING!!

A

AriesMar27

^^^ true... the mavs game proved that big time.... miller was so out of it by the end of the game..... dirk was quiet during the 3rd then came to life during the 4th..... but we were seriously under manned.....

As much as I hate to admit it I really want Cwebb to have a monster game and bring his new team a win! I really want him to show the Kings management what they threw away! I know there will be some who disagree, but I still feel the sting from Webbs departure so I know he feels it even more, so for his own pride I think he deserves this game. SORRY!

BigWaxer said:
Just a FYI: Just heard on EPSNNEWS that they will have Webber's news conference at 3pm pt.
what?!?! are you kidding me.

i'm in my aunt's house and they don't have espnnews! i have it in my house, but now i'm 4 hours away from it! this pisses me off! someone pls give a transcript. please!

LMM said:
what?!?! are you kidding me.

i'm in my aunt's house and they don't have espnnews! i have it in my house, but now i'm 4 hours away from it! this pisses me off! someone pls give a transcript. please!
Yes, please. I only get it sometimes (when CSN decides to play it)

Status
Not open for further replies.