Kings Sign Mikki Moore

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Mikki Moore Returns to Kings
by Mia Lyre, Sacbeat.com

With their young frontcourt prospects falling like flies, the Sacramento Kings have turned to an old friend.

The Kings have announced that veteran center Mikki Moore, who played for the Kings in the 2007-8 and 2008-09 seasons, will be returning to give the struggling team a boost.

"Mikki is a quality veteran, an experienced starter in this league, who we think can bring some enthusiasm to our lineup," said Kings coach Paul Westphal.

"One of the things we have really been struggling with is lack of experience, and Mikki has definitely been around the block."

Kings big men Jason Thompson (back) and Jon Brockman (knee) have recently missed time due to injury. Moore is seen both as a short term replacement, and a long term mentor by Kings general manager Geoff Petrie.

"Mikki is like the duck that warbles at the passing goose," said Petrie. "It's that type of worldly saavy that we hope he can pass on. He's a quality individual we have been eager to return to the roster as a role model for our younger players."

The Kings made room for Moore on their roster by releasing 11 year NBA veteran guard Larry Hughes on Wednesday.

Moore is not expected to be ready to suit up for Friday's home game against the Utah Jazz, but Westphal indicated he anticipated starting him once he becomes available.

"One of the great things about an old vet like Mikki is that he has kind of seen it all," said Westphal. "You can plug him right in on the fly with no complaints and no dropoff in play."

Continued...
Nice one Bricky. Scary, even as a joke..

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Ok it's a good thing this wasn't true. I honestly really couldn't believe it, but I went ahead and trusted BrickLayer, although I should have known he wouldn't post that much of an article in the thread, AND I didn't even pay attention to source.
You always have to read the source of the article. Somehow Mia Lyre sounds just a little bit too much like something else..;)

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
I don't know why everyone is laughing. Clearly Bricky knows something is up, and he put forth this article to soften the blow. I, for one, will not fall for such shenanigans, and have seen clearly through your ruse. By marketing the return of Mikki More, you're clearly laying the ground work for the return of:

CALVIN BOOTH!

LOL That WAS FUNNY BRICK !!

Don't let the haters dump on ya! That was a funny link too! I didn't know Mikki Moore was still stealin....errr.. Playing in the league...

I might buy one of those gullibility meters and let my wife have it. She'll buy anything from anyone. We were at the fair and the shamwow guy totally had her. She was totally took, and when the guy said buy one get one FREE at the end, she was diggin in her purse for the cash!

Needless to say. the Shamwows are unused in the corner of our pantry....LOL! I use one for the car once, but it was so rough I was afraid it would scratch my FINISH! But it's made in Germany... you know how smart those Germans are....:p

Why am i just no seeing this??? :eek: I thought this was a bumped thread from three years ago. OMG WTF? Lets bring Salmons and Miller back while were at it. :D

EDIT: LOL woooow i = Epic Fail. Might wanna read the thread next time.

Last edited: