Kings @ Raptors Game Thread

WTF moment of the game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

piksi

Hall of Famer
Can't watch Raptors game - can't do the next thread
----------------------------------------------------------------
Kings lost another one to their 16-33 record. That is 4th worst in the NBA and if we get swept on this 3 game road trip and we easily could be - Kings will get where they belong - 2nd worst team in the NBA. Kings are now only 13-12 at home. Road record will be worse than 3-21 which is at the moment. As you can see - nothing positive to report or expect so now it would be the time to switch to GEIKO.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
In the last 4 season since Kings started to decompose - the overall record is 104-192. The record in the last 2 seasons is 33-98 and getting worse. We were one of the best teams in the first half of the decade and now we are one of the worst if not the worst team of the 2nd half of this decade. You have to give it to the Kings - always the elite - either way.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Kevin is playing like he doen't want to be here and feeling is mutual. This is the case where you add 25 ppg player and everything falls apart. You go from mediocre to pathetic. You go from promising and exciting to 2008-2009. You go from "can't wait for the next game" to "man, can't wait to April 15th."
Something has to happen and quick.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kings lost this game in the first quarter. We did hold the Suns below 40 point in a heroic defensive effort but we only scored 24 points. The other 3 quarters were garbage time. Most impressive stretch of the game was the few minutes of the 3rd quarter when we went from 60-70 to 63-92. What can you say about a team that has 10 assists and 11 turnovers ? Kings couldn't make a stop to save their lives. We did force Suns to make dunk and layups instead of jump shots. Only really accomplishment was preventing Nash from triple double.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
AWARD TIME

TDM - Lopez dominated first and deciding quarter

LW-VC -Frye sucked

JHA - Hawes

MIKKI - Kevin "I live to flop" Martin

SAR- Metuselah - Hill by defoult

RA&1 - Kevin Martin

Jax/Walk - Dragic

WTF moment of the game - have you ever seen a technical foul on a jump ball ?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Early, too early game in Toronto is not a great way to start a mini road trip. Kings can potentially lose this game before breakfast. At 9am Kings players usually return from a bar or a party. The game could be over in the first quarter. Kings have to show us something. I realize that most of our players have booked vacation or is packing to be prepared for the trade deadline but it is embarrassing how some players are just walking and going trough the motion. That is where Kevin Martin has shown his leaderships skills because he leads the pack. Maybe, while we are there - we can take Bosh with us and leave them whatever they want other than Tyreeke.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
my matchups:

Kevin Martin vs game of basketball - can he do anything else than flop himself trough the game ?

Bosh vs Amare vs Millsap vs Blair vs... - does the onslaught continue ?

assists vs turnovers - who wins tonight ?

Weems vs TDM - how bad will it be ?

Rasho vs double double - why not ?

-------------------------------------------------
Evans - don't hurt yourself - not worth it
Thompson - condolences
Greene - exactly
Martin - boooooo reloaded
Hawes - what else is new

Casspi - good numbers - no effect
Sergio - turnover maching
Nocioni - :rolleyes:
Udrih - weak
Brockman - Amare abused him

rest = mateen
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Raptors 27-23 5th in the East and 18-6 at home looking for another easy win taking advantage of easy schedule. (played Nets before us). Turkoglu is hurt but their front line is playing fantastic. Belinelli gets the TDM. LW-VC has to go to Jack. All Kings care tomorrow is unfortunately the "toilet bowl"

Last edited:
Yea, we suck. But not in the way that some teams have sucked. We don't suck as bad as last season no matter how many times people want to compare. Last year was much worse than this year. Last year we had no coach, no Evans, no Hope, and no chance to win games. This year we just dont have any chance to win games because they are too young. We have players that care and we can hope for a bright future. So it's a different level of suck. We went from shop vac suck to hand vac suck. :)

Lets swap bosh for martin on game day! Like during the game just paste masking tape over bosh's jersey and write KINGS on it and RAPTORS for Martin. Seriously, let's do that!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Super Bowl means I may not actually watch this game (first time in seven years or so). Don't want to get sported out too early in the day:cool:

My brother in-law only come to the game with me if we get premium seats. No way I drop $400 to see the Raps blowing out the Kings. Early on I was looking forward to this one. I thought the Kings can get one at the ACC. I doubt it they can even manage to beat the raps at Arco right now. Toronto has the third best record in the L since some date in mid Dec. Not wasting my sun morning/afternoon on this as much as I would love to see Omri and the entire kings team live after following all the games on TV. I went to sleep last night during the 3rd Q.First time I do it this season. Even Omri's garbage time points can't keep me watching this garbage ball past midnight EST.

Last edited:
im in tdot right now, gonna be at the game tommorow morning!:D
cant waitt !!!!!!!!
Cool...can you scream at Kevin to know his role and shut his mouth and hustle for us REAL loud please??:D Scoring 7 points a game when you make $10 million isnt very attractive...he's turning into the new Starbury/McGrady very fast.

Cool...can you scream at Kevin to know his role and shut his mouth and hustle for us REAL loud please??:D Scoring 7 points a game when you make $10 million isnt very attractive...he's turning into the new Starbury/McGrady very fast.
haha you can count on me sir. Im gonna try and buy a cowbell before i go tommorow so i can pee the hell out of the raps fans muwhaha..maybe a laser pointer to shoot into boshs eyes too. consider me the 6th man tommorow.:p:D

It's 1 am here .... I'm hungry gahhh. Kings better win. Probably won't. But I'm staying up for them! Normally west coast games are at 11am for me here.

haha you can count on me sir. Im gonna try and buy a cowbell before i go tommorow so i can pee the hell out of the raps fans muwhaha..maybe a laser pointer to shoot into boshs eyes too. consider me the 6th man tommorow.:p:D
Lol don't hurt bosh he may someday be on our team!

I can't believe I set my alarm for this. One of the following better happen:

1) Kings win
2) Reke gets his first ever triple double
3) Reke scores 50

:p

I can't believe I set my alarm for this. One of the following better happen:

1) Kings win
2) Reke gets his first ever triple double
3) Reke scores 50

:p
Would you accept Kevin gets traded after the game because you stayed up to watch it?

We need to stop forcing and going one on one unless it leads to layups. Settling for too many jumpshots early in the game.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Bargnani managed to draw the "Kevin foul" on Hawes despite the fact that only thing that Hawes' chest apparently made contact with was the ball...

See what I mean, Kevin chucking, Noc chucking... Evans having to run up and down the court for nothing. I think he must be pissed.