[Game] Kings @ Rockets - Saturday, Nov. 17 - 5:00 PM PT

What makes going away from pick and roll even more odd is that Houston is back to switch in every screen and the Kings like to play two bigs. Why would you not take advantage of that? smh. They finally ran that pick and roll with Bagley and CP was on him. It's happened a few times tonight.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
It is.... He’s been the same player for 4 years. It’s going to take more than 10 good games to convince me otherwise.
correct. BIG mistake if the Kings pay this guy big money, but at the same time I can understand it because they can't keep letting talent walk so I'm hoping for a sign and trade at least.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
This Kings team is energized by their offense and that means whatever they do offensively effects every other aspect of the game. They need it to even look average. A lot of teams are the same but the Kings in particular are. That said the Kings do use Willie in a way that's probably beyond his actual talent level and teams will figure it out but the point stands.
It's definitely not beyond his talent level to guard Capela in the pick and roll. He has the length and the mobility. He's out to lunch because he hasn't been scoring. He's got to grow up and think about winning instead of his stat line. He's in his 4th year.

It is.... He’s been the same player for 4 years. It’s going to take more than 10 good games to convince me otherwise.
I disagree that he’s been the same player for 4 years. He’s steadily improved every year he has been in the league. He was projected as a hustle and garbage buckets guy coming out of college that might block some shots. He’s progressed and added a lot to his game.

I’m not saying pay him, especially since I’m not a fan of his rebounding and he hasn’t developed into the overall defender he could be but that statement that he’s the same player is obtuse because he is a completely different player than what he was when he came into the league

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Man, they’re going to have a hard time being even competitive in this stretch of games if WC$ and Bjeli continue like they have been.

You know what pisses me off...Joerger waived the white flag a while ago putting in Skal, Giles, Williams, Yogi and Frank and Dantoni keeps in Paul, Harden and other starters. I hope these guys are noticing this and we return the favor when they come to Sac.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I watch for Marvin calling for the ball in every game, no doubt this game he's had the most all season unanswered, and tbh, plenty of it is due towhat houstons doing defensively.
The guards are really missing opportunites. Mason just missed Williams wide open under the basket. If you have guys like Williams and Bagley open under the basket just put the ball high in the air for them to get it

WOW. Koz went head on into article posted here earlier... Was first word on post game. Says coach saw the article and will address it. Wow. I'm impressed. Wonder if they have an intern scanning these threads during games.

Ya know Skal looked like he shoulda been out there earlier...

Houston was on pace to score like 140pts most of the night, do we really gotta wait for the last few minutes to see if other parts will work??

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I hope he can force Coach’s hands with some minutes. Especially when WCS and Bjeli play like they played today.

I still think there’s something there with Skal.
It's really hard to tell though when the game is out of reach all ready and the opposition isn't even trying anymore. If Skal were to crack the rotation then that would tell us something but he hasn't and he is the garbage time player as of now.