Votes: 32 74.4%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I saw a cloud that looked like Thomas Jefferson

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
Best part is Wenyen getting the 15th roster spot, at least we have seen him play a lot for the Kings and I love his hustle

Tyler Lydon I dont even think I saw him much at all even during pre-season

Better Balance on our already deep roster! Guy and DaQuan as two-way 4th PG and SG

Gabriel as our 3rd SF and we still have 6 bigs

Last edited:
Best part is Wenyen getting the 15th roster spot, at least we have seen him play a lot for the Kings and I love his hustle

Tyler Lydon I dont even think I saw him much at all even during pre-season

Better Balance on our already deep roster! Guy and DaQuan as two-way 4th PG and SG

Gabriel as our 3rd SF and we still have 6 bigs
Would like to see them extend Wenyen on a multi year deal.

I guess Vlade saw something he liked in pre-season to pull him off the waiver wire

But with Buddy/Bogie I dont see minutes for Justin James, much less Jeffries

I guess Vlade saw something he liked in pre-season to pull him off the waiver wire

But with Buddy/Bogie I dont see minutes for Justin James, much less Jeffries
r

I hope that's the case, but they are a tweaked ankle away from possible rotation minutes. realistically, Yogi could step in to the rotation and have Cory slide over to backup at 2. I still prefer cutting Swanigan loose at some point for veteran wing depth like Brewer or Shump.

But this is a million times better than keeping Lydon as the 7th big.

Here is a nice write up on DaQuan Jeffries, pre-NBA draft sleeper:

https://cbbtoday.com/nba-draft/favorite-sleeper-tulsa-wing-daquan-jeffries/

He could develop into a nice rotation 3 and D shooting guard in the future. Seems to have an NBA ready body with a large 7 foot wing span. Could be this year's version of the Wenyen Gabriel project, which I like. ;) I like this pick up, could be a big get for us, if he develops.

Last edited:
Good move. I was intrigued by Lydon's shooting abilities. But I think Wenyen and DaQuan have the greater upside and make more sense right now. Nice reward for Wenyen and his hard work. I don't know anything about DaQuan's work ethic, but he's got skills and athleticism. Hard to believe he didn't get drafted. But at 6-5 he's an undersized small forward. At least on paper.

So assuming all 17 roster players are healthy, including 2way, who is inactive, or goes to stockton to get 13 Active players?

I would send James,Guy and Jeffries to Stockton for playing time
Caleb would be Inactive

13 active
Fox,CoJo,Yogi
Buddy,Bogi
Barnes,Ariza,Gabriel
Bagley,Bjelly,Giles
Dedmon, Holmes

Stockton can also sign up to 4 "Associate" players that were cut from Training Camp

So Maybe Lydon,Mika,Piniero, and Ulis can also play in stockton? If you add James,Guy and Jeffries sounds like a fun squad for our G League

So assuming all 17 roster players are healthy, including 2way, who is inactive, or goes to stockton to get 13 Active players?

Caleb would be Inactive

13 active
Fox,CoJo,Yogi
Buddy,Bogi
Barnes,Ariza,Gabriel
Bagley,Bjelly,Giles
Dedmon, Holmes
I agree with that. At some point, the Kings should dump Swanigan, add another veteran 2 guard, and get Gabriel some run in Stockton.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member

Caleb would be Inactive

13 active
Fox,CoJo,Yogi
Buddy,Bogi
Barnes,Ariza,Gabriel
Bagley,Bjelly,Giles
Dedmon, Holmes
I think this is the right answer to start the season, but why not send Caleb to Stockton? I don't think he gets much out of being inactive on the bench.

I think this is the right answer to start the season, but why not send Caleb to Stockton? I don't think he gets much out of being inactive on the bench.
I was not sure we could send him to Stockton, I think players with less than 3 yrs of service can be sent

Caleb in in his 3rd yr of his contract , so looks like he can go there too