[Game] Kings @ Raptors, 12/14/2022 4:30pm Pacific 7:30pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, I’m still not sure how trading for Siakam and OG without giving up Sabonis, Fox, Huerter, Monk, or Barnes qualifies as a bad trade.
Well, his trade is for Barnes, not OG or Siakam. And his trade is basically 5 FRPs. Your last two picks - Davion and Keegan - and 3 future ones. I am not sure how we would even trade 3 future picks with the Huerter restrictions, but even if you could that is a massive swing. If you give up two young rotation guys and three first round picks that is basically THE move. You have nothing else to trade, and you are relying on free agency to fill the gaps. So you have to be sure that the guy you are getting back makes sense and works with your core.

Sabonis/Barnes/Barnes/Huerter/Fox with a bench of Monk, Davis, Metu, Lyles doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Scottie Barnes poses a unique problem to our offense because he does not really stretch the floor and likes to operate in the same spaces as Sabonis. Even with Huerter, that starting lineup has real spacing issues. You solve those problems by brining in Monk/Davis, but then you have the same problem the current team does- subbing out full size wings to add smaller spacing players. Plus, you would still have no wing depth.

If you are going to trade with the Raptors, and want to keep the Sabonis/Fox core, OG makes the most sense. But I wouldn't trade Davion, Keegan and 3FRPs for OG either. That is a huge price, especially when Barnes and OG project more as top 40-50 players, rather than top 10-20. You trade that much you better get it right. Ask Minnesota.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Well, his trade is for Barnes, not OG or Siakam. And his trade is basically 5 FRPs. Your last two picks - Davion and Keegan - and 3 future ones. I am not sure how we would even trade 3 future picks with the Huerter restrictions, but even if you could that is a massive swing. If you give up two young rotation guys and three first round picks that is basically THE move. You have nothing else to trade, and you are relying on free agency to fill the gaps. So you have to be sure that the guy you are getting back makes sense and works with your core.

Sabonis/Barnes/Barnes/Huerter/Fox with a bench of Monk, Davis, Metu, Lyles doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Scottie Barnes poses a unique problem to our offense because he does not really stretch the floor and likes to operate in the same spaces as Sabonis. Even with Huerter, that starting lineup has real spacing issues. You solve those problems by brining in Monk/Davis, but then you have the same problem the current team does- subbing out full size wings to add smaller spacing players. Plus, you would still have no wing depth.

If you are going to trade with the Raptors, and want to keep the Sabonis/Fox core, OG makes the most sense. But I wouldn't trade Davion, Keegan and 3FRPs for OG either. That is a huge price, especially when Barnes and OG project more as top 40-50 players, rather than top 10-20. You trade that much you better get it right. Ask Minnesota.
Nah, the “bad treadmill” trade he’s obsessively posted in every single thread over the last week as another completely imaginary example of Middle Manager Monte has been Keegan (who he previously thought sucked but is now too important to trade apparently) + Davion + 3 Unprotected picks (which we currently do not have either for both Siakam and OG (Despite the fact the salaries wouldn’t work at all).

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Nah, the “bad treadmill” trade he’s obsessively posted in every single thread over the last week as another completely imaginary example of Middle Manager Monte has been Keegan (who he previously thought sucked but is now too important to trade apparently) + Davion + 3 Unprotected picks which we currently do not have either for both Siakam and OG (Despite the fact the salaries wouldn’t work at all).
But aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the trade proposal?

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Nah, the “bad treadmill” trade he’s obsessively posted in every single thread over the last week as another completely imaginary example of Middle Manager Monte has been Keegan (who he previously thought sucked but is now too important to trade apparently) + Davion + 3 Unprotected picks (which we currently do not have either for both Siakam and OG (Despite the fact the salaries wouldn’t work at all).
That's what I have seen as well while doing my best to avoid. His last post I think said Barnes would be playing with Davion and Keegan, as in those were the guys we shipped.

Whatever, I realized long ago (yet long after I should have) that there's zero point in engaging such buffoonery. I will however enjoy the occasional middle manager crack or energy vampire meme.

One can choose to view Sabonis as a hail mary, or someone who had a true vision. I honestly don't care. But I don't think anyone with enough sense to do either would turn around and risk blowing up everything on a trade like that - at least I'd expect Vivek to push for ending the drought first, then shooting for the moon and stars. He already saw what disrupting can do mid-season in 2019. I do believe that even though he fancies himself a "disruptor" he's learned there are times not to do it. And anyone who looks at Minnesota can see what stupid will do to you (or hell, even Dallas who was gifted Luka and has botched every move since).

I'm sorry but that is garbage officiating. The absolute poorest possible quality officiating. The sideline ref is looking right at Fox and "Freddie Double V". Please flood the NBA's email with officiating complaints tonight and tomorrow:

https://contact.nba.com/contact-nba/
I sent in the following….

Please share what actions you are taking to correct the officiating bias against the Sacramento Kings. The Kings’ “two minute reports” from last year and this year are objective measures of the officiating incompetence.

That's what I have seen as well while doing my best to avoid. His last post I think said Barnes would be playing with Davion and Keegan, as in those were the guys we shipped.

Whatever, I realized long ago (yet long after I should have) that there's zero point in engaging such buffoonery. I will however enjoy the occasional middle manager crack or energy vampire meme.

One can choose to view Sabonis as a hail mary, or someone who had a true vision. I honestly don't care. But I don't think anyone with enough sense to do either would turn around and risk blowing up everything on a trade like that - at least I'd expect Vivek to push for ending the drought first, then shooting for the moon and stars. He already saw what disrupting can do mid-season in 2019. I do believe that even though he fancies himself a "disruptor" he's learned there are times not to do it. And anyone who looks at Minnesota can see what stupid will do to you (or hell, even Dallas who was gifted Luka and has botched every move since).
The Sabonis trade definitely wasn't a hail mary. Although people constantly talk about wings and guards, etc, the big man still reigns supreme as far as what most GMs are trying to find. Guards are easy to come by. Bigs like Sabonis are not. The old rule of thumb was that you never trade a talented big for a guard.

This is beyond and beyond a joke now. Surely these refs must be held accountable, just like players are for poor performances?

I can't even say this is just a poor performance. This looks like these refs have put money down on the game. One of the worst, if not the worst officiated game I've seen in my 35+ years watching the NBA.

Here is hoping a full investigation is made on these refs, or at least a fine or suspension without pay. Won't happen though...

Status
Not open for further replies.