Kings putting Bogs into starting lineup instead of Hield

Let’s see how mature he is and if he responds. Hopefully Walton has made more adjustments than just a simple lineup change that anyone could have done

Also, i hate that Holmes has been out for so long. Good lord can someone hire some competent team Doctors?

Well. We get to see what we all wanted to before Bogie came up lame before his second season.

Probably will be a good thing for Buddy. He wont be the focal point of the defense as much. Chuck away, chuckster!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Desperate coach rearranging chairs on the Titanic.

Use them correctly and Fox/Buddy is the most seamless fit on the roster. But they don't use their players correctly and they never will.
This just feels disingenuous. People/fans have been clamoring for some changes. This one seems pretty logical to me, especially since it appears Bogs may finally be healthy again.

The NBA is a results oriented League. Having another playmaker in the starting line up seems like a good idea to me.

Also - Holmes injury is one we should be cautious about. Shoulders are complicated and we don’t want a labrum tear. I’ve messed up my AC joint before. It makes it tough to reach straight up - which is important for rebounding, blocking shots and dunking.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
What a difference a season makes. This time last year Buddy was our leading scorer and people were wondering what's wrong with Bogs. I guess no one remembers that? Bogi is the better playmaker so he makes more sense in Luke's offense and Buddy hasn't been lighting it up this year anyway... so I expect this will lead to some better performances, at least in the short-term. Benching a guy half a season after you give him a $94 million extension feels like a disaster though. Shades of extending Rudy Gay and then immediately firing Mike Malone sending him into a sulk spiral for the rest of his Kings tenure. Could see this coming a mile away and I don't like it. But Luke is our coach now so I guess we've got to do what's going to help this team win right now. Remember that Bogi is a free agent at the end of the year though and we need to save money for Fox and Bagley so the better he plays the greater chance he's gone.

I think the Kings are seeing if Bogi is worth keeping with this move (might have decided Buddy is not), he's been awful for over 1 year now playing off the bench. This is Bogi's final chance to show he should be a King moving forward.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Yo, what the hell is the deal with Walton's smarmy little, "Who told you that?", when asked about the change to his starting lineup, as if he didn't already know that the reporter had it right? I hate how ****ting on the media has become the new favorite pastime in this country and, then, even when they do their due diligence, we condescend to them, anyway. **** that guy.

I think the Kings are seeing if Bogi is worth keeping with this move (might have decided Buddy is not), he's been awful for over 1 year now playing off the bench. This is Bogi's final chance to show he should be a King moving forward.
I’m not sure it’s anything more than just shaking things up, but with that said....I think they know they want Bogi and I suspect most smart front offices around the league believe he’s the more valuable of the two players. If he can excel in a starting role in his natural 2 guard role, it will hopefully make him happy about sticking around long term.