Kings role players & development of Honeycutt, Whiteside

Some moves that i think the Kings should make early in this season is to
- Get rid of Francisco Garcia, he is a good vocal leader to the team but i think its time to let him go, he is just not getting it done offensively
- Play Donte Greene more!! John Salmons is a great defender and all but Donte has much more defense potential and he has been off lately but he just needs more floor time! Better fit for Evans , Thornton i think.
- That's good they put Whiteside and Honeycutt to D-League but i think the best way to develop them is to just straight up give them some playing time and get them in the system! Honeycutt is a first year and needs to be placed in the rotation! Whiteside can be a great role player if we fit him in the offense system.
- Jason Thompson & Tyreke Evans have been playing well in Smart's System, Demarcus is going to have a good year but it really is all maturity with him, Thornton is our best all around scorer but he needs to pass more and be consistent.

This should be the lineup with Hayes out:
PG: Tyreke Evans / Jimmer Fredette / Isaiah Thomas
SG: Marcus Thornton / Tyreke Evans / Tyler Honeycutt
SF: John Salmons / Donte Greene / Tyler Honeycutt
PF: JJ Hickson / Jason Thompson
C: Demarcus Cousins / Hassan Whiteside

Last edited:

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Just giving kids "more floor time" isn't always the answer. If you're not showing me anything in 5 minutes why should I give you 10? If you're not showing me anything in 10 why should I give you 15? I'll give you that Donte may be a better fit with Evans and Thornton because I also believe that, but Salmons did a pretty good job when we most needed it vs. the Bucks. Donte can get more minutes by proving himself defensively, and, unlike Salmons, actually hitting an open three. If he can do that, more minutes will come, but I wouldn't just hand him minutes because he's cool to follow on Twitter.
And why get rid of Garcia? We need vets with leadership too, and he has it in spades. His value tends to be in between games. You just can't have a roster full of kids and expect everything to go well.
There's also a reason Whiteside is back in the D-League. He may get a call-up, but it has to depend on what the coach is getting from him in practice. Yeah, practice. I get the sense that right now Whiteside's court sense and ability is above D-League, but below NBA. Ditto Honeycutt.

Well i mean obviously i know its too early to tell in the season, but were going to have a lot of up and downs. I think Honeycutt can get his minutes in playing the 2 or 3, i really believe the kid has the potential to be a Batum type player. I love Salmons but on offense he constantly needs the ball to be effective and it hurts us sometimes. We need guys that can play with emotion and heart and Donte can bring that, he understands his role and does not need the ball to be effective on the offensive end because of his athletic ability(and i dont have a twiter). If Garcia can accept that hes not going to get plenty minuets and still be positive and mentor the younger guys ( Honeycutt) ill take it!

I hope Hassan would join the team back, ASAP. Blow out games like this won't be tough to swallow if Hassan is playing on the floor for actual NBA experience. Same with Honeycutt.

Bench Salmons and put Donte/Outlaw as SF. Salmons comes off the bench as a SG and SG only.

That game against 76ers the other day was just terrible to watch! Salmons shot horrible, Outlaw is a bonafide scrub. The best player on the team yesterday was Jason Thompson. I mean this just can't happen. The rotations were so bad and the team once again resorted to one on one plays at the last closing minutes. This team needs leaders and Hayes is gone for 3 weeks, right now were looking at being lottery if we continue to play like this. Get and play Honeycutt & Whiteside, bench Salmons till he accepts his role as role player, and put the waivers on Travis Outlaw!